Post: [NEWS:]►Native Youtube Application Is Coming To Your PS3
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Google, who owns Youtube is currently in the hunt for Youtube console programmers that are responsible on “Game-console-based TV experience with You Tube video content” project.

Judging by how Google requires their console Youtube programmer be, we might have the real deal Youtube app here, not that crappy Youtube XL which takes all the excitement away from your TV.

Originally posted by another user
As part of our team you’ll be working as a Software Engineer developing the next generation game console.

You will have an opportunity to try novel and unconventional ideas and launch frequent experiments to the YouTube user base.

You will have a chance to get immediate feedback on user interface, human interaction design, and interest. You will be working with a variety of languages during the development process.

Responsibilities:

•Build the next generation game-console-based TV experience with You Tube video content.

•Deliver a compelling lean back experience with monetization and e-commerce offerings (ie, pay-per-stream, ads).

•Integrate and optimize with distribution channels and devices including all major game platforms.

•Develop leading edge User Interfaces and delight users with innovative media rich solutions.

Requirements:

•BS in Computer Science preferred (Master’s a plus)

•At least 3 years of professional video game programming experience

•Experience with engine development on at least one major platform

•Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3 and/or Nintendo Wii

•Skills: C++, Java, Javascript, HTML, Python, ActionScript, Systems, UI Design and Implementation

•Credited on at least 1 published video game in a programmer role

I am really looking forward for this one, now i have a reason not to use my computer screen anymore, just sit on the couch and enjoy the damn youtubers discussing on err..Justin Bieber’s new haircut?

The following 7 users say thank you to NextGenTactics for this useful post:

ashleycole, italianboss, jeffers07, Mezzid, RedxDragonx69, Solid Snake, VesHo
02-22-2011, 01:15 PM #2
Are an adult or a teenager? xD
02-22-2011, 01:23 PM #3
Steve Jobs
★お元気ですか★
Originally posted by OMGaMexican View Post
Are an adult or a teenager? xD

Like my new sig lol....and finally youtube app on ps3 that doesnt suck wish ik how to do C++ tho ill prob just learn it off google :black:
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM #4
What's wrong with the youtube you get when you open youtube with the ps3 browser?
It's the same interface as on the screenshot.

I don't see the point in having a youtube app
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM #5
Dude r u the real nextgentactics??
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM #6
ANTI-ONYX
Can’t trickshot me!
ps3 lacks so many apps,

you think by now SONY (lazy azzes sons of biatches) would have tons of APPS on the XMB for easy access like:

YOUTUBE
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
ETC.... fill in the blank for wish list....lol

NETFLIX IS THE ONLY ONE...

no wonder people do their own homebrew on PS3....

IF SONY was PROACTIVE in these areas, and didn't get rid of the "OTHER OS" feature, most hacking wouldn't be going on now in the first place.....

SONY NEVER LEARNS THEIR LESSON.....

JUST LIKE THE FIASCO WITH the Netflix coming out first on XBOX, us PS3 users were stuck with a Netflix DVD for 6 months...WHAt a joke.....

BTW.....the sony web browser is one POS..........ANOTHER JOKE...

READ MORE HERE:
Last edited by ANTI-ONYX ; 02-22-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: SONY WEB BROWSER is one POS....WHAT a joke....

The following 2 users say thank you to ANTI-ONYX for this useful post:

HUYI82, jeffers07
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM #7
This I don't get it, really...

Why oh why would any one would like to have skype on a gaming console.
Youtube -> YOU HAVE IT, go to the browser and go to youtube.com same for facebook and twitter.

What I want from a console is to switch is on and be able to play a game with as less delay as possible.

I'm a linux freak (and it's my job) but I don't get it why having linux on a ps3, as it lacks performance in every way.

If people want all this extra features, just go buy a small pc like the dell inspirion zino with hdmi out and optional BD, install linux on it and you can skype while you post the movie you are watching on facebook all at the same time.
(and yes, if you want you can control it with your ps3 stick or wii stick.

Again, a ps3, xbox or wii are game consoles with as main purpose to play games as fast as possible in an environment free from external apps that can cause problems.
If you want more, use a PC or MAC.

It's the same with all those kiddies wanting a smartphone. WTF you need a smartphone for? You don't work, so you don't need to update your agenda or read emails anywhere from customers. You can't drive yest so you don't need the gps...

The following user thanked penguin_be for this useful post:

d1215
02-22-2011, 03:48 PM #8
MidgetGangBang
I sell sex for vBux
This would be aweseom, Until sony removed it like they did linux.
02-22-2011, 04:14 PM #9
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
Originally posted by be View Post
What's wrong with the youtube you get when you open youtube with the ps3 browser?
It's the same interface as on the screenshot.

I don't see the point in having a youtube app

If you read the thread properly you would realise he mentioned YouTube XL, which was the screenshot -.- By youtube making an atcuall app for the PS3 you will be able to post comments and probably upload videos, unlike Youtube XL.

/facepalm
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM #10
And why would you do that from a game console and not from a PC (eventually connected via hdmi to a tv)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo