Post: [IDEA THREAD] Custom Firmware Ideas - Must Read/Post Ideas
02-12-2011, 09:47 AM #1
Romen_Xelkorta
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
(This is NOT A QUESTION THREAD!, THIS IS AN IDEA THREAD!)
NOTE: BEFORE POSTING, PLEASE READ THE ENTER POST BELOW SO YOU DONT POST SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY ANSWERED!

THE IDEA THREAD
POST YOUR IDEA TO GET ADDED UP

NOTE: BEFORE POSTING, PLEASE READ THE ENTER POST BELOW SO YOU DONT POST SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY ANSWERED!

~!INDEX!~
Page 1 - Intro
Page 2 - Offline Mode CFW (Idea by Romen_Xelkorta)

Page 3 - Dual Boot PS3 (Idea by TooM and StepUrGameUp)
Page 4 - Questions and Answers (Read before Posting)
~!INDEX!~

Huge Note - I did not ask for rep or anything, and all credit goes to the idea starters, yet if you want to rep anyone, then go ahead, its not like me or anyone can stop you. Winky Winky

[multipage=Offline Mode Idea]

'OFFLINE MODE IDEA'
- ROMEN XELKORTA

Why not just make a a Custom Firmware that is designed to be used offline the PSN, then if you wana go back online, you have to go reinstall the official Firmware.
Wouldnt that be easier?

I mean think about it, the terms on PSN violates CFW on PSN, but the TERMS never say you cant use custom firmware that does not allow PSN connection, so technically, you wouldnt violate any terms, cause your not using PSN with CFW, instead your using the OFW for online mode!

CFW = (Offline Only Uses)

OFW = (Online Uses)

I mean, people could work with this, like i would erase my logs then go back to OFW with no apps installed.

completely invisible you kno?

EDIT: In the Terms for PSN, you are violating those Terms when using CFW on PSN, but you can just use CFW offline, then switch to OFW to go back online without breaking the TERMS

[multipage= Dual Boot PS3 Idea]

'Awesome faceUAL BOOT PS3'
- TooM & StepUrGameUP

vORIGINALLY POSTED BY StepUrGameUPvsomething along the lines of maybe 2 partitions:

partition 1 - ofw
partition 2 - cfw

so no matter what firmware sony release.. we would be able to update partition 1 and still have our cfw untouched on partition 2..

Why this is a good idea?
Because on one partition, all your hacks and homebrews are on, on the other.. you have nothing that homebrew or anything on it that would break any terms of agreement

Flaws by Romen_Xelkorta
I dont know if it be possible to transfer data between the 2 partitions, like for example, what if someone wants to go online with, could you transfer data to the other partition?

[multipage=Questions and Answers]

Questions and Answers

Originally posted by xFkN View Post
No Good Idea because sony can see the pogramms they you use on your ps3 [It's no Matter are you online or offline]

you are sooooo dumb, do you really think someone can hack your computer or ps3 without being connected to anything.. unlikely.

All i have to do is simply disable my internet or using a proxy with internet enabled without psn connection. then you can put all your pkgs on your member stick and install then delete, then use the WipeHistory homebrew. so technically im right. and the ps3 doesnt store history on WipeHistory.

Sony can see whats on your ps3 even if your not connected to sony?

Your are dumb, so technically your saying, sony implanted a device in the ps3 that could be used to connect to sony, yet sony wont use this device to give us free internet, instead of paying our cable bills, or etc?

Is that what your saying.

Do you think someone can hack your computer that is not even connected through router or wire to any source, that be physically impossible.

They would have to be at your console to see it for themselfs!

Sony CAN NOT JUST SIMPLY SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DUMBASS, its a thing called server-side,once your on the internet, sony can use it against you. on your ps3. that is.

NUMBER 3 QUESTION

Originally posted by ImNoHacker View Post
Hey. i gots a suggestion.. Why don't you POST THIS IN THE FRIGGEN QUESTION SECTION WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm

actually this isnt a question, its an idea thread, did i ask anything in it, i just gave ideas.

OTHER QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS?

Originally posted by theycallmeryan View Post
Yeah but just because it doesn't violate the ToU doesn't mean anything, it still isn't any easier to make and find the codes, and also (keep in mind how Sony has acted recently), Sony would still get butthurt and sue you because you hacked their console.

actually, PSN is theirs, the console is theirs till you buy it, then its yours. Except the serverside things like anything that has to do with PSN and FW

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Originally posted by .Spike. View Post
lol Actually Sony confirmed the ps3 has somthing inside that triggers the system to let Sony know you turned on your system, it also transfirs the logs to Sony. Unless someone has proof that Sony was lying?

where is your source? so that way we can prove it that your right.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Originally posted by theycallmeryan View Post
There's only like 2 now, the rest are being sued.

no they are not, look here.

i have real sources, and you dont

You must login or register to view this content.

btw. geohot wasnt sued, the case was dropped i believe.

EVEN MORE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!
Originally posted by EDGARDI View Post
Hey bro just a heads up. Asking for +rep will get you -rep.

um, did i ask for rep??? god people are dumb.

Originally posted by timothyrowan View Post
Dude Too be honest.. who can be ****ed reinstalling all that shit lol, and who wants too wipe a game backed up to there hard drive than when they want to play a copied game "offline" they wont have it because they would have too delete it ass well as apps etc.. And that would take another 30-60 minutes depending on the game... And i can be you would say "use a External HDD" not much games are even compatible with Externals and should be on your internal. Just my thoughts hahahaha but peace bro.

actually historywipe only gets rid of your logs of anything uve done on it

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Originally posted by timothyrowan View Post
Yeah i know that but what if they scanned your ps3 and see "HEY WTF IS GT5 DOING ON THIS GUYS PS3 HDD" *bannnnnn Mofo*

Yea, true but not if the 2nd idea was intact

Last edited by Romen_Xelkorta ; 02-12-2011 at 09:12 AM.

The following user thanked Romen_Xelkorta for this useful post:

New York BOY !
02-12-2011, 09:50 AM #2
Lucy Pinder
At least I can fight
hhhmm a lot of work would be needed if this was going to be made. i think if it was made i think it would fail
Last edited by Lucy Pinder ; 02-12-2011 at 09:53 AM.
02-12-2011, 09:55 AM #3
pcfreak30
>> PCFreak30.com Happy<<
Um offine has been known. Oh and you can't dual boot a ps3 as its a integrated system. All data is on the nand for the FW, so it would be very hard to have the nand load from someplace else. In a PC the OS is installed to the hdd. In a PS3 the OS is installed onto a separate chip with a shit load of encryption.

Good ideas though, not practical...
02-12-2011, 10:16 AM #4
Romen_Xelkorta
Are you high?
yea, but atlest throw some new ideas for me
02-12-2011, 04:26 PM #5
I was thinking about dual booting, but I'm not sure how that would work if it would at all. If it does work it is the best solution.
02-12-2011, 05:19 PM #6
NextGenStalker
Error… Cat invasion!
actually i think the offline mode is the best solution...... just clear the evidence, and then update back to ofw.... ur technically not breaking psn terms so if u get banned send Sony a email saying i wasnt breaking the terms because the terms states using CFW online.... not offline
02-12-2011, 05:29 PM #7
d1215
Gym leader
Debug Options, and adding extra categories to the XMB.
02-12-2011, 08:37 PM #8
why cant everybody from the ps3 scene just get to gether and have a meeting and tlk about it and it would probily work then but it would have to be highly secretive
02-12-2011, 08:46 PM #9
jubz-2k10
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Xelkorta View Post

THE IDEA THREAD
POST YOUR IDEA TO GET ADDED UP

~!INDEX!~
Page 1 - Intro
Page 2 - Offline Mode CFW (Idea by Romen_Xelkorta)

Page 3 - Dual Boot PS3 (Idea by TooM and StepUrGameUp)
Page 4 - Questions and Answers (Read before Posting)
~!INDEX!~

Huge Note - I did not ask for rep or anything, and all credit goes to the idea starters, yet if you want to rep anyone, then go ahead, its not like me or anyone can stop you. Winky Winky

[multipage=Offline Mode Idea]

'OFFLINE MODE IDEA'
- ROMEN XELKORTA

Why not just make a a Custom Firmware that is designed to be used offline the PSN, then if you wana go back online, you have to go reinstall the official Firmware.
Wouldnt that be easier?

I mean think about it, the terms on PSN violates CFW on PSN, but the TERMS never say you cant use custom firmware that does not allow PSN connection, so technically, you wouldnt violate any terms, cause your not using PSN with CFW, instead your using the OFW for online mode!

CFW = (Offline Only Uses)

OFW = (Online Uses)

I mean, people could work with this, like i would erase my logs then go back to OFW with no apps installed.

completely invisible you kno?

EDIT: In the Terms for PSN, you are violating those Terms when using CFW on PSN, but you can just use CFW offline, then switch to OFW to go back online without breaking the TERMS

[multipage= Dual Boot PS3 Idea]

'Awesome faceUAL BOOT PS3'
- TooM & StepUrGameUP

vORIGINALLY POSTED BY StepUrGameUPvsomething along the lines of maybe 2 partitions:

partition 1 - ofw
partition 2 - cfw

so no matter what firmware sony release.. we would be able to update partition 1 and still have our cfw untouched on partition 2..

Why this is a good idea?
Because on one partition, all your hacks and homebrews are on, on the other.. you have nothing that homebrew or anything on it that would break any terms of agreement

Flaws by Romen_Xelkorta
I dont know if it be possible to transfer data between the 2 partitions, like for example, what if someone wants to go online with, could you transfer data to the other partition?

[multipage=Questions and Answers]

Questions and Answers

you are sooooo dumb, do you really think someone can hack your computer or ps3 without being connected to anything.. unlikely.

All i have to do is simply disable my internet or using a proxy with internet enabled without psn connection. then you can put all your pkgs on your member stick and install then delete, then use the WipeHistory homebrew. so technically im right. and the ps3 doesnt store history on WipeHistory.

Sony can see whats on your ps3 even if your not connected to sony?

Your are dumb, so technically your saying, sony implanted a device in the ps3 that could be used to connect to sony, yet sony wont use this device to give us free internet, instead of paying our cable bills, or etc?

Is that what your saying.

Do you think someone can hack your computer that is not even connected through router or wire to any source, that be physically impossible.

They would have to be at your console to see it for themselfs!

Sony CAN NOT JUST SIMPLY SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DUMBASS, its a thing called server-side,once your on the internet, sony can use it against you. on your ps3. that is.

NUMBER 3 QUESTION

actually this isnt a question, its an idea thread, did i ask anything in it, i just gave ideas.

OTHER QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS?

actually, PSN is theirs, the console is theirs till you buy it, then its yours. Except the serverside things like anything that has to do with PSN and FW

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

where is your source? so that way we can prove it that your right.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

no they are not, look here.

i have real sources, and you dont

You must login or register to view this content.

btw. geohot wasnt sued, the case was dropped i believe.

EVEN MORE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!

um, did i ask for rep??? god people are dumb.

actually historywipe only gets rid of your logs of anything uve done on it

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Yea, true but not if the 2nd idea was intact

The dual boot thing like this~?:
My way- It's like otherOS we have the 3.55Cfw as one OS and another OS as 3.56 OFW or any later OFW...
If jaicrabs firmware loader worked for 3.55 users and we had the files need (i think dev_flash files like vsh etc...) from a 3.56 firmware.

The following user thanked jubz-2k10 for this useful post:

02-12-2011, 09:23 PM #10
New York BOY !
Service Shop Owner ;
The offline CFW thing i don't think it will work for now. Unless if you can downgrade your system no matter on wat firmware you on.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo