06-14-2009, 06:35 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently installed NetTools 5 so I could lag online. (cod4)

I couldn't figure out how to lag, so I began playing around with NetTools and found some pretty interesting software and concepts started emerging in my head.

"Steganography is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one, apart from the sender and intended recipient, suspects the existence of the message, a form of security through obscurity." - Wikipedia

Net Tools has a Steganography program in it that allows you to hide one file inside another.

It's possible that you could hide small files inside larger png/bmp/tif files.

So theoretically, you could send files to other people in your friends list if it's been encrypted inside a working bitmap.

I've been working on this, and all I can manage to do is hide text inside my selected images. I can only hide small files inside large images- images so large, they will not send over PSN.

When I've figured this out I will post a simple Tutorial here Via youtube Smile

----------------------
If anyone would like to help out that'd be great.
my psn is AceMan42
Last edited by AceMan42 ; 06-14-2009 at 06:57 AM.
06-14-2009, 09:28 AM #2
Yozod
Bounty hunter
can you send map packs using that way?
06-14-2009, 09:48 AM #3
fraz422
PS3 Guru
I already posted a tut of that :P You must login or register to view this content. there it is.
06-14-2009, 06:09 PM #4
itwasme95
< ^ > < ^ >
nice but posted b4.
06-15-2009, 05:10 AM #5
haha okay... i hadn't realized others had found ways yet.
but i'm gonna keep working on it to see what else i can come up with.
Smile
06-15-2009, 03:13 PM #6
bmxdude9
Million Miles Of Fun!
Originally posted by AceMan42 View Post
haha okay... i hadn't realized others had found ways yet.
but i'm gonna keep working on it to see what else i can come up with.
Smile

Lol if the ps3 accepted more formats you can easily send a small simple virus through an image over PSN that would be scary but easy to do only if it could run that stuff. :rolleyes:
06-15-2009, 07:05 PM #7
fraz422
PS3 Guru
Originally posted by HF78 View Post
Lol if the ps3 accepted more formats you can easily send a small simple virus through an image over PSN that would be scary but easy to do only if it could run that stuff. :rolleyes:

Well no you couldn't the ps3 OS cant run unknown files.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo