07-02-2018, 05:15 AM #1
avakin
Rookie
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi everyone

I bought a used ps3 (CECHK-04, I jailbroken it and installed Rebug 4.82.2) like 2 weeks ago, so no way to refund it, I'm stuck with it. I made a video to show my problem (running Resident Evil 4 HD):

Another problem that I have is that the ps3 never stay on when I turn it on the next day, have to try like 2 or 3 times for it to maintain (talk more about this later).

Let me rule out a few things first, the first problem (worse one) happens with every ps3 and ps2 game that I tried. In ps2 games it turn off when checking for save, in ps3 games the mileage vary, going from not entering the game to I can play for like 10 minutes before it dies (Guilty Gear Xrd and Sword Art Online: Lost Song being the ones I can play the most, sometimes it won't turn off and I can play normally). PS1 games, Netflix and YouTube I can run hours on end without it turning off.

Already tried a few things to fix it, with no avail: Switching hdd, putting fans working at a higher percentage (like 70% lowest velocity) and cleaning it.

Overheating issue is ruled out, every time I try to run something I monitor the temperatures, never going higher than 75 degrees.

I'm thinking this could be a PSU issue, because It may need more power, so it turn off. And when it is at higher temperatures it works "better", for more time, indicating a capacitor issue (This makes sense with my second problem has it's have to warm up before being used).

Please, help me, the price of the psu is somewhat high to me, so I can't throw the money without being certain.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo