Post: [TUT] How to make a ps1 rapid r1 firecontroller for ps3
09-14-2008, 03:45 AM #1
fraz422
PS3 Guru
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); to scaired to break your lovly duelshock 3 or six axis controller but got a old ps1 or 2 controller kciking about. Well have i got news for you
all you will need is

*a PS1/2 controller
*Screw driver philips
*Sticky Tape
*A metal Paper clip
*scissors
*a PSX controller to Usb conector

ok First thing were gona do is remove all eight screws on the back.(soz no pics:(, Vid tho :P)ok Once removed put to the side and the check the controller find the R1 button and remove. OK there should be a clasp holding 2 buttons in to the r1 board. ok Once the clasp is removed what i want you to do is rip the two buttons in half ( down the middle) THen keep the bigger button the one for R2. I also want you to remove a small part from the R1 bit of the clasp. This is so the paperclip and be free in games to use. its on the right like when your holing the contoller propely. Remove that small section and were ready to mod.Start Drawing over the board with the R1 button in pencil. The graphit helps the paper clip conduct easier to complete the circiut.Nwo bend the paper clip in such a way that one of the heads is toching the R1 button and the over is streched out like a trigger.We ready to stick it to the board.Be carfully and have plenty sticky tape , this may take a few tries.Once one of the paperclips heads are stuck to the r1 button is ready to put the controller back together , Be gental that paperclip and pop out any time tho.Once its all good we simple screw it back together and try on the ps3. And your done Winky Winky ! caution this may take some time to get the paperclip in a perfect postion.Once you have found it and stuck it in really well Winky Winky you will be owning with the G3 in no time Happy

This tut was made by me i havnt copiedor mange to find any other tut like this. Therefore i would like credit if passed on or used on other fourms.

I am not responcilbe for any damage cause to a ps1 or 2 controller. THis is a mod you deicde you would try.

I dont use this mod in games Winky Winky only did it to show you guys its possible.

BTW if you watch the vid turn the volume up and watch in high quality :P did it witha webcam sorry

duznt have the same effect as a proper ps3 modded controller sorry :(

You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by fraz422 ; 09-14-2008 at 12:04 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to fraz422 for this useful post:

dazzle, elfmotat, Genocide-, laTex
09-21-2008, 03:19 PM #11
fraz422
PS3 Guru
work for me lol i didnt have to keep pressing the button just moving hte papor clip
09-21-2008, 04:27 PM #12
elfmotat
Rᵤᵥ - ½gᵤᵥR ∝ Tᵤᵥ
thats pretty cool, nice tut Smile
09-21-2008, 04:43 PM #13
fraz422
PS3 Guru
no worries thanks Smile
09-22-2008, 08:27 PM #14
laTex
WutDaFish?
allright thx for the share + rep .