Post: How to Get on PSN 4.78 with CFW [Rebug 4.75.3 REX] (CEX Users)
01-20-2016, 02:33 PM #1
DH63
Retired Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Note: I am unsure if this process will work for anyone running any CFW other than Rebug 4.75.3 REX.

Step 1: If you are spoofing your firmware from 4.75 to 4.76 then you must deactivate your spoofer. If not then skip this step.

Step 2: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox. If you do not have it then you can install it by going to Package Manager -> Install Package Files -> PS3 System Storage.

Step 3: Under the System column select System Information to make sure your LV2 Kernel and Target Type say CEX. Also make sure your firmware says 4.75 CEX.

Step 4: Go to the Utilities column and enable Toggle QA Flag.

Step 5: Scroll up in the Utilities column until you reach Dump eid root key. Select it and then select Yes. Your PS3 will go blank for about 7 to 10 seconds, beep 3 times, and then restart.

Step 6: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox.

Step 7: Go to the DEX/CEX column and select Rewrite Target ID in Flash then select Yes. Your PS3 will go blank for a few seconds then turn back on.

Step 8: In the same column, go up one option and select Swap LV2 Kernel. It will tell you that your kernel was swapped successfully and then for a restart. Select Yes for your PS3 to restart.

Step 9: Go to Game and run Rebug Toolbox one last time.

Step 10: Under the System column select System Information and check to see that your PS3 Firmware is 4.75 DEX, your LV2 Kernel is DEX, and your Target Type is DEX.

Now you can sign in and enjoy using PSN once again. If you wish to go back to CEX once a spoofer has been released then simply repeat these steps in order.

The following 3 users say thank you to DH63 for this useful post:

jqq, MODDING SQUAD, xXGRIM_REAPERXx
12-19-2016, 03:42 AM #20
im on rebug 4.80 there is a 4.81 released now not sure if i should upgrade to 4.81..but when i logged into my psn acct go into the store it gave me a message to update the store to 1.26 i didnt try wasnt sure if it was safe to do so. any help would be great thanks..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo