10-07-2013, 04:01 AM #1
Default Avatar
DeNo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
(◣_◢Winky Winky [TUT] How to make Custom Coldboots [TUT] (◣_◢Winky Winky

(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky( ◣_◢Winky Winky (◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky

Right. Everyone has been begging me to a make them a Custom Coldboot, but i dont have the time to. So ive created a tutorial on how to make one.

This will allow you to experiment on Coldboots, open up shops or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:
This is not the easiest and quickest way to do it. The program i used came out ages ago and its worked for me ever since. There probably are better programs for this but they've had errors not compiling etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you need

• A Brain - This is very important that you have one of these. so please check! :y:

• Adobe Photoshop & knowledge of how to use it. - No link here find it yourself.

• You must login or register to view this content. -This is the Compiler and Creator Program for the Coldboot.

• You must login or register to view this content. - This makes the .ac3 files (sound) for your Coldboot.

• Nvidia DDS Plugin 64/32bit. - You need this for the Program to compile it. The download will be included in the PS3 Logo Creater. (Click on the '?'Winky Winky
    [/list][/b]

Stage 1 - Preparing

• After you've got all the above, open the PS3 Color Logo Creator and click on 'edit'.

You must login or register to view this content.

• This is where you need to direct to your Photoshop.exe.

• After you done that. Click ok and press 'edit' again. This will open up Photoshop. Use these options.

• Once you clicked ok you will see the PS3 Logo screen in Adobe. You will also see 4 RGB Channels and 1 Alpha channel on the Right. (Click the 'Channels' tab)

• On the Alpha channel Anything that is black will be transparent in the final outcome. So anything that is white will show. (Remember this as you will need this for later on.)
      Erase the PS3 Logo on the RGB Channels with a Brush and the Alpha with a rubber. Viola! You have a blank canvas to start your masterpiece!

Stage 2 - Making the Coldboot

• We will start on the Alpha Channel first. Providing you have already chosen what you are making, i presume you have done so..

The picture needs to fit in the space provided and any image or writing will need to be filled in to white. (This makes it visible in the final outcome.)

• Use these Options

• It will look like this.

• You then need to copy the colored picture to the RGB channels, but make sure it fits perfectly with the alpha channel. you can line it up by clicking on the small eye icon next to it. But make sure its the right channels you are working on! (The background will go red if you are doing it right.)

• Now do the same with any writing, pictures or whatever you want providing you do exactly as i stated. until you are ready to make it into a coldboot.

Stage 3 - Saving and Compling the Coldboot.

• Once you're happy with what you want your Coldboot to look like. Click on 'Save as'. Change the picture format to '.DSS' and click ok,

• Now use these options from the drop boxs and click 'Save'.

• Now Open the PS3 Logo Creater and preview it if you want to. Then press 'Create' To make your own Coldboot!

Stage 4 - Making the Sound to the Coldboot.

• Open the XviD4PSP and load your song/sound and use options like me. (Make sure the Sniplet is up to 8 seconds long, otherwise it will sound gay)

• Press configure when you chose the part of the sound you want and use these options.

• Press apply and ok when its done its thing. And the Save it using the option at the top. Make sure you rename it to 'coldboot_stereo' and thats its a .AC3 file.

• BOOM you've got the Mono part to your Coldboot Sound! Now do the same configure settings but change the
      Source to 5.1 Channels (Multisonic).

• Click Apply and ok! Then save it and rename to 'coldboot_multi' (dont forget to make sure its a .AC3 file!).

• You should now have all these files after following my tutorial!

• The Coldboot.

• Now copy them to your PS3 and BOOM you've made your very first coldboot! If you need to know how to copy them to your PS3 look below.

HOW TO MANUALLY INSTALL THE COLDBOOT.

For NON-Rebug Users.
    -Enable Dev_blind
    -Open up your FTP
    -Go to dev_blind - vsh - resource <<< Copy the files here.

For Rebug Users
    -Open up Rebug Toolbox
    -Connect to FTP
    -Go to dev_rebug - vsh - resource <<< Copy the files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q

• Q.When i apply Mono and 5.1 Multisonic it just keeps saying 'volume gain detecting'.

A.Just cancel it. its already done the conversion :P

• Q.Cant see the Tutorial pictures?

A.Save them to your PC and you will :P

(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky( ◣_◢Winky Winky (◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky(◣_◢Winky Winky
  • Last edited by Daddy ; 10-16-2013 at 02:46 PM.

The following 38 users say thank you to DeNo for this useful post:

^TPP^, -Google-, -SuperMan, ..jigsaw, Cien, Cryptic, Maggie Simpson, DylanOc1, Gommy, Guzman, Harry, hkownz, Beats, itsbyio, Jordan G., TheMightyMoJo, libra7ry, matt0897, MegaMister, MoTmrD, Darth Saul, Vince, Pseudo_Soldier, Rebuged, ResistTheSun, ICS Vortex, SC0x, BySec, SeeNoKey, Dacoco, SnaY, ViolentFelon, xkoeckiiej
    10-07-2013, 07:48 AM #2
    SC0x
    Bounty hunter
    Nice dude! Do you need to use photoshop or can it be anything else?
    Last edited by SC0x ; 10-07-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    10-07-2013, 08:50 AM #3
    ResistTheSun
    In Flames Much?
    Great work bro Smile
    10-07-2013, 03:31 PM #4
    Gommy
    I’m too L33T
    Great tutorial, just what i was looking for!
    10-07-2013, 04:10 PM #5
    Default Avatar
    DeNo
    Originally posted by Outsider
    Great thread Deno, it looks superb.

That means alot coming from you pal Winky Winky Thank you.
    10-07-2013, 08:44 PM #6
    Default Avatar
    DeNo
    Originally posted by SC0x View Post
    Nice dude! Do you need to use photoshop or can it be anything else?

It needs to be Photoshop bud. as the Nvidia Plugin needs to be installed.
    10-07-2013, 09:35 PM #7
    SC0x
    Bounty hunter
    Ok mate once again thanks for this well presented tut :y:
    10-08-2013, 01:22 AM #8
    The Epic
    I wont stop
    Originally posted by DeNo View Post

Right. Everyone has been begging me to a make them a Custom Coldboot, but i dont have the time to. So ive created a tutorial on how to make one.

This will be for Elites only. (Until i feel the need to move this to the general forum) This will allow you to experiment on Coldboots, open up shops or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:
    This is not the easiest and quickest way to do it. The program i used came out ages ago and its worked for me ever since. There probably are better programs for this but they've had errors not compiling etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What you need

• A Brain - This is very important that you have one of these. so please check! :y:
    • Adobe Photoshop & knowledge of how to use it. - No link here find it yourself.
    • You must login or register to view this content. -This is the Compiler and Creator Program for the Coldboot.
    • You must login or register to view this content. - This makes the .ac3 files (sound) for your Coldboot.
    • Nvidia DDS Plugin 64/32bit. - You need this for the Program to compile it. The download will be included in the PS3 Logo Creater. (Click on the '?'Winky Winky

Stage 1 - Preparing

• After you've got all the above, open the PS3 Color Logo Creator and click on 'edit'.

• After you done that. Click ok and press 'edit' again. This will open up Photoshop. Use these options.

• Once you clicked ok you will see the PS3 Logo screen in Adobe. You will also see 4 RGB Channels and 1 Alpha channel on the Right. (Click the 'Channels' tab)

• On the Alpha channel Anything that is black will be transparent in the final outcome. So anything that is white will show. (Remember this as you will need this for later on.)
      Erase the PS3 Logo on the RGB Channels with a Brush and the Alpha with a rubber. Viola! You have a blank canvas to start your masterpiece!

• We will start on the Alpha Channel first. Providing you have already chosen what you are making, i presume you have done so..

The picture needs to fit in the space provided and any image or writing will need to be filled in to white. (This makes it visible in the final outcome.)

• Use these Options

• You then need to copy the colored picture to the RGB channels, but make sure it fits perfectly with the alpha channel. you can line it up by clicking on the small eye icon next to it. But make sure its the right channels you are working on! (The background will go red if you are doing it right.)

• Now do the same with any writing, pictures or whatever you want providing you do exactly as i stated. until you are ready to make it into a coldboot.

• Once you're happy with what you want your Coldboot to look like. Click on 'Save as'. Change the picture format to '.DSS' and click ok,

• Now Open the PS3 Logo Creater and preview it if you want to. Then press 'Create' To make your own Coldboot!

• Open the XviD4PSP and load your song/sound and use options like me. (Make sure the Sniplet is up to 8 seconds long, otherwise it will sound gay)

• Press configure when you chose the part of the sound you want and use these options.

• Press apply and ok when its done its thing. And the Save it using the option at the top. Make sure you rename it to 'coldboot_stereo' and thats its a .AC3 file.

• BOOM you've got the Mono part to your Coldboot Sound! Now do the same configure settings but change the

• Click Apply and ok! Then save it and rename to 'coldboot_multi' (dont forget to make sure its a .AC3 file!).

• Now copy them to your PS3 and BOOM you've made your very first coldboot! If you need to know how to copy them to your PS3 look below.

For NON-Rebug Users.
    -Enable Dev_blind
    -Open up your FTP

For Rebug Users
    -Open up Rebug Toolbox
    -Connect to FTP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q

• Q.When i apply Mono and 5.1 Multisonic it just keeps saying 'volume gain detecting'.

this is fucking awesome deno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I still had a modded ps3 now :fa:
    10-08-2013, 01:27 AM #9
    The Epic
    I wont stop
    Originally posted by DeNo View Post

This will be for Elites only. (Until i feel the need to move this to the general forum) This will allow you to experiment on Coldboots, open up shops or whatever.

Note:

What you need

Stage 1 - Preparing

• Use these Options

For NON-Rebug Users.
    -Enable Dev_blind
    -Open up your FTP

For Rebug Users
    -Open up Rebug Toolbox
    -Connect to FTP

F.A.Q

this is fucking awesome deno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish I still had a modded ps3 now :fa:
    10-08-2013, 10:26 PM #10
    SNMT| Havoc
    Do a barrel roll!
    Great Tut Smile[/color]

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
    All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo