02-18-2015, 11:16 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Welcome to the tutorial, I've made this because I've not seen a tutorial like this yet as no one has made one

First thing you need to do is acquire your eid_root_key file which can be done using a simple homebrew app. Download it here - You must login or register to view this content.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THEIR EID ROOT KEYS BEING DUMPED, IF THIS IS THE ISSUE, THEN DOWNLOAD THIS AND INSTALL THIS CFW AND THEN DUMP YOUR EID USING THE HOMEBREW TOOL.

Download Link - You must login or register to view this content.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Click the one depending on your firmware, install it on your playstation and execute the application. Your PS3 should beep a couple of times and this is normal, don't worry. Once back onto your XMB, retrieve the file using an FTP or file manager in the following directory - dev_hdd0/game/FLTZ00010/USRDIR. It should be there. Copy it over to your USB and save it on your desktop for safe keeping. Be sure to rename it as 'eid_root_key.bin' without the quotation marks of course. Or if you used the other homebrew because of errors and so on, then it can be found in this directory - dev_hdd0/tmp

Secondly, we must now get your current NOR/NAND flash file. To do this, download Rebug Toolbox - rebug.me/?wpfb_dl=92, open it, and scroll to the right under the 'Utilities' field. Plug in your USB on the far right (close to the blu-ray drive), scroll down and hit the 'Export Flash to File' and hit yes on the confirmation to execute. Now copy this over to your desktop and into a seperate folder!

Thirdly, you must now download this program here -You must login or register to view this content. and extract it to the root of your PC's C: \ drive. Now once you've done that, open it and run the 'Win32OpenSSL' application. As you install it, it will ask you to select a destination folder. Be sure to put 'C: \openssl'. From here, just continue to press yes to everything else.

From here, drag the eid_root_key.bin file from your desktop and into the c2d folder you extracted on the C:/ drive and drag the Flash File from your desktop too that you exported from the Rebug Tool Box and rename it to - flashDEX.BIN.

Finally, in the c2d folder, hold CTRL+SHIFT, Right click and open 'command window'.

This is the last and extremely important step here. Type in exactly (without quotation marks)
'c2d.exe eid_root_key.bin flashDEX.bin flashCEX.bin (target ID).

To find out what your target ID is, click this link - You must login or register to view this content.

It's important that you get the correct target ID, otherwise your PS3 may be inferior to certain games, servers and so on.

So since I live in the UK and the webpage says '0x87' = United Kingdom.

I will put 'c2d.exe eid_root_key.bin flashDEX.bin flashCEX.bin 87'.

That's how it works and it shouldn't be too complicated. Once you've found your ID, hit enter on your keyboard, wait for a bit, and you should be done Happy !

Now in your C2D Folder, drag the flashCEX and flashDEX files into a folder on your desktop and save them as these -

Your flashDEX needs to be renamed as DEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN IF IT'S 16MB OR DEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN IF IT'S 256MB

Your flashCEX needs to be renamed as CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN IF IT'S 16MB OR CEX-FLASH.EID0.NANDBIN IF IT'S 256MB

And that's it! I know that was a lot to take in, but really, I'm fed up that I haven't seen a tutorial on this and I had to work this out on my own :( I'm probably blind or dumb, alas, just enjoy haha.

Use these files to switch Target ID's (DEX AND CEX conversions) with the Rebug Toolbox homebrew tool under the field 'DEX/CEX. Be sure that they're on the root of your USB as you do this and not in any folder.

Enjoy, and thanks for reading.
Last edited by UgenixComp ; 02-19-2015 at 11:12 AM.
02-18-2015, 11:18 PM #2
master2911
Pokemon Trainer
Can anyone confirm if this works?
02-18-2015, 11:24 PM #3
Originally posted by master2911 View Post
Can anyone confirm if this works?

Hey bro, I took a long time to get this information. I promise you, it does work. I've done it many times to me and my friends as there were no damn tutorials out there! I thought I'd share this with you guys Smile
02-18-2015, 11:36 PM #4
I have add you on skype eastmodz pleassss help me
02-18-2015, 11:39 PM #5
master2911
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by UgenixComp View Post
Hey bro, I took a long time to get this information. I promise you, it does work. I've done it many times to me and my friends as there were no damn tutorials out there! I thought I'd share this with you guys Smile

You must login or register to view this content.
02-19-2015, 12:54 AM #6
I have a client come in like a month ago and I did exactly as mentioned in this tutorial and it worked, it works without having the original CEX dump
02-19-2015, 12:57 AM #7
Kryptus
Former Staff Manager
Much faster method. Posting in a bit.
02-19-2015, 01:03 AM #8
GamminModzV17
Bounty hunter
yo how long does it take to get the eid_root_key file ?? so far its 5 mins
02-19-2015, 09:00 AM #9
Maverick
Climbing up the ladder
Just freezes :(
02-19-2015, 08:36 PM #10
Dawwx
Keeper
when I'm doing the step in the command window I hit enter and I get an error saying "(RT) Invalid Numeric format ($(84)) - Line 152
Please help :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo