02-22-2011, 08:44 AM #1
jeffers07
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You must login or register to view this content.

Okay so Geohot (George Hotz) was sued by Sony for hacking the PlayStation 3 and releasing the root keys out to the web. So what! Everyone is against him and his legal battle with Sony, saying that he deserves it. I have got news for you guys, Geohot has never condoned or supported piracy or hacking on the PSN network. He does however support the ability to hack YOUR OWN equipment that you have purchased legally and therefore releases tools to do so.

Right on his website and the statement below it states that he fully supports anti-piracy when it comes to equipment and networks that are not your own. Sony should not be allowed to sue based only on the fact that he is hacking his own PlayStation, I do agree that releasing the root key for the PlayStation may have been ill-advised. However like I stated before, he never condoned the piracy on equipment other than your own.

I am an advocate against mass piracy, do not distribute anyone’s copyrighted work but my own, do not take crap lying down, and am even pro DRM in a sense. For example, I believe Apple has every right to lock down their iPhone in the factory as much as they want, but once it’s paid for and mine, I have the right to unlock it, smash it, jailbreak it, look at it, and hack on it. Fortunately, the courts agree with me on this point.

Geohot does not control what other people do with those tools on the PSN network or on their own consoles, he just makes it easier. Nobody was mad when he jailbroke the first iPhone and then released said Jailbreak to the public for everyone else. Now as soon as he Jailbreaks the PlayStation 3 and posts information and tool-kits for it he is the worst person on the planet.

What about all of the other hackers that break into Windows based systems or other systems on a daily basis? Should they have stones thrown at them by the general public as well? Geohot has already scored support from organizations like EFF, and just regular people and is still taking donations on his blog. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have an opinion on the matter.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 5 users say thank you to jeffers07 for this useful post:

Jmclark, Ox1337, shotkillah55, UnrealReality, Vegetᶏ
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM #11
Wait, who said that he deserved this? I don't see one post on here about "attacking" George Hotz.
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM #12
hoppy817
Do a barrel roll!
Yeh, I haven't read anything about people being against geohot either, all I've seen is how much people love him, including me Smile
02-22-2011, 02:57 PM #13
jeffers07
Climbing up the ladder
people started hatein because he sed he's behind sony bannin peoples consoles but he only ment the people hu have pirated games
02-22-2011, 03:03 PM #14
Geohot will never be hated, he will always be :wub:

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Originally posted by FourzerotwoFAILS View Post
Wait, who said that he deserved this? I don't see one post on here about "attacking" George Hotz.

Lmao, just saw your extension to your sig =D. Funniest thing I've seen today:y:.
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM #15
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
Fukin sony fukin faggets, how dare they do so many things like that against the customer
02-22-2011, 05:07 PM #16
jeffers07
Climbing up the ladder
they pevish very pevish why cant they take it on the chin like apple did and move on to ps4 or summit

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo