05-02-2017, 06:36 PM #1
Hitful
Error… Cat invasion!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I got banned on my original console ID and then I bought a new one, i have since made new PSN accounts on that new console ID and now when I try to call sony to recover said accounts they tell me that the serial numbers don't match up with their records. So what I am thinking is does changing your CID also effectively change your serial number too? Because I used to call and recover accounts all the time with my serial number but all the accounts i have made and signed in primarily with my CFW console dont seem to be recoverable. Which brings me to the question... I know there's a sticker on the back with the serial number, but would there be any way to pull a dump or some type of thing from the console itself that would tell me my serial number so I could see if they match up or if they don't?*

Thanks
- Hitful
05-02-2017, 06:45 PM #2
Merkii
Former Staff
they probably use CID to identify software etc and the serial number on your console is solely for warranty/hardware
05-02-2017, 06:53 PM #3
Dro
i<3myPs3
Originally posted by Hitful View Post
I got banned on my original console ID and then I bought a new one, i have since made new PSN accounts on that new console ID and now when I try to call sony to recover said accounts they tell me that the serial numbers don't match up with their records. So what I am thinking is does changing your CID also effectively change your serial number too? Because I used to call and recover accounts all the time with my serial number but all the accounts i have made and signed in primarily with my CFW console dont seem to be recoverable. Which brings me to the question... I know there's a sticker on the back with the serial number, but would there be any way to pull a dump or some type of thing from the console itself that would tell me my serial number so I could see if they match up or if they don't?*

Thanks
- Hitful

You changed your CID so now it shows a different model ps3 when they search it. It is showing them the model that your new CID came from.

They're not going to recover your accounts if you were banned..
They're also not going to recover a banned CID..
Last edited by Dro ; 05-04-2017 at 03:00 PM.
05-02-2017, 07:07 PM #4
Hitful
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by Merkii View Post
they probably use CID to identify software etc and the serial number on your console is solely for warranty/hardware

I understand this but I just want to see the current serial number right now.
05-02-2017, 07:08 PM #5
Hitful
Error… Cat invasion!
Originally posted by Dro View Post
You changed your CID so now it shows a different model ps3 when they search it. It is showing them the model that your new CID came from.

They're not going to recovery your accounts if you were banned..
They're also not going to recovery a banned CID..

They can't see that I was banned because I am on a new CID but I guess they won't even let me recover accounts that were made before it was banned
05-02-2017, 08:09 PM #6
Dro
i<3myPs3
I understand this but I just want to see the current serial number right now.

Its on the back of the ps3 that your new cid came from..

ex. if you set your old original cid to the console, then it will match up, but if you change the CID to any other CID, it will have a different (serial) model. But if you set your original CID they will see you were banned for modding and will not be able to help you.

They can't see that I was banned because I am on a new CID but I guess they won't even let me recover accounts that were made before it was banned

They can see that your ps3 model(serial on back) was banned and if you are online again then that tells them you are on cfw because you are able to change your CID, and they will not be able to help you.. if the accounts were on the ps3 before the ban, then of course they wont recover accounts made before the ban, thats because they were banned afterwards :/
Last edited by Dro ; 05-04-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo