Post: [ Tutorial ] How To Change The Name of Your Netflix ( CFW Needed )
05-21-2014, 04:56 PM #1
itzGumi
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Things Required
============
A FTP Application ( Rebug Toolbox, Multiman, PS3ita Manager )
FileZilla
CFW PS3 ( Im Using 4.50ita DEX )
A Computer
A Brain

1.) You Will Need To Have Netflix Installed On Your CFW PS3

2.) You Will Codnoobfriendly Param.sfo Editor You must login or register to view this content.

3.) Once You Got All That On Your Computer In A Safe Place Then Go To Your FTP Application Your Using

4.) Go To dev_hdd0 > game > NPUP00030 > Then Drag Your Param.sfo That's In That Folder To Your
Desktop

5.) Open Up The Param.sfo Editor and Find The Netflix Param.sfo You Recently Just Dragged To Your Desktop

6.) Leave The Settings The Same But Just Type What You Want In The Big Textbox.

7.) Once Its Done Click Save

8.) After You Click Save Then Go Back To FileZilla Then Drag The Updated Netflix Param.sfo In The Same Folder.

9.) After Its Done Transferring Exit Out Of Your FTP Application Then Click Netflix

10.) Once Netflix Is Loaded Then Exit The Game

11.) After You Exit The Game Your Chosen Text Will Be There

The following 2 users say thank you to itzGumi for this useful post:

Dog88Christian, mastakiller13

The following 2 users groaned at itzGumi for this awful post:

Hammy, ViolentFelon
05-22-2014, 07:18 PM #11
Citadel
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by itzGumi View Post
What You Mean By That?

It's an sfo file edit. It won't update with the servers unless you change it inthe account settings page so only the person using the cfw can see it.
05-22-2014, 07:44 PM #12
itzGumi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Citadel View Post
It's an sfo file edit. It won't update with the servers unless you change it inthe account settings page so only the person using the cfw can see it.

Add My PSN GumiiTTM I Edited It With Sfo. And Everyone See's My Netflix Name And Everything. Do You Need Help With It.
05-22-2014, 08:59 PM #13
Citadel
Samurai Poster
Add My PSN GumiiTTM I Edited It With Sfo. And Everyone See's My Netflix Name And Everything. Do You Need Help With It.

That's because you edit the title of the game.
05-22-2014, 09:37 PM #14
itzGumi
Bounty hunter
That's because you edit the title of the game.

I Edited The Title of The Game With The Param.sfo
05-23-2014, 12:01 AM #15
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Things Required
============
FileZilla
A Computer
A Brain

2.) You Will Codnoobfriendly Param.sfo Editor You must login or register to view this content.

3.) Once You Got All That On Your Computer In A Safe Place Then Go To Your FTP Application Your Using

4.) Go To dev_hdd0 > game > NPUP00030 > Then Drag Your Param.sfo That's In That Folder To Your
Desktop

5.) Open Up The Param.sfo Editor and Find The Netflix Param.sfo You Recently Just Dragged To Your Desktop

8.) After You Click Save Then Go Back To FileZilla Then Drag The Updated Netflix Param.sfo In The Same Folder.

9.) After Its Done Transferring Exit Out Of Your FTP Application Then Click Netflix

I'm sorry these douches are being well.. douches This was actually very helpful. I have always been confused with this PARAM crap, but you helped. Also, who cares if you put just Netflix, others might not find the one on "everything" but "Netflix" what there looking for, if that makes sence. Thanks, again.
05-23-2014, 02:36 AM #16
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Things Required
============
FileZilla
A Computer
A Brain

Desktop

I get what you are trying to do and I understand that. But, if someone was interested in changing the names for applications on the PS3, they would simply search it. Re-posting content that has been posted over and over only makes the forums more cluttered then they need to be. So, in the future search the forums and see if its been posted before.
05-23-2014, 05:12 AM #17
Hammy
[b]#Hammy4IMGPerms McCoy[/b]
Why would you want to change your name when it's only local look anyway Facepalm

Dereks right. When you change the param.sfo other people can also see it.
Its a way you can keep safe from sony, say like you change some of your homebrew apps, you can change the name to something like BBC iPlayer, Youtube which makes it less fishy :p
05-23-2014, 06:36 AM #18
itzGumi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Chris88 View Post
I'm sorry these douches are being well.. douches This was actually very helpful. I have always been confused with this PARAM crap, but you helped. Also, who cares if you put just Netflix, others might not find the one on "everything" but "Netflix" what there looking for, if that makes sence. Thanks, again.

Thank You So Much. And I Really Don't Care About Them Lol Haters Smh. :RTS:
05-23-2014, 03:00 PM #19
Citadel
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by Hammy View Post
Dereks right. When you change the param.sfo other people can also see it.
Its a way you can keep safe from sony, say like you change some of your homebrew apps, you can change the name to something like BBC iPlayer, Youtube which makes it less fishy :p

When you look at You must login or register to view this content., it makes it like he is changing the netflix account name not the netflix title. Everyone knows you can change the game name with the param.sfo file Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo