Post: 3.55 CFW to 4.21 REBUG CFW (lets you go online with cfw)
11-25-2012, 09:30 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This guide is for CEX users this is not a DEX MFW! If you want to use this firmware and your on DEX I suggest you find a DEX-CEX tutorial.

Step 1.

Make sure your on CFW 3.55, and eject any game disk in your drive as the ps3 looks to blu ray for update before usb and we wouldn't want that.

Step 2.

Even if your console has never been downgraded I suggest you do this step anyway.

Install REBUG toggle QA pkg, run the pkg, now you should hear some beeps. Next go to network settings and do the button combo to ensure that the system was properly dehashed.

L1 R1 L2 R2 L3 and DOWN on the d pad (all at the same time) debug settings should appear. If it did not try all the steps again.

REBUG Toggle QA Download - You must login or register to view this content.

Step 3.

If your on 3.55 and you wish to stay at 3.55 then use the 3.55.3 REX pup. can be found at

You must login or register to view this content.

If your on 3.55 and you want to go to 4.21 then use the 4.21 REX pup. can be found at

Now once you have downloaded the firmware that you wish you will need to rename it like this.

for 3.55

REBUG_3.55.3_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP

for 4.21

REBUG_4.21.1_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP

Now you will need a usb stick formated to fat 32, then you will need to create a folder on the root of the usb stick called "PS3" then inside that folder you will create another folder named "UPDATE". So it will look like this.

X:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

PS3UPDAT.PUP being the firmware that you are choosing to install.

Step 4.

Plug the usb stick into the far right port on the ps3 (closest to the blu ray drive) and navigate to the system update, and select via storage media. (NOT RECOVERY MENU)

Let the firmware install. DO NOT TURN OFF OR TOUCH THE PS3.

Step 5.

Congrats now your on REBUG. Continue on to setup the firmware.

Step 6.

Go to the game catagory and then to "package manager". Next to "install package files". Last to "PS3 hard disk". Then you will see "REBUG TOOLBOX", install it.

Step 7.

REBUG TOOLBOX should now be in your xmb run the package.

Step 8.

This is not needed unless you want the settings I use. Either way here they are.

"Selector"

System Mode = REBUG

XMB Operation = DEBUG

Now your spoofed and should be able to access PSN/SEN with your account information.

WARNING: CHANGE OTHER SETTINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Step 9.

Go down to the bottom of this post and use the "thanks" button, I spend my time writing this stuff for everyone to be able to use it in a easy way.

Step 10.

Multiman For REBUG REX - You must login or register to view this content.

Enjoy - Lenny

The following 4 users say thank you to iLennyBhoyx for this useful post:

★┣XBSRocksX┤★, FamedGod, Machiavelli_23, Smexeh

The following 9 users groaned at iLennyBhoyx for this awful post:

^TPP^, cekchd, DocterBang, Harvinder, jack4au, RETRO-STATE, Swifter, xHeAVeN, xkoeckiiej
11-28-2012, 03:05 AM #11
killabanana
Do a barrel roll!
Does not work if you have a banned ps3
11-28-2012, 04:54 PM #12
Originally posted by iLennyBhoyx View Post
yeah it lets you online and practically just online with cfw except this cfw gives you fake PS+ and all that & add me mate PSN : Lenny_Bhoy1 I host to Winky Winky

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

no bother mate and i didn't know it was already posted because i couldn't find it on ngu so i just made a new tutorial to make life easeir for others lol and tahts sick 95 plat thats amazing mate nice Winky Winky you have my mate WEE_FITZYBOY on your list on PSN Winky Winky

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

i didn't know it was already posted cause i couldn't even find it on ngu so had to go find it myself so thought i would make tutorial for NGU to make others life easeir then i get hit with abuse from a idiot with the worst emblem/avatar on NGU ever who has 30 reputation no plats on psn and has a name like xRicey for psn lol & i doubt im rep whoring at all you idiot

Your a faggot, and a scammer? when I added you, you texted me on ps3 saying "what do you have to gameshare to me? and do you think care that I have a shit avatar? They are all shit, because there is a shit collection to choose from, and I don't care about my rep, I bet that all of the threads you have made, are all copied of other websites, and you don't even give the actual person that made them credit? so stfu.
11-28-2012, 07:04 PM #13
Originally posted by ohRiceh View Post
Your a faggot, and a scammer? when I added you, you texted me on ps3 saying "what do you have to gameshare to me? and do you think care that I have a shit avatar? They are all shit, because there is a shit collection to choose from, and I don't care about my rep, I bet that all of the threads you have made, are all copied of other websites, and you don't even give the actual person that made them credit? so stfu.

because i thought you were from youtube or another thread abou tme trophy hacking and needed games to gameshare so ic ould do them for both of us then you could delete the game from my system and you make your own avatar you idiot?
12-04-2012, 08:05 PM #14
This guide is for CEX users this is not a DEX MFW! If you want to use this firmware and your on DEX I suggest you find a DEX-CEX tutorial.

Step 1.

Make sure your on CFW 3.55, and eject any game disk in your drive as the ps3 looks to blu ray for update before usb and we wouldn't want that.

Step 2.

Even if your console has never been downgraded I suggest you do this step anyway.

Install REBUG toggle QA pkg, run the pkg, now you should hear some beeps. Next go to network settings and do the button combo to ensure that the system was properly dehashed.

L1 R1 L2 R2 L3 and DOWN on the d pad (all at the same time) debug settings should appear. If it did not try all the steps again.

REBUG Toggle QA Download - You must login or register to view this content.

Step 3.

If your on 3.55 and you wish to stay at 3.55 then use the 3.55.3 REX pup. can be found at

If your on 3.55 and you want to go to 4.21 then use the 4.21 REX pup. can be found at

Now once you have downloaded the firmware that you wish you will need to rename it like this.

for 3.55

REBUG_3.55.3_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP

for 4.21

REBUG_4.21.1_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP

Now you will need a usb stick formated to fat 32, then you will need to create a folder on the root of the usb stick called "PS3" then inside that folder you will create another folder named "UPDATE". So it will look like this.

X:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

PS3UPDAT.PUP being the firmware that you are choosing to install.

Step 4.

Plug the usb stick into the far right port on the ps3 (closest to the blu ray drive) and navigate to the system update, and select via storage media. (NOT RECOVERY MENU)

Let the firmware install. DO NOT TURN OFF OR TOUCH THE PS3.

Step 5.

Congrats now your on REBUG. Continue on to setup the firmware.

Step 6.

Go to the game catagory and then to "package manager". Next to "install package files". Last to "PS3 hard disk". Then you will see "REBUG TOOLBOX", install it.

Step 7.

REBUG TOOLBOX should now be in your xmb run the package.

Step 8.

This is not needed unless you want the settings I use. Either way here they are.

"Selector"

System Mode = REBUG

XMB Operation = DEBUG

Now your spoofed and should be able to access PSN/SEN with your account information.

WARNING: CHANGE OTHER SETTINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Step 9.

Go down to the bottom of this post and use the "thanks" button, I spend my time writing this stuff for everyone to be able to use it in a easy way.

Step 10.

Multiman For REBUG REX - You must login or register to view this content.

Enjoy - Lenny

What if I have downgraded my console from 4.25 OFW to 3.55 OFW (3.55 OFW is my current consoles firmware), Do I straight up upgrade to 4.21REX CFW or do I need to jb to 3.55 CFW first to follow this tut?

BTW this tut is from PS3hax and itskamel made it for noobs. But I still thank you for posting it to NGU as it seems my questions at PS3hax forums arent getting any replies so I hope people can help me out here
12-04-2012, 08:08 PM #15
H41822
Banned
lenny lenny ...
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM #16
Originally posted by 23 View Post
What if I have downgraded my console from 4.25 OFW to 3.55 OFW (3.55 OFW is my current consoles firmware), Do I straight up upgrade to 4.21REX CFW or do I need to jb to 3.55 CFW first to follow this tut?

BTW this tut is from PS3hax and itskamel made it for noobs. But I still thank you for posting it to NGU as it seems my questions at PS3hax forums arent getting any replies so I hope people can help me out here

I Done 4.21 CEX I Think & You Install & Run Toggle QA first then you just update to 4.21 REBUG CEX from XMB

The following user thanked iLennyBhoyx for this useful post:

Machiavelli_23
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM #17
I Done 4.21 CEX I Think & You Install & Run Toggle QA first then you just update to 4.21 REBUG CEX from XMB

Thanks Lenny

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo