09-11-2014, 04:16 PM #1
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey, guys. I'll be teaching you how to mod Fallout 3, I didn't think It was necessary to make a RTM Tool for the game, considering you can do It this way, and It works A LOT better.

I will be using Fallout: Game Of The Year Edition, so my .INI file will be named differently.
If someone has the normal Fallout 3.INI file, send It to me so I can fix It to work and add to the downloads.

Method 1: Advanced, learning how to do It so you can add your own.
Small Description
Now, you can make your own .ESP files for this game, but this is not showing you how. This is going to be how you add .ESP files to the game, and make It work! So, today we will be adding your Personal Terminal to the game!
Tutorial

1. Put Fallout 3 on your internal (Might work for external) and you want to FTP into /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30451-[Fallout 3]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
  2. Drag the .INI file to your Desktop, Should be the top file. I am using Fallout 3: GOTY so It's "FALLOUT_GOTY.INI" || Normal Fallout 3 I think is "FALLOUT.INI"
  3. Now go into DATA folder "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30451-[Fallout 3]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA" and drag the .ESP file into the DATA folder, in our case drag PERSONALTERMINAL.ESP file into DATA folder
  4. Right click the .INI file you dragged to your Desktop and edit the file, ctrl + f (Search) for "STestFile", and you will want to put "PERSONALTERMINAL.ESP" next to the equals symobl "=", make sure It's the next STestFile above what's being used.
    With Fallout 3: GOTY we have to use STestFile8 because we have to load the DLC content, but with regular Fallout 3 you will probably use STestFile3 since all you have to do is load the Update.ESP and Fallout.ESM
    You must login or register to view this content.
  5. Search for "bInvalidateOlderFiles" and make sure to set It to =0 not =1
  6. Now, directly under you see Archive List, add "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa," after the equals sign
    Now everyone has ";;SArchiveList=" but If you do, also add "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa," after the equals sign
  7. Search for "Search for sEssentialFileCacheListE=" and at the end of that, put "DATA/PERSONALTERMINAL.ESP, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa"
  8. Now save the .INI file you have been editing, then put in back in
    "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30451-[Fallout 3]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR" and overwrite.
  9. Delete the game update (Game Data Utility) not your save, then load up Fallout 3, (You can install the updates again If you'd like, had to just make It also install the mods), then load Fallout 3, start a new game and It should be in the Dresser in your room (When you first start the game in the vault, when you find out your father left, AKA: Amata wakes you up)

Method 2: Easy, so you can just get the mod.

1. Download the Terminal Mod file & the .INI file
  2. Put Fallout 3 on your internal (Might work for external) and you want to FTP into /dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30451-[Fallout 3]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR and copy over my .INI file "FALLOUT_GOTY.INI" and overwrite.
  3. Drag the PERSONALTERMINAL.ESP into the DATA folder
    "/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS30451-[Fallout 3]/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA"
  4. Delete the game update (Game Data Utility) not your save, then load up Fallout 3, (You can install the updates again If you'd like, had to just make It also install the mods), then load Fallout 3, start a new game and It should be in the Dresser in your room (When you first start the game in the vault, when you find out your father left, AKA: Amata wakes you up)

~Downloads~

• Terminal Mod (.ESP File) : You must login or register to view this content.
  • (For Easy Method) GOTY Fallout | FALLOUT_GOTY.INI : You must login or register to view this content.

I don't find the need for a Virus Scan cause It's just a ESP file that's going into your GAMES folder

Video of the mod, and possibilities you can do with adding .ESP files to ps3

Credits
ITJunky
anti087
IDontLeech (Myself)
Last edited by IDontLeech ; 10-22-2014 at 08:35 AM.

The following 8 users say thank you to IDontLeech for this useful post:

Chris, FalCon274, IKELOS, LevelUP, Playslayer, Saprongenic Zz, Stinky-_-Nutzz, THORgi
09-11-2014, 04:37 PM #2
Citadel
Samurai Poster
My av said the esp file is a virus :troll:
09-11-2014, 06:41 PM #3
IDontLeech
Endless Possibilitie
Originally posted by Citadel View Post
My av said the esp file is a virus :troll:

:lol: Liar. :troll:
09-11-2014, 08:26 PM #4
Citadel
Samurai Poster
Originally posted by IDontLeech View Post
:lol: Liar. :troll:

Oh look now I'm your slave on your dark comet RAT client :troll:

The following user thanked Citadel for this useful post:

MsHaxMews
01-30-2015, 03:43 PM #5
Begs
Gobble
Do i need a jailbreaked ps3 to do this ?
01-31-2015, 03:00 AM #6
DPO23
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Begs View Post
Do i need a jailbreaked ps3 to do this ?

Yep...
04-27-2015, 11:08 PM #7
assault1086
Save Point
muchas gracias
05-10-2015, 04:42 AM #8
Gemi
Little One
Has this worked for anyone?
08-20-2015, 04:46 AM #9
ceazar3o6
Do a barrel roll!
Can anyone confirm this works? I just tried multiple time with no success..
08-20-2015, 03:09 PM #10
SEROTONIN
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by CEAZAR3o6 View Post
Can anyone confirm this works? I just tried multiple time with no success..

Yes this works fine. I did this months and months ago on fallout new Vegas

The following user thanked SEROTONIN for this useful post:

ceazar3o6

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo