03-26-2017, 11:29 PM #1
Pinkulo
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys, newbie to the forums. *I am looking for any info on the GLOD on my FAT PS3. Just got it, was on 4.8 and I hooked it up to the network, it downloaded 4.8.1 then restarted and never came back on...I have tried:

resetting the video settings...nothing on the screen
Getting into safe mode...nothing on the screen
Removed the hard drive and boot...nothing on the screen

The HDD light only blinks once when starting it up, the fan runs, it accepts discs, acts all normal, but no display, no video, no safe mode, no ask if I want hdmi...nothing.

Any bonafide fixes?
03-27-2017, 06:08 PM #11
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Pinkulo View Post
Thanks Anyway!

Try pressing and holding the power button. You will hear one beep when you press the button, and then a second one will follow, in which case you can let go of the power button. This will reset the video settings and will boot to component by default. If you have an hdmi cord plugged in on restart, it will ask you if you want to switch to hdmi.

Test your cables and make sure they work, or try a different one(s)

Can you boot the ps3 into recovery mode?
If not,
You can try another known working hdd and see if it will boot into recovery mode, or boot at all..

If you hear the 3 beeps as if it is loading recovery mode, but not showing on screen, blame your tv or connection from the ps3 to the tv.

Let us know how it goes.
03-27-2017, 06:30 PM #12
ymh
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Pinkulo View Post
Thanks Anyway!

i was scared i got GLOD while playing as first time i booted game it lost all signal and i had to reboot my ps3, then it black screened, but i pulled out my hdmi and plugged it back in and it worked fine so i was lucky it was only my cable messing up. I am not ready to have another dead ps3, i've had 4 die on me in 2 years, But in saying that i was not the original owner of the 3 that got YLOD. the 4th one i got brand new in 2010 and that died from me dropping it. Console i wanna make my Main is a CECHK, i'd reather a CECHA B or C because they look nicer and i like those nand models, but if i get YLOD its easier to and cheaper to replace a CECHK mother board with a H or J/K then it is to replace the 60GB models as they are expensive and if it you wanted to mod them they take for ever to do so compared to a nor model if it needs downgrading.
03-29-2017, 04:34 AM #13
Pinkulo
Save Point
Originally posted by Dro View Post
Try pressing and holding the power button. You will hear one beep when you press the button, and then a second one will follow, in which case you can let go of the power button. This will reset the video settings and will boot to component by default. If you have an hdmi cord plugged in on restart, it will ask you if you want to switch to hdmi.

Test your cables and make sure they work, or try a different one(s)

Can you boot the ps3 into recovery mode?
If not,
You can try another known working hdd and see if it will boot into recovery mode, or boot at all..

If you hear the 3 beeps as if it is loading recovery mode, but not showing on screen, blame your tv or connection from the ps3 to the tv.

Let us know how it goes.

I'll need to find a working drive, but for the other tests. Ive tried different cables, nothing changed. I have tried taking the HDD out to boot, but nothing changed. It does do the 3 beeps but no recovery mode. It seems to be bricked post 4.8.1 update. Its a CECHB01, so I am probably going to have to downgrade it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo