Post: [TUTORIAL] How To Get eid_root_key on DEX, So You Can Convert to CEX With Out FLASHES
02-17-2014, 10:24 PM #1
FLIX_Hosting
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm creating this small post/tutorial, for those who may need some help, and hope it can helps find some other things.

First, i was on 3.55 dex, and i couldn't make a dump of root key, tryed it on DEX original, installed itskamel dex cfw, and nothing. But i could still get nor flash dump of a 160GB model with multiman 4.55.

So what you can do to get the nand/nor dump, and eid_root_key file, so you can use c2d.exe v2, to convert back to CEX?
It may take a while, but it works. And you may find, or some devs may find also this usefull, as its required to install a "partiall" cex/dex fw. You will understand in a few minutes.. read this:

Follow this instructions, as they are easy to use, of course, there is always a risk of bricking if something gets done wrong, but remember, im not responsible.

1- Downgrade to or install 3.55 itskamel dex fw on system update
2- Install 4.55 multiman (thats what i used)
3- Open multiman, and get your nand/nor dump
3.1- To get your nand/nor dump, go to mmOS, press O on any file, open in HEX viewer, press SELECT, press START.. it will appear 3 questions: 1 = NO, 2 = NO, 3 = YES.. and wait, it takes about 5 minutes.
4- Exit multiman
4.1- Save your file on PC
5- Install Factory Service Mode v2
6- On a blank USB, copy rogero 3.6 CFW to root of usb, and file 1 (lv2diag.self) also to root of usb.
7- Connect USB drive to the most right usb door, and start FSM v2 (It may fail to boot on first time, and beep 2 times, and return to XMB, its normal, and start FSM v2 again, it will beep once, and reboot your ps3)
7.1- Wait until your PS3 to start flashing green and after 2, 3 seconds it will turn off.
8- Remove your USB, delete the files, and rename "lv2diag_exit.self" to "lv2diag.self" (If you dont get the exit file, go to your PC, and copy file 2, lv2diag.sef, and copy to root of usb, and connect it the same USB door it was on PS3.
9- Turn on PS3, it will after 5 seconds turn off.
10- Remove USB and start PS3 (You are now on rogero 3.4 cfw, "partially".. Its not a complete cex fw you have installed.. Devs may look at this if you can, to make sure if theres some exploit, or something else)
11- Install "eEID_root_key_dumper.pkg", and run it.
11.1- PS3 will beep and restart
12- keep multiman 4.55 and run it
12.1- Your file will be in dev_hdd0/tmp
12.2- Copy the file to a USB pen.
13- Go to your computer, and use does files you got with this step to convert on c2d.exe v2 your DEX nand/nor flash, back to CEX.

After you've made previous steps, copy the cex flash generated on c2d.exe v2, to a usb, open multiman, go to your usb, and flash it.

After all this you can go back to CEX.

Sorry if my tutorial is not the best, but i think it has 2 good topics to discuss on the scene, and to help everyone.

A Video Will Be Uploaded Tonight So Hang On

If Your on 4.XX Install This Then The NewDEXKamel.PUP /3.55downgradePUP - You must login or register to view this content.

NewDEXKamel.PUP - You must login or register to view this content.

eEID_RKDumper.PKG - You must login or register to view this content.

Lv2diag - You must login or register to view this content.

rogero 3.55 v3.7 - You must login or register to view this content.

FactoryServiceMode - You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo