06-09-2009, 03:38 AM #1
Default Avatar
gezer2u
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For some of you that have your router and modem to far to run a cable to your lag switch, I have an answer. You can put this between the router and modem and control it from in front of your TV. I have mine at my console. This takes the place of a toggle or push-button switch. Splice everything as normal. I have done this and it works great. I use a You must login or register to view this content. to power it. I used a power jack and plug so I can separate the two. The most important thing is make SURE that the solder is cut completely through! I used a magnifying glass and a multi-meter to make sure. If you have questions, I'll try and help.

I have a Wii and I took the remote apart and added a couple of buttons and installed it in the nunchuk.

For the You must login or register to view this content., I found it on Ebay and it was the lowest price I could find.

link for instructions:You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

06-09-2009, 10:27 AM #2
elim
Space Ninja
ahaha genious.
06-09-2009, 05:20 PM #3
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
Well, I was thinking you could do something like this but you my opinion you put way to much thought into it. It could be this simple find a remote control light switch do the same set-up but you could turn lag on and off via remote
06-11-2009, 12:04 AM #4
Default Avatar
gezer2u
elim- Thanks!

Foolness- Thanks for the opinion! It would be more compact, for sure. I had thought of using a RC light switch at first. Like You must login or register to view this content. one. (I have one already) After Xmas you can get them at Walmart or Target CHEAP. I was uncertain if I could isolate the AC power from the plug portion. Where the patch cord wires would attach. The one I have would have to be cut open, not a big deal if you used a Dremel. For me personally, I would rather deal with 12 Volts DC. Less chance of hurting myself. lol

Gaming on a console with a cable to the remote sucks. I did that at first. Speaking of cable, I used small speaker wire instead of a Cat cable. I already had the wire so it was cheaper for me. The speaker wire is less prone to breaking. Worked great.

If you need cable supplies, You must login or register to view this content. is cheap. The service and products are really good.
06-11-2009, 04:21 AM #5
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
Ight thanks I might give this a try after I get ma ps3 back 3-4 weeks
06-12-2009, 11:25 PM #6
this seems like a really good idea. Would there be any way to do this so that the remote would control net tools?
06-13-2009, 04:28 AM #7
Foolnesss
< ^ > < ^ >
[quote='[iRx]Thyrsta;315607']this seems like a really good idea. Would there be any way to do this so that the remote would control net tools?[/quote]
No unless you are like a genius with computers

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo