Post: Why sprx menu sometimes doesnt load with correct eboot.bin
02-01-2016, 07:48 PM #1
jeybe
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The directory permission of the tmp folder in hdd0 must be set to 777

in order to set it use multiman go into file manager mode and fix permissions on the tmp folder.

The following 2 users say thank you to jeybe for this useful post:

OfficialJesseP, skarule
02-01-2016, 08:34 PM #2
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by jeybe View Post
The directory permission of the tmp folder in hdd0 must be set to 777

in order to set it use multiman go into file manager mode and fix permissions on the tmp folder.

Now this is something i bet most people don't know so i appreciate you posting this Jeybe Smile

The following user thanked OfficialJesseP for this useful post:

jeybe
02-01-2016, 08:36 PM #3
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
I already made a thread about this 1 month ago

You must login or register to view this content.
02-01-2016, 09:06 PM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Just checked his thread out and while his method is different from the one posted here it does the same thing so either way both are useful in my opinion.
02-01-2016, 10:53 PM #5
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
Just checked his thread out and while his method is different from the one posted here it does the same thing so either way both are useful in my opinion.

I think his method is usefull only if you already have multiman and you perform a firmware update like 4.76->4.78 , because multiman actually fix permissions for tmp folder when you install it . First time when I had this problem I fixed it this way , by installing multiman , then uninstall because I hate it and I prefer webman . Happy
02-03-2016, 01:03 AM #6
jeybe
Haxor!
Originally posted by dragoss91 View Post
I think his method is usefull only if you already have multiman and you perform a firmware update like 4.76->4.78 , because multiman actually fix permissions for tmp folder when you install it . First time when I had this problem I fixed it this way , by installing multiman , then uninstall because I hate it and I prefer webman . Happy

multiman doesn't fix the tmp folder permissions when you install it. at least not the versions I have including the latest.

you have to do it manually. it creates other folders only and doesn't even fix permissions on game directory either with just installing.

also having multiman installed doesn't stop you from using webman to mount the game.

I have multiman permanently installed, always used the latest rebug the day it comes out and the latst multiman and webman the day they come out and have been online continuously for the last year on the same cid without a ban. I mod gta all day long without a ban.

no other apps like psn patch etc installed

I also mount my own homebrews and have the dev tmapi self launcher permanently on dash too. still no ban.

I don't ever use playstation store.

I must be doing something right.
Last edited by jeybe ; 02-03-2016 at 01:08 AM.
02-03-2016, 01:59 PM #7
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by jeybe View Post
multiman doesn't fix the tmp folder permissions when you install it. at least not the versions I have including the latest.

you have to do it manually. it creates other folders only and doesn't even fix permissions on game directory either with just installing.

also having multiman installed doesn't stop you from using webman to mount the game.

I have multiman permanently installed, always used the latest rebug the day it comes out and the latst multiman and webman the day they come out and have been online continuously for the last year on the same cid without a ban. I mod gta all day long without a ban.

no other apps like psn patch etc installed

I also mount my own homebrews and have the dev tmapi self launcher permanently on dash too. still no ban.

I don't ever use playstation store.

I must be doing something right.

Before I found that method with deleting tmp and putting it back from PC to fix permissions I was using multiman , at every firmware install I needed to install then uninstall multiman to make SPRX load .... no idea why , maybe permissions , maybe something else . Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo