Post: [NEWS:]►Native Youtube Application Is Coming To Your PS3
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Google, who owns Youtube is currently in the hunt for Youtube console programmers that are responsible on “Game-console-based TV experience with You Tube video content” project.

Judging by how Google requires their console Youtube programmer be, we might have the real deal Youtube app here, not that crappy Youtube XL which takes all the excitement away from your TV.

Originally posted by another user
As part of our team you’ll be working as a Software Engineer developing the next generation game console.

You will have an opportunity to try novel and unconventional ideas and launch frequent experiments to the YouTube user base.

You will have a chance to get immediate feedback on user interface, human interaction design, and interest. You will be working with a variety of languages during the development process.

Responsibilities:

•Build the next generation game-console-based TV experience with You Tube video content.

•Deliver a compelling lean back experience with monetization and e-commerce offerings (ie, pay-per-stream, ads).

•Integrate and optimize with distribution channels and devices including all major game platforms.

•Develop leading edge User Interfaces and delight users with innovative media rich solutions.

Requirements:

•BS in Computer Science preferred (Master’s a plus)

•At least 3 years of professional video game programming experience

•Experience with engine development on at least one major platform

•Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3 and/or Nintendo Wii

•Skills: C++, Java, Javascript, HTML, Python, ActionScript, Systems, UI Design and Implementation

•Credited on at least 1 published video game in a programmer role

I am really looking forward for this one, now i have a reason not to use my computer screen anymore, just sit on the couch and enjoy the damn youtubers discussing on err..Justin Bieber’s new haircut?

The following 7 users say thank you to NextGenTactics for this useful post:

ashleycole, italianboss, jeffers07, Mezzid, RedxDragonx69, Solid Snake, VesHo
02-22-2011, 04:22 PM #11
jakerad95
YT - WrapAroundGaming
this should be exciting...
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM #12
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
Originally posted by be View Post
This I don't get it, really...

Why oh why would any one would like to have skype on a gaming console.
Youtube -> YOU HAVE IT, go to the browser and go to youtube.com same for facebook and twitter.

What I want from a console is to switch is on and be able to play a game with as less delay as possible.

I'm a linux freak (and it's my job) but I don't get it why having linux on a ps3, as it lacks performance in every way.

If people want all this extra features, just go buy a small pc like the dell inspirion zino with hdmi out and optional BD, install linux on it and you can skype while you post the movie you are watching on facebook all at the same time.
(and yes, if you want you can control it with your ps3 stick or wii stick.

Again, a ps3, xbox or wii are game consoles with as main purpose to play games as fast as possible in an environment free from external apps that can cause problems.
If you want more, use a PC or MAC.

It's the same with all those kiddies wanting a smartphone. WTF you need a smartphone for? You don't work, so you don't need to update your agenda or read emails anywhere from customers. You can't drive yest so you don't need the gps...

Well, some people may want to save money by using Linux on there Playstation 3, if they know they can purchase a Playstation 3 and it can run another Operating System (like on a Desktop computer) they will most probably purchase it. Buying a Playstation 3 and another computer to some people is a complete waste of money.

Also, a reply to your other quote
Again, a ps3, xbox or wii are game consoles with as main purpose to play games as fast as possible in an environment free from external apps that can cause problems.

Sony and many other companies that create games consoles want to try and change how console gaming is today, buy adding extra features.
Also thought I would say this too, I read somewhere on these forums that Sony are planning to release an external processor in the future this would help the Playstation 3 play games as fast as possible, even in an environment with many external apps.

EDIT: Thought I would reply to another of your quotes
Youtube -> YOU HAVE IT, go to the browser and go to youtube.com same for facebook and twitter.

You have a point with this Skype part, but that ties in with what I said earlier, now with the Youtube part, just ask Apple why did they choose to add an app for Youtube on the iPod when you can simply go onto the browser and go to the Youtube website, it saves time for those who want to look at a video quickly, all the have to do is load up the app and search for the video, where as in a browser you would have to load this browser, go to the youtube website and then search for the video, I know it doesn't seem like much time has been saved, but people would prefer having an app so they are right at youtube. Also the app would be designed for what platform/console you are using, unlike the atcual youtube website, so this can also save time since it will atucally be designed for the Playstation 3.
Last edited by x420XP ; 02-22-2011 at 04:30 PM.
02-22-2011, 04:23 PM #13
Pillar2365
I use to give free rep :/
Hell yea! No more of that shitty Youtube XL! Thanks for sharing NGT!
02-22-2011, 08:36 PM #14
Originally posted by commandz View Post
Like my new sig lol....and finally youtube app on ps3 that doesnt suck wish ik how to do C++ tho ill prob just learn it off google :black:

Shit looks tough. You should of made here naked :P
02-22-2011, 10:19 PM #15
ANTI-ONYX
Can’t trickshot me!
This I don't get it, really...

What I want from a console is to switch is on and be able to play a game with as less delay as possible.

I'm a linux freak (and it's my job) but I don't get it why having linux on a ps3, as it lacks performance in every way.

If people want all this extra features, just go buy a small pc like the dell inspirion zino with hdmi out and optional BD, install linux on it and you can skype while you post the movie you are watching on facebook all at the same time.
(and yes, if you want you can control it with your ps3 stick or wii stick.

It's the same with all those kiddies wanting a smartphone. WTF you need a smartphone for? You don't work, so you don't need to update your agenda or read emails anywhere from customers. You can't drive yest so you don't need the gps...

i know where u r coming from penguin, i dont care for all those APPS myself...

i was just saying that sony should give us the option of an A-LA-CART APPS...why not create an APP STORE like the iPHONE or the DROID APP MARKET.... the PS3 STORE is a real joke if u ask me...

that was my whole point....

i'm in the US, i do have family in EUROPE, SKYPE on my BIG FLAT SCREEN while sitting on my COUCH......priceless....

it's all about personal prefrences.... but sony likes to be in the stone age....No
02-22-2011, 10:48 PM #16
Originally posted by ONYX View Post
i know where u r coming from penguin, i dont care for all those APPS myself...

i was just saying that sony should give us the option of an A-LA-CART APPS...why not create an APP STORE like the iPHONE or the DROID APP MARKET.... the PS3 STORE is a real joke if u ask me...

that was my whole point....

That indeed is a valid point
02-22-2011, 11:01 PM #17
RedxDragonx69
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by icanhostcl View Post
Dude r u the real nextgentactics??

02-22-2011, 11:11 PM #18
ANTI-ONYX
Can’t trickshot me!
That indeed is a valid point

YO penguin, I just had another thought..... the thing is that the PS3 is NOT JUST a gaming console....

when sony 1st Came out with the PS3 they gave us all these options, like video, music, pix, other OS, BLUray, and now they are just :

stag·nant/ˈstagnənt/Adjective
1. (of a body of water or the atmosphere of a confined space) Having no current or flow and often having an unpleasant smell as a consequence: "a stagnant ditch".
2. Showing no activity; dull and sluggish: "a stagnant economy".

THAT'S WHAT SONY IS : STAGNANT
Last edited by ANTI-ONYX ; 02-22-2011 at 11:26 PM.
02-22-2011, 11:27 PM #19
147aaron
Do a barrel roll!
That would be awesome if they came out with a app for youtube. Because like you said, that youtube XL sucks

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Originally posted by ONYX View Post
ps3 lacks so many apps,

you think by now SONY (lazy azzes sons of biatches) would have tons of APPS on the XMB for easy access like:

YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
ETC.... fill in the blank for wish list....lol

NETFLIX IS THE ONLY ONE...

no wonder people do their own homebrew on PS3....

IF SONY was PROACTIVE in these areas, and didn't get rid of the "OTHER OS" feature, most hacking wouldn't be going on now in the first place.....

SONY NEVER LEARNS THEIR LESSON.....

JUST LIKE THE FIASCO WITH the Netflix coming out first on XBOX, us PS3 users were stuck with a Netflix DVD for 6 months...WHAt a joke.....

BTW.....the sony web browser is one POS..........ANOTHER JOKE...

READ MORE HERE:

I totally agree with you, If they made apps that people want then there would be less people wanting to use homebrew. and yea that was ****ed up that they removed other os

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo