02-20-2011, 05:01 PM #1
WaZoO
† Nipples+GFX= LIFE †
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
New PS3 Jailbreak Allows Gamers To Undo PSN Bans

You must login or register to view this content.

Originally posted by another user
Following Sony's move to block PS3 hackers from the console's online functions, a new jailbreak has been released which reportedly allows users to unban themselves on PSN.

Reports of the platform holder banning jailbreak users began appearing on Thursday, after Sony released a warning to anyone taking advantage of hacks.

Hackers were sent a message directly from Sony. It read:

"A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system. Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to the PlayStation(R)Network and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your PlayStation(R)3 system."

However, Destructoid reports that an all-new jailbreak not only claims to allow users to unban themselves, but also to ban (and presumably unban) other PS3s - so long as the perpetrator is in possession of their console ID.

It all sounds dodgy as sin, obviously. But Geohot's not rapping. Which can only be a Good Thing.

Well isn't that lucky for all you PS3 users. Now you can supposedly unban yourselves after Sony's trolling campaign. Also, it might be possible to unban other PS3 users as well. Hope this rumor is true. Dancing

The following 4 users say thank you to WaZoO for this useful post:

aZlan, b0snian, SinaStyLaInChaZ, TheKid420
02-20-2011, 05:26 PM #11
WaZoO
† Nipples+GFX= LIFE †
Originally posted by TheKid420 View Post
Sorry I just can't take a guy with -38rep seriously

Yeah ik. When I put in the title of the thread, there were no others related to this. He's probably just trying to get post count...
02-20-2011, 05:26 PM #12
jeffers07
Climbing up the ladder
it was posted a couple of days ago. i think there referring to the console id swap thing which can ban random users or the Charles unbanning theory.
02-20-2011, 05:30 PM #13
Kon_E3
Bounty hunter
Exactly what jailbreak? I'm pretty sure ur talking about the program that switches ur ps3's id
02-20-2011, 05:35 PM #14
this doesnt even have a tutorial? or doesn't even tell how to do any unban things except direct to other sites postes?
02-20-2011, 05:37 PM #15
-Bane-
Bane Does Work. Like Me.
Originally posted by WaZoO View Post
New PS3 Jailbreak Allows Gamers To Undo PSN Bans

Well isn't that lucky for all you PS3 users. Now you can supposedly unban yourselves after Sony's trolling campaign. Also, it might be possible to unban other PS3 users as well. Hope this rumor is true. Dancing

i have never heard of being able to ban people.?
02-20-2011, 05:45 PM #16
Here's the post from about two days ago about this

02-20-2011, 05:47 PM #17
Harley Quinn
Little One
This funny XD

Sony bans you then you unban yourself XD

Sony must be pissed lol
02-20-2011, 05:53 PM #18
Superchunk
Are you high?
LOL banning people thats ****ed up:p
02-20-2011, 06:45 PM #19
jeffers07
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Superchunk View Post
LOL banning people thats ****ed up:p

haha i no if the consle id worked u can ban some random guys ps3 so would av ****ed up big time if that happens hahaha :black::black:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo