01-04-2016, 04:30 PM #1
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
I'm making this topic as I had some problems and hardly found solutions so maybe it will make it easier for people to find them .

1. Installing CFW from recovery menu hangs at 98%

Boot PS3 in You must login or register to view this content. and press on Restore PS3 system , after reboot you will be prompted to insert USB stick or external HDD with firmware and press SELECT+START . I saw many people on forums who said that they bought new HDD's thinking the actual ones were corrupted , so DON'T buy/try another HDD unless this solution doesnt work too .

2. Getting "corupt data" error when you want to downgrade with 3.55 (9.99) downgrader or upgrade from that .

Make you use the same firmware type , if is CEX use CEX downgrader , if is DEX use DEX downgrader , if you are on CEX downgrader and you want to go on DEX , just install a rebug CEX (4.75 REX) firmware and convert to DEX , then install DEX firmware . I saw people suggesting re-downloading firmwares and trying them on other USB sticks wich is totally wrong and a waste of time .

3. Recovery screen loop

Plug out your HDD and plug in a PC , then format the HDD to NTFS , yes NTFS not Fat32 . This way you will be prompted twice to press START+SELECT , once for searching an update and once for reformatting your HDD , then your firmware will install succesfully . Saw people saying that the console is bricked and needs to be reflashed with E3 , WRONG !

4. CFW doesn't load any SPRX for games (modmenus)

After you make sure you put files in the right path and use the right settings , if it still doesn't load the SPRX connect to your console with Filezilla , go to /dev_hdd0/ and copy /tmp folder on your PC's desktop , then delete the /tmp folder from PS3 and put it back in dev_hdd0/ from your PC's desktop . This way the folder and all it's subfolders and files will get full permissions then SPRX will load fine .

5. Connect RTM tools trough TMAPI

Make sure in debug settings you have "Boot mode : System software mode" and "Network settings : Single"

6. Convert RTM tools from CCAPI 2.60 to 2.70

If the tool is not packed in a sigle .exe file , you will see in it's folder CCAPI.dll and PS3LIB.dll , replace them with these ones and your tool is now supporting CCAPI 2.70 , btw it will not support CCAPI 2.60 anymore .
You must login or register to view this content.

I hope this topic will be easier to find for people and I will add more problems and solutions by time . Smile
Last edited by #Dragoss ; 02-06-2016 at 07:35 PM.

The following 6 users say thank you to #Dragoss for this useful post:

Raiden, creation1979, Dro, Helping-Hand, Restrain, runningman420

The following user groaned #Dragoss for this awful post:

qamartheone
01-04-2016, 04:37 PM #2
runningman420
I defeated!
Nice post Smile but If your having corrupt data from downgrader 999 simple fix is install kmeaw then after that your desired fw

The following user thanked runningman420 for this useful post:

#Dragoss
01-04-2016, 04:50 PM #3
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Runningman420 View Post
Nice post Smile but If your having corrupt data from downgrader 999 simple fix is install kmeaw then after that your desired fw

Yeah , CFW 3.55 rogero v3.7 and maybe OFW 3.55 could fix this too . Smile
01-04-2016, 04:58 PM #4
Raiden
Banned
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
I'm making this topic as I had some problems and hardly found solutions so maybe it will make it easier for people to find them .

1. Installing CFW from recovery menu hangs at 98%

Solution : Boot PS3 in You must login or register to view this content. and press on Restore PS3 system , after reboot you will be prompted to insert USB stick or external HDD with firmware and press SELECT+START . I saw many people on forums who said that they bought new HDD's thinking the actual ones were corrupted , so DON'T buy/try another HDD unless this solution doesnt work too .

2. Getting "corupt data" error when you want to downgrade with 3.55 (9.99) downgrader or upgrade from that .

Solution : Make you use the same firmware type , if is CEX use CEX downgrader , if is DEX use DEX downgrader , if you are on CEX downgrader and you want to go on DEX , just install a rebug CEX firmware and convert to DEX , then install DEX firmware . I saw people suggesting re-downloading firmwares and trying them on other USB sticks wich is totally wrong and a waste of time .

3. Recovery menu loop

Solution : Plug out your HDD and plug in a PC , then format the HDD to NTFS , yes NTFS not Fat32 . This way you will be prompted twice to press START+SELECT , once for searching an update and once for reformatting your HDD , then your firmware will install succesfully . Saw people saying that the console is bricked and needs to be reflashed with E3 , WRONG !

4. CFW doesn't load any SPRX for games (modmenus)

Solution : After you make sure you put files in the right path and use the right settings , if it still doesn't load the SPRX connect to your console with Filezilla , go to /dev_hdd0/ and copy /tmp folder on your PC's desktop , then delete the /tmp folder from PS3 and put it back in dev_hdd0/ from your PC's desktop . This way the folder and all it's subfolders and files will get full permissions then SPRX will load fine .

5. Connect RPC tools trough TMAPI

Solution : Make sure in debug settings you have "Boot mode : System software mode" and "Network settings : Single"

I hope this topic will be easier to find for people and I will add more problems and solutions by time . Smile

Very helpful, good post!

The following user thanked Raiden for this useful post:

#Dragoss
01-31-2016, 11:41 AM #5
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
topic updated with solution for rtm tools that does not support 2.70 ccapi Smile
02-01-2016, 02:07 AM #6
fredbc10
Save Point
Nice ...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo