02-22-2011, 01:51 AM #1
h34t
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys I asked a question similar to this in a different part of the forums but I figured I might get better answers in this part of the forums.

So I jailbroke my ps3 probably a week before the 3.56 update. I had installed blackb0x for mw2. When 3.56 came out, I updated my ps3 and noticed the ps3 was no longer jailbroken. I also then deleted the blackb0x. After a while, I got bored using modded MW2 so I deleted the modded patch and reinstalled the main one - was it 1.11 or something like that? My question is this - with the rumoured bans happening and with the 3.60 update to come, will I be safe from a ban considering I am running on the main firmware again and not hacking in any way? I know Sony had sent emails to people (an email I did NOT get) telling them to take off their "pirated/circumvention" software or they will face a ban. Does this mean if people delete their stuff then they will be safe from a ban? Sorry if I seem paranoid it's just that the online means more to me than having homebrew or anything like that so if I can get some feedback about my situation then I would REALLY appreciate it!!
02-22-2011, 01:58 AM #2
Mugen904
-Bosna u Srcu-
Originally posted by h34t View Post
Hey guys I asked a question similar to this in a different part of the forums but I figured I might get better answers in this part of the forums.

So I jailbroke my ps3 probably a week before the 3.56 update. I had installed blackb0x for mw2. When 3.56 came out, I updated my ps3 and noticed the ps3 was no longer jailbroken. I also then deleted the blackb0x. After a while, I got bored using modded MW2 so I deleted the modded patch and reinstalled the main one - was it 1.11 or something like that? My question is this - with the rumoured bans happening and with the 3.60 update to come, will I be safe from a ban considering I am running on the main firmware again and not hacking in any way? I know Sony had sent emails to people (an email I did NOT get) telling them to take off their "pirated/circumvention" software or they will face a ban. Does this mean if people delete their stuff then they will be safe from a ban? Sorry if I seem paranoid it's just that the online means more to me than having homebrew or anything like that so if I can get some feedback about my situation then I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Yeah man you are save, you will not get banned.
02-22-2011, 02:02 AM #3
h34t
Keeper
Originally posted by Mugen904 View Post
Yeah man you are save, you will not get banned.

Ok and you are pretty much sure I won't? I'm sorry I seem so worried I just really don't want to lose the online - I don't want to have to end up buying a 360 just for Live.
02-22-2011, 02:05 AM #4
Mugen904
-Bosna u Srcu-
Originally posted by h34t View Post
Ok and you are pretty much sure I won't? I'm sorry I seem so worried I just really don't want to lose the online - I don't want to have to end up buying a 360 just for Live.

Yes pretty sure, even if you get banned just sell your console and go buy new one thats all..no worries man Happy

The following user thanked Mugen904 for this useful post:

h34t
02-22-2011, 02:06 AM #5
NDM-Dr0pSh0Ts
Error… Cat invasion!
If your paranoid you shouldn't of hacked in the first place. Everyone that hacked their ps3 should know their would eventually be consequence's. If your gonna hack don't be scared of getting in trouble for it. You wont be banned if you deleted all the traces of CFW on your ps3

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo