01-31-2016, 05:32 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So you want to know how to change your games name ? Like for example: Lets say your friend is playing Grand Theft Auto 5 or any other game & it says Username: Blahblahblah & the game they are playing is called Murking People On GTA5 or any other thing that they came up with.But you want to know how they did that.. Well I'am here to show you how .McCoy

STEP 1: Start up your PS3 & make sure your Wifi is on( If you delete your history or do whatever you do before you turn on the internet then do so now),Wifi needs to be on for FileZilla to work.

STEP 2: Go onto your PC and open up filezilla. Once you have opened filezilla you want to connect to your PS3.

STEP 3: Once you are, connect on FileZilla, your PS3 Directorys will pop up on the right. Go to hdd0>GAMES>"Game you want to modify the name of." Once you have found the game, you will see a file called "Param.sfo" transfer this to your PC by dragging it to the Desktop

>>Also make sure the original Param.sfo is backed up incase of problems in the future<<

STEP 4: Open up Param.sfo editor which i have provided below. Once the tool is open, you are going to drag the param.sfo file into the tool, this will open the file.

STEP 5: Once the file has been opened you will see the title of the game you want to edit. Change that to anything you want then save and close the tool down. Dont mess with anything else unless you know what you're doing! Smile

STEP 6: Transfer the modified Param.sfo back over to hdd0>GAMES>Game you wanted to modify the name of and make sure you press overwrite.

STEP 7: Close all your connections down on FileZilla and restart your PS3

NOTE:
I am not responsible for any damage caused!

Param.sfo Download
You must login or register to view this content.

Virus Scan
Kryptus

If Param.SFO tool doesnt work, make sure you have Msvbvme50.exe
Last edited by PKG-xReLoAdZz ; 01-31-2016 at 06:03 AM.

The following user thanked PKG-xReLoAdZz for this useful post:

Kam
01-31-2016, 06:21 AM #2
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by xReLoAdZz View Post
So you want to know how to change your games name ? Like for example: Lets say your friend is playing Grand Theft Auto 5 or any other game & it says Username: Blahblahblah & the game they are playing is called Murking People On GTA5 or any other thing that they came up with.But you want to know how they did that.. Well I'am here to show you how .McCoy

STEP 1: Start up your PS3 & make sure your Wifi is on( If you delete your history or do whatever you do before you turn on the internet then do so now),Wifi needs to be on for FileZilla to work.

STEP 2: Go onto your PC and open up filezilla. Once you have opened filezilla you want to connect to your PS3.

STEP 3: Once you are, connect on FileZilla, your PS3 Directorys will pop up on the right. Go to hdd0>GAMES>"Game you want to modify the name of." Once you have found the game, you will see a file called "Param.sfo" transfer this to your PC by dragging it to the Desktop

>>Also make sure the original Param.sfo is backed up incase of problems in the future<<

STEP 4: Open up Param.sfo editor which i have provided below. Once the tool is open, you are going to drag the param.sfo file into the tool, this will open the file.

STEP 5: Once the file has been opened you will see the title of the game you want to edit. Change that to anything you want then save and close the tool down. Dont mess with anything else unless you know what you're doing! Smile

STEP 6: Transfer the modified Param.sfo back over to hdd0>GAMES>Game you wanted to modify the name of and make sure you press overwrite.

STEP 7: Close all your connections down on FileZilla and restart your PS3

NOTE:
I am not responsible for any damage caused!

Param.sfo Download

Virus Scan
Kryptus

If Param.SFO tool doesnt work, make sure you have Msvbvme50.exe

Or you can just use multiman to edit the name
01-31-2016, 06:27 AM #3
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
Or you can just use multiman to edit the name

I done that before & it wouldnt work so I tried this. Just in case it doesnt work for other people
01-31-2016, 09:01 AM #4
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
I done that before & it wouldnt work so I tried this. Just in case it doesnt work for other people

It works for most game, only game that didn't work for me was mw2.
01-31-2016, 09:16 AM #5
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
It works for most game, only game that didn't work for me was mw2.

Well now people can try 2 things
01-31-2016, 09:33 AM #6
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Well now people can try 2 things

Sure :p

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo