01-30-2011, 03:41 AM #1
SirBlazeAlot
I ROCK like a fossil
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok well i couldnt find a better place for this, so if a better place DOES exist then please move it for me mods. :embarrassed:

So i KNOW this game has only been out a few days and some want to play through it legit and so on, so if this isnt for you PLEASE move on and TRY to keep the flaming to a minimum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I do NOT take credit for these mods, all credits to ps3hax. Claps
[/I]

------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

There is now a premade patch for modding your BIGFILE.VIV file. MUCH QUICKER

Download PPF Patcher from here - You must login or register to view this content.
Download Dead Space 2 patch file from here - You must login or register to view this content.

• Extract them both into a directory along with your BIGFILE0.VIV
  • Run ppf-o-matic 3.0.exe
  • Next to ISO File, click on the disk image
  • Under 'files of type' click and choose 'All Files'
  • Now select the BIGFILE0.VIV you want to patch
  • Click the disk image next to Patch
  • Under 'files of type' click and choose 'All Files'
  • Select 'BIGFILE0.VIV.Patch_v2'
  • Click 'Apply'

You now have a fully modded BIGFILE0.VIV! Enjoy.

MANUAL TUTURIAL

Requirements

• CFW 3.55
  • Blackbox FTP
  • FileZilla
  • Hex Editor
  • BACKUP of Deadspace 2 (multimanager)

Tutorial

1. Assuming you are on CFW 3.55, fire up blackbox FTP.

2. Next, on your PC , start FileZilla.

3. Now, in the top left box type the IP address shown on your blackbox FTP on your ps3 console, and click "quick connect".

4. Now,on the RIGHT side of filezilla navigate to hdd_0/GAMEZ/BLUS30624/USERID. (If not GAMEZ find the folder your backup manager saves to)

5. Next, on the LEFT side of filezilla navigate to your desktop.

6. On the RIGHT side of filezilla in the USERID folder, find the file "BIGFILE.VIV" and double click it. If done correctly it should have copied this file to your desktop on your PC. -- Minimize filezilla.

7. Open the BIGFILE.VIV file with your hex editor.

8. Now is your hex editor search for "um:BaseValue". Make SURE the offset is "0001E140".

9. Now next to each gun there should be values for range, speed, capacity, ect.

10. Capacity AND damage values can range from 6-99.

EXAMPLE:
Default Value: um:BaseValue("PlasmaCutter", "Capacity", 10)

Modded Value: um:BaseValue("PlasmaCutter", "Capacity",999)

11. Thanks to ps3hax below is a list of ALL the value ranges that can be set for each gun/rig/item

Gun Value Ranges

* Default Value > New Value

Plasma Cutter:

• Range: 20 > 999
  • Capacity: 10 > 999
  • Damage: 10 > 999
  • AltDamage: 10 > 999
  • Reload (how fast you reload): 1x > 50x
  • Speed (seconds between shots): 1 > .5
  • Special (unlockable?): 0 > 1

Javelin Gun:

• Range: 20 > 999
  • Capacity: 5 > 99
  • Damage: 50 > 999
  • AltDamage: 10 > 999
  • Reload: 1x > 50x

Line Gun:

• Damage: 15 > 999
  • AltDamage: 20 > 999
  • Speed: 1 > .5
  • Width (how wide the line you shoot is): 1 > 10

Pulse Rifle:

• Capacity: 50 > 999
  • Damage: 5 > 99
  • AltDamage: 3 > 99

Ripper:

• Capacity: 8 > 99
  • Damage: 8 > 99
  • AltDamage: 20 > 999
  • Duration (how long you can use the blade in seconds): 5 > 99

Flamethrower:

• Capacity: 50 > 999
  • Damage: 4 > 99
  • AltDamage: 1 > 99
  • Duration (how long fire will burn for in seconds (max VFX=15)): 5 > 15

Contact Beam:

• Capacity: 4 > 99
  • Damage: 200 > 9999
  • Charge (how long it takes to charge the beam in seconds): .8 > .0

Force Gun:

• Damage: 20 > 999
  • AltDamage: 15 > 999

RIG:

• HP (health): 100 > 9999
  • Air (in seconds): 120 > 9999
  • Damage: 1 > 99

Stasis Module:

• Energy: 40 > 999
  • Duration (how long targets will be affected by stasis in seconds): 8 > 99
  • Charge (how long it takes for stasis energy to regerate in seconds): 100 > 0.1

Kinesis Module:

• Range (how far you can grab **** from): 20 > 999

RPG Gun:

• Capacity: 1 > 99

Mine Gun:

• Capacity: 3 > 99

Rivet Gun:

• Capacity: 16 > 999
  • Damage: 5 > 99
  • AltDamage: 30 > 999

Seeker Rifle:

• Capacity: 4 > 99
  • Damage: 50 > 999
  • AltDamage: 50 > 999

12. Once you have modded the guns and items you want, then save the file and navigate back to filezilla.

13. Double click the BIGFILE.VIV on the LEFT side and it will copy/overwrite the BIGFILE.VIV on your ps3.

14. Once done, exit FTP, restart Platstation 3, and enjoy the mods.

READ

If you do not own any of the mentioned items in the mods already, And you acquire it AFTER you do the mods, The effects will not reflect on them, You must do the modding again for it to take affect.

*RECOMMENDED* If you want to go back to playing legit then make sure to copy/backup and SAVE the ORIGINAL BIGFILE.VIV
Last edited by SirBlazeAlot ; 01-30-2011 at 04:27 PM.

The following 29 users say thank you to SirBlazeAlot for this useful post:

.Illuminati., 0xFa1z, 4th survivor, Agentcell, Asmel, AtlasK, bcb, dazemerson1972, Desert54, drive4567, gameoverrg, Ghost_MW2, HaRdCoRe_NL, HomeWorkPS, ibombo, iNgLewooD64-, Ix Benere xI, j0nny, momotheboss, Mr. Star, pop33, samet2013, Solid Snake, SolidSnake77, styl, ThwiX, TwistedModzV3, Wilisete, Xx-NukeClan-xX
02-07-2011, 03:13 PM #74
StarWave
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by MW2 View Post
sorry for my bad english, but i have a big problem:

i moddet the patch with HxD. but if i get catched by a necromorph in the game, i cant free me with pressing the X-button. the necromorph kills me in 2 seconds. i play on normal (lol) difficultly. please help.

EDIT:

I tried the easy way with the patch. it works fine now, thank you very much.

hey GHOST, is your deadspace2 internal or external? and did u load up one of your own saves to see this mod in action? or do you have to start a new game for the mod to work? please read my above post above yours to see what is happening to me. thanks in advance.
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM #75
Originally posted by MW2 View Post
Can anybody help me? I dont have a USERID folder or data in my backup of dead space 2. I have the EU version (BLES-01040) and there are only this folders: PS3_DISC.SFB, PS3_UPDATE and PS3_GAME. Please help.

Sorry for my bad english.

The USRDIR folder is inside PS3_GAME
BLES-01040->PS3_GAME->USRDIR->BIGFILE0.VIV
02-07-2011, 05:02 PM #76
pr3dato8
Can’t trickshot me!
Hey guys, I dont mean to sound like a noob (but in this area i am a major one) but I was wndering if anyone could take a few of my save files and edit them (I am from UK so I think Ill have the EU version).

I could offer a small fee for the time spent even though it will be small.

Its Just that I am not a big head with all the editting programs and i really didnt quite get what to do here. Maybe anyone could make a video tutorial? That would really help.

So if anyone is willing to help me please pm me or something, Ill just ask you to edit 3 save files (One on which I am right in the middle of, one on zealot and one on hard core).
02-07-2011, 05:08 PM #77
wowaka
Former Staff
this games too scary!
02-07-2011, 07:38 PM #78
bullhead
Do a barrel roll!
sweetttttttttttt

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

sweettttttt
02-08-2011, 01:48 AM #79
StarWave
< ^ > < ^ >
daaamn, nobody can answer my posts? stop being little pansies and let me know please.?lol

"hey guys,first off thanks for the patch. people got it working so i do not know why it isnt for me. i followed the guide i ftp with filezilla go to the correct folders and ftp that bigfile0.viv after i patched it with said program. my thing is i loaded up a save i had on chapter 15 and i noticed nothing changed. i still have the same ammo and health last i played legit. am i suppose to only ftp to my hdd0? cause i have my game on usb HDD and i ftp everything to there. can it work on both?internal and external? i have to go to bed for work.ill check back in a few hrs. are u suppose to notice right away? do i need to go to a bench to see if it works? can i continue a save or must i start from beginning to see the mods? thanks in advance."
Last edited by StarWave ; 02-08-2011 at 01:52 AM.
02-09-2011, 09:52 PM #80
Darkjolie
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by starwave View Post
daaamn, nobody can answer my posts? stop being little pansies and let me know please.?lol

"hey guys,first off thanks for the patch. people got it working so i do not know why it isnt for me. i followed the guide i ftp with filezilla go to the correct folders and ftp that bigfile0.viv after i patched it with said program. my thing is i loaded up a save i had on chapter 15 and i noticed nothing changed. i still have the same ammo and health last i played legit. am i suppose to only ftp to my hdd0? cause i have my game on usb HDD and i ftp everything to there. can it work on both?internal and external? i have to go to bed for work.ill check back in a few hrs. are u suppose to notice right away? do i need to go to a bench to see if it works? can i continue a save or must i start from beginning to see the mods? thanks in advance."

good questions, but i got no answer xD
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM #81
can someone make me a game save on the last chapter on hard core and send it to me ill give u money or do have one ready to be synced????
02-09-2011, 11:04 PM #82
Good Thread :bro::y:

The following user thanked xKryptonite1 for this useful post:

SirBlazeAlot

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo