Post: Sony Face charges in court after geohot announcing the otheos removal
02-23-2011, 12:27 AM #1
REZNET \|/
The Land Of The Lost.....
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What's Happening in the Class Action Against Sony About Removing OtherOS? - Updated 2Xs

Monday, February 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM EST

I thought you'd be interested to know what's been happening in the litigation against Sony filed by customers upset that Sony took away the OtherOS capability on their PlayStation3's. Sony Computer Entertainment America, or SCEA, filed a motion to dismiss [PDF] the lawsuit. The court granted in part and denied in part. It has dismissed [PDF] all the claims against Sony except for one -- but with the right to amend -- and the one claim that survived is the one alleging that SCEA violated the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act. Right to amend means the plaintiffs can fix the deficiencies, if they can.
Some of you may conclude that there may be more justice in this world than you thought, when you reflect on the fact that now both Sony and George Hotz face claims of violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

The plaintiffs have 20 days to refile an amended complaint, but no matter what happens with those claims, the case will now proceed because the CFAA claim was *not* dismissed. And interestingly, this litigation is being heard in the US District Court for the Northern District of California in San Francisco. That's the same court hearing SCEA's litigation against Georg Hotz, but a different judge. And the plaintiffs have been following the SCEA v. Hotz case, and they noticed what they believe are contradictions between what Sony says in that case and what it says in this one.

source:You must login or register to view this content.
Geohot posted that site himself so its true.
And my opinion sony deserve to face this after removing otherOS from us.

The following 4 users say thank you to REZNET \|/ for this useful post:

ILovePie24!!, ninjaphantom, Slay No More, Xx-NukeClan-xX
02-23-2011, 12:34 AM #2
Winning
Former Staff
Could you at least put the copy/paste in a quote? Thats quite plagiarism, if i do say so myself.
02-23-2011, 12:36 AM #3
Okami
Known As Yukuku
i hope sony brings back other os
02-23-2011, 12:44 AM #4
Swade
The Brain Named Its Self
Cool.....take that SONY!!!!! =D
02-23-2011, 12:48 AM #5
If Sony brings back OtherOS I doubt many people will even know what to do with it. Good to know Sony is getting what they deserve though.

The following 2 users say thank you to Omniplasma for this useful post:

Slay No More, Yeezus Christ
02-23-2011, 12:49 AM #6
UnReal_NiTRoUS
MuRDeRiN LiKe No OtHeR
wow.... Ahahhaha
02-23-2011, 01:16 AM #7
TryCatchMe
Like A Boss
Originally posted by AceVirus View Post
If Sony brings back OtherOS I doubt many people will even know what to do with it. Good to know Sony is getting what they deserve though.

100% agree with you About otherOS & Sony deserving this =D
02-23-2011, 01:38 AM #8
iloveyou2
Little One
as long as geonubz gets owned, i have no problem with sony getting owned XD
02-23-2011, 02:18 AM #9
s3recap
Bounty hunter
haha sony got owned
02-23-2011, 02:36 AM #10
SupaTrollioBros
I can has potato!
Originally posted by Unsuccessful View Post
Could you at least put the copy/paste in a quote? Thats quite plagiarism, if i do say so myself.

To steal from one source is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo