02-14-2011, 02:43 AM #1
Fail
I Break The Rules.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This has only worked for me currently on Windows 7. Hope I can get some feedback from other OS.

After all day I have finally came across this. I did what most of this tutorial said but then didn't find anything. I finally found a link in google and here is the tutorial!

Start Command Prompt:
1. Hit the combination key of Windows+R (or start run window)
2. Type cmd and hit enter.
3. This will open the command prompt

Check which process is using port 80:
1. On the command prompt window, type the following command (copy and paste) without the " ".

"netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80"

1. The last column is what is called as the process ID column.

Open Task Manager to check the process ISad Awesome
1. Right click on the taskbar to open the the task manager.
2. Go to the Processes tab.
3. Click the View menu
4. And make sure you select the PID (Process Identifier) as shown in the image below.
5. Now you’ll be able to see which process is using the PID in question. In my case the process ID was 4 which stood for NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM.
Do not kill that process! If you do you will get a blue screen of death (BSOD). This is an important process comprised of various services. The service in question is (the one using port 80) “World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)“. This is the service using port 80. Go to the service and stop it..

To stop this service:
1. Go to Task Manager.
2. Click the Services tab
3. Arrange the Services by description.
4. Look for something that reads World Wide Web Publishing Service in the description column
5. Right click on it and select Stop Sevice.

That's it, now try and connect with Charles and you will see that it will not give you the dreaded error that something is using port 80.

This tut was not done by me, my only credit is to find it and modify it a bit and posting it here.

Hope this helps you guys and if it does you know what to do! PRESS THANKS!

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Fail for this useful post:

Kon_E3
02-14-2011, 02:46 AM #2
DR-Dizzy
aka xAeRo-_EliTzZ 8|
I already posted something similar You must login or register to view this content.

It got closed as it was already posted You must login or register to view this content.
02-14-2011, 02:47 AM #3
Fail
I Break The Rules.
Originally posted by Dr.Dizzy View Post
I already posted something similar You must login or register to view this content.

It got closed as it was already posted You must login or register to view this content.

Damn I never saw that. Fail. Mods may aswell close.
02-14-2011, 02:52 AM #4
Kon_E3
Bounty hunter
OMG u have no idea what I went through to get this working... I made new user account, disconnected my printers and left networking. Anyway I think I know why I have that, while I was using previous guides on signing the certs I have activated this feature, I forgot where though.
02-14-2011, 02:59 AM #5
hammy876
Can’t trickshot me!
can someone please help me im gettinf A system update is required.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo