03-31-2011, 12:04 AM #1
Alexloks10
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok so after doing some research, I realized that an external hard drive has to be in the FAT32 format in order for the PS3 to read it, well I did that and still no luck. My hard drive doesn't show up on my PS3 nor Multiman. Is there any other step I need to do? Plz help guys! Thanks.
03-31-2011, 12:30 AM #2
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
Originally posted by Alexloks10 View Post
Ok so after doing some research, I realized that an external hard drive has to be in the FAT32 format in order for the PS3 to read it, well I did that and still no luck. My hard drive doesn't show up on my PS3 nor Multiman. Is there any other step I need to do? Plz help guys! Thanks.

Well as most HDD's are NTFS ccertified, I don't think that's the trouble. Hmm Try reformating to FAT32 again. If that doesnt work and the HDD works fine on others I would say The NTFS, is the issue Smile
03-31-2011, 12:42 AM #3
HecmanHD
< ^ > < ^ >
Ok so after doing some research, I realized that an external hard drive has to be in the FAT32 format in order for the PS3 to read it, well I did that and still no luck. My hard drive doesn't show up on my PS3 nor Multiman. Is there any other step I need to do? Plz help guys! Thanks.

Try refformating again or run a ckdsk in command prompt
03-31-2011, 12:47 AM #4
Midnight.eGo
from El Paso, Texas (915)
Hmm just get a big internal HDD ?
03-31-2011, 06:31 AM #5
MateoGodlike
Who’s Jim Erased?

Its a GUI, So theirs not need for CMD Prompt Commands. I recommend once you format it to FAT32 do not plug it ever back into your computer.. Because using windows 7 if you plug it in it will automatically format it.. If you wish to access files on it Use FTP Dev_USB006/ Dev_USB002 / Dev_USB007

I used it and formatted my 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive to FAT32 without a problem.. I hooked it up to my multi USB Connector and Boom it worked.

UPDATE:

LINK was BROKEN. FIXED
You must login or register to view this content.
03-31-2011, 06:44 AM #6
Alexloks10
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by MateoGodlike View Post
Its a GUI, So theirs not need for CMD Prompt Commands. I recommend once you format it to FAT32 do not plug it ever back into your computer.. Because using windows 7 if you plug it in it will automatically format it.. If you wish to access files on it Use FTP Dev_USB006/ Dev_USB002 / Dev_USB007

I used it and formatted my 500GB Seagate External Hard Drive to FAT32 without a problem.. I hooked it up to my multi USB Connector and Boom it worked.

UPDATE:

LINK was BROKEN. FIXED
You must login or register to view this content.

Thank you for your help, but after numerous attempts, I couldn't get it to work. I came to a conclusion, it's the WD software crap that's not letting me :/

Thanks a lot for your help though.
03-31-2011, 11:33 PM #7
Koyasan
Little One
Thank you for your help, but after numerous attempts, I couldn't get it to work. I came to a conclusion, it's the WD software crap that's not letting me :/

Thanks a lot for your help though.

If it's the new crap USB 3.0/2.0 it probably won't work - I saw somewhere that ps3 can't read the 3.0 speed. That's what stopped me getting a WD MyBook HDD. If it's 3.0 speed then try with a 2.0 hdd and if that doesn't work then hmmph.. :P
04-01-2011, 12:48 AM #8
Alexloks10
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Koyasan View Post
If it's the new crap USB 3.0/2.0 it probably won't work - I saw somewhere that ps3 can't read the 3.0 speed. That's what stopped me getting a WD MyBook HDD. If it's 3.0 speed then try with a 2.0 hdd and if that doesn't work then hmmph.. :P

Yea it was a new one, one of the 3.0 and 2.0 USBs I returned it and got me a seagate free agent. Hopefully I have better luck with this one.
04-01-2011, 06:48 PM #9
Koyasan
Little One
Yea it was a new one, one of the 3.0 and 2.0 USBs I returned it and got me a seagate free agent. Hopefully I have better luck with this one.

I'm pretty sure any 2.0 will work as long as it doesn't have 3.0 and is formatted in fat32 regardless of what it used to be formatted as. Hope it works Smile

The following user thanked Koyasan for this useful post:

Alexloks10
04-01-2011, 06:54 PM #10
Alexloks10
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Koyasan View Post
I'm pretty sure any 2.0 will work as long as it doesn't have 3.0 and is formatted in fat32 regardless of what it used to be formatted as. Hope it works Smile

You were right! it was the usb 3.0 crap. damn WD lol

Anywho thanks man +rep

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo