Post: 3.55 CFW to 4.21 REBUG CFW (lets you go online with cfw)
11-25-2012, 09:30 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This guide is for CEX users this is not a DEX MFW! If you want to use this firmware and your on DEX I suggest you find a DEX-CEX tutorial.

Step 1.

Make sure your on CFW 3.55, and eject any game disk in your drive as the ps3 looks to blu ray for update before usb and we wouldn't want that.

Step 2.

Even if your console has never been downgraded I suggest you do this step anyway.

Install REBUG toggle QA pkg, run the pkg, now you should hear some beeps. Next go to network settings and do the button combo to ensure that the system was properly dehashed.

L1 R1 L2 R2 L3 and DOWN on the d pad (all at the same time) debug settings should appear. If it did not try all the steps again.

REBUG Toggle QA Download - You must login or register to view this content.

Step 3.

If your on 3.55 and you wish to stay at 3.55 then use the 3.55.3 REX pup. can be found at

You must login or register to view this content.

If your on 3.55 and you want to go to 4.21 then use the 4.21 REX pup. can be found at

You must login or register to view this content.

Now once you have downloaded the firmware that you wish you will need to rename it like this.

for 3.55

REBUG_3.55.3_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP

for 4.21

REBUG_4.21.1_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP

Now you will need a usb stick formated to fat 32, then you will need to create a folder on the root of the usb stick called "PS3" then inside that folder you will create another folder named "UPDATE". So it will look like this.

X:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

PS3UPDAT.PUP being the firmware that you are choosing to install.

Step 4.

Plug the usb stick into the far right port on the ps3 (closest to the blu ray drive) and navigate to the system update, and select via storage media. (NOT RECOVERY MENU)

Let the firmware install. DO NOT TURN OFF OR TOUCH THE PS3.

Step 5.

Congrats now your on REBUG. Continue on to setup the firmware.

Step 6.

Go to the game catagory and then to "package manager". Next to "install package files". Last to "PS3 hard disk". Then you will see "REBUG TOOLBOX", install it.

Step 7.

REBUG TOOLBOX should now be in your xmb run the package.

Step 8.

This is not needed unless you want the settings I use. Either way here they are.

"Selector"

System Mode = REBUG

XMB Operation = DEBUG

Now your spoofed and should be able to access PSN/SEN with your account information.

WARNING: CHANGE OTHER SETTINGS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Step 9.

Go down to the bottom of this post and use the "thanks" button, I spend my time writing this stuff for everyone to be able to use it in a easy way.

Step 10.

Multiman For REBUG REX - You must login or register to view this content.

Enjoy - Lenny

The following 4 users say thank you to iLennyBhoyx for this useful post:

★┣XBSRocksX┤★, FamedGod, Machiavelli_23, Smexeh

The following 9 users groaned at iLennyBhoyx for this awful post:

^TPP^, cekchd, DocterBang, Harvinder, jack4au, RETRO-STATE, Swifter, xHeAVeN, xkoeckiiej
11-25-2012, 10:57 AM #2
SALEM-x
Little One
Is it works if my cfw 3.55 kmeaw banned?
Please someone confirm it
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM #3
ryu2050
Treasure hunter
dude this is known long time ago since 4.21 rex came out!!!
And no if your system is banned on any firmware it stays banned!!

The following 2 users say thank you to ryu2050 for this useful post:

SALEM-x, Slice
11-25-2012, 11:28 AM #4
Already posted + old, stop rep whoring.
11-25-2012, 12:05 PM #5
DocterBang
[B]Going Hard Doe[/B]
HAHA I saw this posted on ps3hax already... ummmmmm GROAN

The following user thanked DocterBang for this useful post:

Magic Monkey
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM #6
^TPP^
Who’s Jim Erased?
Originally posted by x View Post
Is it works if my cfw 3.55 kmeaw banned?
Please someone confirm it

idk but so far what i have been reading, everyone is saying that "ONCE YOUR BANNED YOUR BANNED"
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM #7
So does this actually work?
11-27-2012, 09:24 PM #8
johncov1
Do a barrel roll!
Can I use mw2 , bops1 modded patchs online without ban ?
As they can tell wot were on

Thanks
11-27-2012, 10:11 PM #9
cheers for this, even if this was posted before, this thread was at the top of the page, almost as if it was waiting for me. couldnt be asked to search for it, you know me :p so thanks
11-27-2012, 11:54 PM #10
Originally posted by johncov1 View Post
Can I use mw2 , bops1 modded patchs online without ban ?
As they can tell wot were on

Thanks

yeah it lets you online and practically just online with cfw except this cfw gives you fake PS+ and all that & add me mate PSN : Lenny_Bhoy1 I host to Winky Winky

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Originally posted by ohSmexeh View Post
cheers for this, even if this was posted before, this thread was at the top of the page, almost as if it was waiting for me. couldnt be asked to search for it, you know me :p so thanks

no bother mate and i didn't know it was already posted because i couldn't find it on ngu so i just made a new tutorial to make life easeir for others lol and tahts sick 95 plat thats amazing mate nice Winky Winky you have my mate WEE_FITZYBOY on your list on PSN Winky Winky

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Originally posted by ohRiceh View Post
Already posted + old, stop rep whoring.

i didn't know it was already posted cause i couldn't even find it on ngu so had to go find it myself so thought i would make tutorial for NGU to make others life easeir then i get hit with abuse from a idiot with the worst emblem/avatar on NGU ever who has 30 reputation no plats on psn and has a name like xRicey for psn lol & i doubt im rep whoring at all you idiot

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo