11-01-2011, 08:05 PM #1
Pauliinho14
Error… Cat invasion!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Many people are having issues regarding the newly released reActPSN v2.0. I managed to find a tutorial which users called gambaa & grimms released. (Many thanks gambaa & grimms for this tutorial) Please read the below carefully and for those with the red screen issue many are saying that a CFW re-install via recovery mode fixes the problem. Take note at the folder layout & USB port instructions below and make sure you back up your files before trying this. DLC works too if you have the act.dat file for them. Your act.dat is stored in /dev_hdd0/home/user=00000001/exdata. ("user=" can be 00000002, 00000003 onward depending on how many users you have) Back up your exdata folder first. You need to use the correct vsh.elf file for your firmware. Users using Rebug will have 3 vsh files other CFW will have 1 vsh file. Kmeaw will work if you patch it first. Those who have never logged into PSN before will encounter error 80010601 when trying to launch a game and since we don't support piracy the workaround wont be mentioned here. reActPSNv2.0 will only work for your games.

Tutorial by gambaa
Originally posted by another user

How to re-activate all PSN games (incl.PSOne classic/DLC/MINI) + NOOB-PROOF TUTORIAL:

Now, I have read multiple reports on how it bricked some PS3s on other forums and such. By reading the readme, it looks super complicated but I've managed to get it working and made for you all a noob-proof guide, easy to follow so you reactivate all your PSN games in 5 good minutes. Are you ready? Alright let's get it on.

There have been reports of red screens of this but they are errors with vsh.elf and reinstalling CFW through the recovery menu fixes. I recommend using REBUG 3.55.2 as there are no issues with this CFW.

ATTENTION
YOUR USB DRIVE MUST BE FROM THE RIGHT SLOT (NOT LEFT)

AND ANY USB MUST BE UNPLUGGED. Only USB DRIVE FROM THE RIGHT.

First of all, download those 2 files.
Download: reActPSN v2.0 - You must login or register to view this content.
Download: vsh.self Patched - You must login or register to view this content.

- Extract vsh.elf and use the one designated for your CFW or patch your own vsh.elf for your CFW. Once Again I recommend using REBUG for this so use the 3 files in 3.55.2.

NOTE: If you have any other CFW other than the one provided, or your OWN CFW than you've got to patch your CFW.

- Now, for the REBUG users, you've got to put your console into NORMAL mode first. Now, go download the latest REBUG SELECTOR if you haven't already. Open your console, go to REBUG SELECTOR, change your console to MODE: NORMAL - XMB: DEBUG. After, restart your console.

- Now connect your usb drive on the far right slot either usb_000 or usb_001.

- Next open exdata.rar -> exdata,
Extract that one exdata folder into whatever USB Stick or HDD you use on your console. (so it looks like exdata/files and NOT exdata/psn146/exdata)

- Now extract ReActPSN2.0.pkg and install onto your ps3.

- Use MULTIMAN to write vsh.elf to dev_blind via file manager. You will need to enable write acces to /dev_flash at the bottom in settings.

- Once enabled go to /dev_blind/vsh/module and copy over the 3 vsh.elf files

- After done copy return to settings and disable write access to dev_flash. (overwrite)

- Restart the console.

- Run ReActPSN and hold R1 during the restart process should only take about 5 seconds. (Holding R1 will make a ReActPSN folder on the base of your usb drive with 2 folders in it "BK0001" and "pubPSN")

- The BK0001 folder contains a backup of all the users on the system. The pubPSN folder contains all of the .rif and act.dat on the system converted into .rap/.edat format. The pubPSN folder is the one we are wanting.

- Copy the exdata folder in pubPSN to the base of your USB drive. So it should looks like this in a File browser/manager "usb drive"/exdata/".rap files"

- Make a new user, name it ''aa'' (without quotations)

- Run ReActPSN again *do not push anything this time (it will rename user "aa" to reActPSN v2.0 xrif xedat )

- When it's done (won't take long) it'll restart your console.

- You'll notice aa has been renamed to something longer.

- That's it. You are DONE

- If you want to add more content to the account at a later time just add the .rap files to the exdata folder you copied earlier rename the user back to "aa" and run reActPSN again. Then just install the content you are wanting to add.

NOTE: You need your act.dat tied to the .rif to create valid .rap.
Tested with FF7, Crash Bandicoot Racing, Final Fantasy Tactics

CREDIT: Anonymous (who I appreciate a lot) who helped me get it working, Hotz8611 (for the everything, from tools to exploit - all credits goes to him really.), thxalot (for giving more detailed explanation for the post) big shout to TeamPS360 and much love from PS3Crunch/ISO

Tutorial by grimms
Originally posted by another user

How to Update from Kmeaw CFW to Rebug 3.55.2 and How to ReActPSN v2.0 complete tutorial including flashing vsh.self files within MultiMan (Noob Proof)

1. Put USB Thumb Stick or USB HDD, that you use for your PS3 Into PC or MAC.

2. Download Rebug 3.55.2 CFW (You will get a REBUG_3.55.2_PS3UPDAT.PUP file). Google is your best friend.

3. Extract REBUG_3.55.2.rar and rename REBUG_3.55.2_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP.

4. Create a folder on the root of your USB Thumb drive or USB HDD called PS3, now in the PS3 folder, create a folder called UPDATE (All caps for both folders).

5. Drag PS3UPDAT.PUP to the PS3/UPDATE folder on the USB Thumb stick or USB HDD. Put USB stick in or connect USB HDD to PS3 USB port.

6. Turn on PS3 and go to settings tab system update, select update via storage device, Rebug 3.55 will appear, just accept the agreement, then click on the shut down after installation box.

7. Turn back on your PS3 and you will see Rebug 3.55.2 CFW being installed.

8. Once it is finished, restart the PS3 again. Welcome to Rebug 3.55.2.

9. Now put your USB Thumb or USB HDD back into your PC or MAC.

10. Create a folder on your desktop called reActPSN v2.0.

11. Download both reActPSN v2.0 and vsh.self Patched for reactPSN2.0.

12. Extract vsh.self patched folder first. Go into rebug 3.55.1 folder, you will see three vsh.self files (vsh.self, vsh.self.cesxp, vsh.self.swp).

13. Drag the three vsh.self files to the root of your USB Thumb Stick or USB HDD, same one used to update to Rebug 3.55.2, if you haven't already done so. All three vsh.self files should now be on the root USB Thumb Stick or USB HDD.

14. Now extract reactPSN v2.0.rar and drag reactPSN v2.0 pkg to the root of your USB Thumb stick or USB HDD as well.

15. On the root of your USB Thumb Stick create a folder called extdata. Whenever you get new rap and edat files drag them into this very folder (Every Time) usb:extdata/rap files. Always leave previous
rap and edat files in extdata for when you reuse reActPSN v2.0 for newer games downloaded.

16. Now download newest MultiMan, make sure you're in the MultiMan XMB view, the one that looks like XMB. Scroll to the left until you see settings, scroll all the way down, to where it says write access to /dev_flash (Disabled), Enable that setting.

17. Now scroll to the game tab within MultiMan XMB view and hit triangle. You should see filemanager option on the bottom. Go into filemanager.

18. Now you will see a right column and left column. On the right column scroll to /dev_blind/vsh/module. On the left column scroll hit (....) scroll back to usbdev000 (Make sure USB Thumb stick or USB HDD is inserted on the right usb port slot, that port is called usbdev0000).

19. Now scroll down, you will see those three vsh files from earlier (That I asked you to drag over). Hit triangle or Circle and a menu will come up select copy to and do this for all three vsh files.

20. When you are done copying the three vsh.self files over (vsh.self, vsh.self.cesxp, vsh.self.swp), go back to settings and disable write access to /dev_flash (Do not reboot until you do this).

21. Reboot PS3 (Rebug is now patched for reActPSN 2.0 for good).

22. Now install the reActPSN v2.0 pkg like any other pkg.

23. Run ReActPSN and hold R1 (Some people say Hold Circle instead) during the restart process should only take about 20 seconds. (Holding R1 will make a ReActPSN folder on the base of your usb drive with 2 folders in it "BK0001" and "pubPSN"). Any content you purchased prior to this hack will be backed up in pubPSN folder in the form of rap and edat files (These are the very files needed for us all to activate any shared psn, dlc or psone classic games, THAT YOU OWN).

24. Copy the exdata folder in pubPSN to the root of your USB drive. It will look like this in a File browser/manager "usb drive"/exdata/".rap files". Just put them on your PC or MAC, then upload them here if you got games or dlc content not already uploaded.

25. Create a new user account on the PS3 called aa

26. Run reActPSN again *do not push anything this time (it will rename user "aa" to reActPSN v2.0 xrif xedat).

27. When it's finished your PS3 console will automatically restart again.

28. You'll notice aa has been renamed to something longer. Thats it done.

30. Everytime you want to install new PSN , PSone games or DLC content, just go into reActPSN v2.0 account and rename it to aa (You can do multiple games, dlc, etc at one time, if you have rap and edat files)

31. Download, extract rap and edat files to extdata folder on the root of your USB Thumb stick or USB HDD.

32. Run reActPSN v2.0 again, then install psn game, dlc, or psone classic pkg(s) (After reboot).

33. Viola all games installed activated.

34. Make sure to keep all previously activated rap and edat files in the extdata folder on Root of USB Thumb stick or HDD for everytime you use reActPSN v2.0 and also for archival purposes.

Credit goes to myself and Gambaa for this tut.

Edit: Kmeaw users? Follow the same exact instructions posted above. But, make sure to go into the 3.55k folder in vsh.self Patched for reActPSN2.0.rar file, instead and put the vsh.self on USB Thumb or USB HDD root and only overwrite one vsh.self file, instead of three in MultiMan (Just follow the instructions posted above). I still would highly recommend upgrading to Rebug 3.55.2. Kmeaw 3.55 CFW is still a little iffy at this point. Enjoy!
Last edited by Pauliinho14 ; 11-01-2011 at 08:10 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Pauliinho14 for this useful post:

DaveedDB, forcer911, swerve420,
11-16-2011, 05:41 AM #20
Originally posted by ZOMBIEKILLAH View Post
You might need net frame work 4.0 installed .Many tools require this for PS3 apps to run right. Get magic package 1.0 or 1.1 or psp/ps3 pkg decrypter/extractor ->the one math created .. Look on ps3hax.net or dashhacks or google it ..
Magic pkg may need a dll file if you get a error of a dll file. I that is the case-> find the DLL file & copy to the folder & i use these on windows XP pro sp2 or vista ultimate -> has net framework already ..Also try running from the C drive not in documents ,etc

Thanks man, I got it extracted. Used Math's tool. I tried your trick and it did not work (for Annihilation) . I tried all different files, copy back and forth, nothing worked. At one point, none of the maps showed up except the original 3, so I guess now I have to delete all the game data and install again. Hope you have better luck then I did

Thanks

KM
Last edited by kingmike67 ; 11-16-2011 at 05:45 AM.
11-16-2011, 06:31 AM #21
ZMK-iNFiNiTY
Vault dweller
Only file to get that map to work just zombies would have been just the common_zombie_patch.ff & extract from v1.10 patch if there was a v1.10 ..? There might be another patch in English maybe 1 more, i know this 4 sure 1, but it shouldn't have mattered. But i did not look at the patch yet ..I am wondering since i have all activated .If we were to delete data ,are we able to install & the maps & they still work again right without needing to run reactpsn ? + Have you used reactpsn without the black ops rap files on the usb & renamed aa account to try & activate more DLC .

I was looking for info about this cause i did not want to take a chance to lose activation since i did quite a few things to get them to work. I am not exactly sure what finally did it. So i am playing it safe now Smile Since i have W@W classic + First strike +Escalation + COD 5 All 4 Maps activated .I wanna keep it that way ,lol. but, I wanna try to get the Black ops DLC BLES01031 version working to have different mod setup on 1 ps3. I wonder if i rename the account to aa ,if that could put my maps in jeopardy ? Have you tried to run reactpsn again without black ops rap files on USb stick or u keep them on there every time ?

I have 3 PS3s & all maps + my 2 CFW 355 PS3s both with many games modded & COD 5 maps & black ops maps modded .I just like my 3rd ps3 since it has tons of PSN DLC activation free Smile I keep my other PS3 off cause its activated normally from march . I do have my act.dat for that 1 + full backup so i am not worried ,but its nice to have 2 versions of black ops on multiman & different setups ,lol I like this for quite a few games .It beats changing Discs all the time or PS3s..
11-16-2011, 06:41 AM #22
Originally posted by ZOMBIEKILLAH View Post
Only file to get that map to work just zombies would have been just the common_zombie_patch.ff & extract from v1.10 patch if there was a v1.10 ..? There might be another patch in English maybe 1 more, i know this 4 sure 1, but it shouldn't have mattered. But i did not look at the patch yet ..I am wondering since i have all activated .If we were to delete data ,are we able to install & the maps & they still work again right without needing to run reactpsn ? + Have you used reactpsn without the black ops rap files on the usb & renamed aa account to try & activate more DLC .

I was looking for info about this cause i did not want to take a chance to lose activation since i did quite a few things to get them to work. I am not exactly sure what finally did it. So i am playing it safe now Smile Since i have W@W classic + First strike +Escalation + COD 5 All 4 Maps activated .I wanna keep it that way ,lol. but, I wanna try to get the Black ops DLC BLES01031 version working to have different mod setup on 1 ps3. I wonder if i rename the account to aa ,if that could put my maps in jeopardy ? Have you tried to run reactpsn again without black ops rap files on USb stick or u keep them on there every time ?

I have 3 PS3s & all maps + my 2 CFW 355 PS3s both with many games modded & COD 5 maps & black ops maps modded .I just like my 3rd ps3 since it has tons of PSN DLC activation free Smile I keep my other PS3 off cause its activated normally from march . I do have my act.dat for that 1 + full backup so i am not worried ,but its nice to have 2 versions of black ops on multiman & different setups ,lol I like this for quite a few games .It beats changing Discs all the time or PS3s..

Well you said you wanted to play it safe, and based on my experience, you should. I deleted the Black Ops data (almost 6GB of it, so that was all the maps) and tried to install them again, and get reAct PSN to activate them, and its not working. I have over 1000 RAP files in there, so maybe thats the problem. I'm gonna pull them all out now, except the Black Ops ones and see what happens.

Thanks

KM
11-16-2011, 07:14 AM #23
ZMK-iNFiNiTY
Vault dweller
yeah that was big mistake to delete the data bud :( I thought of that right away .+ i am backing up my ps3 to my 2TB hard drive 2morrow .So i will have them activated & never lose them. I dont understand how they would not work .There is nothing in the folders to delete for activation ,i looked & they look the same ,as my other PS3 .

Sorry to hear that .All you need is the rap files for black ops to activate. I believe to many wil mess with the others. That is what i did .I used black ops = 3 RAPS for each game = Total 9 -> BLUS30591 + BLUS30192 COD 5 Raps + Black ops BLES01031 .. Then i installed the patches + maps. I read that people seem to have issues when they try to activate the maps when they are already installed ,but i could be wrong ,but this may be there mistake & i did in fact have nothing installed ,when i ran the reactpsn /raps for the games i wanted to activate. I don't thing you would need all those just the ones for the maps .So you did install maps & it said that you needed to activate them ? I also backed up the dlc.dat for each map just in case . I am sure u will get them again ,i would do a full PS3 backup so you will always have your backup if anything goes wrong. It is worth it it saved my A$$ b 4 when my ps3 got stuck in a hard drive corrupt file system recovery loop . It sux backing up 2TB of 3 PS3s x2 backups for each .In the end it is a big life saver + sux to waste money for hard drives .Pm me if you get them & please can you let me know how you did it again.i like to gather info so i can help myself +others ..thanks ..going 2 sleep ..
11-16-2011, 09:28 AM #24
OK, finally got everything working again. I found two mistakes, not sure which one was causing the problem for sure, but its fixed now. (either the spoofer, or not deleting the reACTPSN folder when reinstalling reACTPSN)

When I was messing around with the BO files, I installed a version spoofer, and tried to copy the param.sfo over from the 1.11 update. After all was said and done, my BO DLC data was corrupt, even though I copied my original files back. When I went to Game Data Utility it kept saying it was version 1.11. So thats when I deleted it. I tried to install reACT PSN again, and did all the instructions the same as before, and it would not work, it would not activate anything. First I uninstalled reACTPSN and installed it again and ran through the steps. It didn't work. I deleted my exdata on the USB, and reinstalled. Still didn't work. So I thought maybe somehow my vsh.self got corrupt somehow, so I copied it over again (btw I'm running KMEAW). I rebooted and got the red screen. So I knew then that I forgot to uninstall the spoofer. So I reinstalled KMEAW, deleted aa account (reActPSN v2.0 1108rif 41edat), opened up my USB drive and deleted the exdata folder, along with the reACTPSN folder. Copied over the vsh.self, installed and ran reACTPSN (Holding down R1 while running it). Waited for it to reboot. Created aa account. Ran reACTPSN again (holding nothing down, just launch it) and waited for it to reboot. I just tested it with Angry Birds, and it worked perfect, so now I'm in the process of installing the BO DLC.

ZOMBIEKILLAH I hope you can get some use out of what I just went through in your trials. I really want to mess around with the BO files again, and the files from the update 1.11, but it was such a pain in the ass to get back to where I was.

Thanks for all your help bro, it's really appreciated

KM
11-16-2011, 07:30 PM #25
ZMK-iNFiNiTY
Vault dweller
Well good to see you have them back .I think the best way to maybey not chance losing activation .is to use another new aa account & do it from there so it wont hurt the other account .+A better way may be to have BLUS30591 version activated & on new account. Get a black ops EU version +maps & game ISO-> BLES01031 & Rename the rap files like they are supposed to be for EU ..Then run reactpsn from the new aa account . I would just relax 4 now & enjoy the maps .It seems getting them to work is a real pain in the A$$ ,when something goes wrong .. Thanks for posting what you did this will help in case something goes wrong ..I am not going to try until i do a full backup of my ps3 .then i can try cause if i cant get them to work 4 some reason .I will just use my backup & restore everything back from my FULL DATA BACKUP & everything will be back activated.Since the new activation files dont get deleted Smile much safer ..Just so you know you cant have spoofed when doing this i read ..
12-19-2011, 12:12 AM #26
Klots
COD Recovery
Originally posted by Pauliinho14 View Post
Many people are having issues regarding the newly released reActPSN v2.0. I managed to find a tutorial which users called gambaa & grimms released. (Many thanks gambaa & grimms for this tutorial) Please read the below carefully and for those with the red screen issue many are saying that a CFW re-install via recovery mode fixes the problem. Take note at the folder layout & USB port instructions below and make sure you back up your files before trying this. DLC works too if you have the act.dat file for them. Your act.dat is stored in /dev_hdd0/home/user=00000001/exdata. ("user=" can be 00000002, 00000003 onward depending on how many users you have) Back up your exdata folder first. You need to use the correct vsh.elf file for your firmware. Users using Rebug will have 3 vsh files other CFW will have 1 vsh file. Kmeaw will work if you patch it first. Those who have never logged into PSN before will encounter error 80010601 when trying to launch a game and since we don't support piracy the workaround wont be mentioned here. reActPSNv2.0 will only work for your games.

Tutorial by gambaa

Tutorial by grimms

hey do i delete the .dexsp and replace it with .cexsp ? right?
12-19-2011, 12:48 AM #27
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
Yes. That's exactly what you do :y:
12-19-2011, 04:32 PM #28
hey zombiekillah i have bles 1031 and i will change this in blus 30591 they said it only works on blus 30591 .My question is,how can i change bles 1031 to blus 30591 without downloading a neww black ops plz help me and when i installed the maps there is nothing... but in react psn 2.0 there is : 12/12 licence activated plz heelp mee sorry for my bad english i speak french

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo