09-03-2014, 06:55 PM #1
Nigel_Powers-22
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My PS3 just started acting up right now. It worked this morning. Now I turn it on, makes a beeping noise with a green light like it normally does, but then 2-3 seconds later the system sounds like it shuts off n I get this blinking red light. And it keeps doing this even when I shut the power from the back. Does this mean my PS3 died? My ps3 is really old like 6 or 7 years old!! Can't remember when but All I know it's I got my ps4 when Call of Duty: World At War before it came out and I have the FAT one! It died because it's old or What? Lol i need help!! What is life??? :(
09-03-2014, 07:49 PM #2
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by 22 View Post
My PS3 just started acting up right now. It worked this morning. Now I turn it on, makes a beeping noise with a green light like it normally does, but then 2-3 seconds later the system sounds like it shuts off n I get this blinking red light. And it keeps doing this even when I shut the power from the back. Does this mean my PS3 died? My ps3 is really old like 6 or 7 years old!! Can't remember when but All I know it's I got my ps4 when Call of Duty: World At War before it came out and I have the FAT one! It died because it's old or What? Lol i need help!! What is life??? :(

Dies it give a yellow light when switching from green to red, if it does you have a YLOD (yellow light of death)
Good luck
09-03-2014, 11:49 PM #3
Rogue_Wolf
Dex Modder/Poke Botter
Before you freak out and panic try this.
Turn it over upside down, so the thing is literally on it's back and you see the slots for ventillation. Clean any dust you see by gently wiping it away, or better yet use a vacuum. Then check the side vent and do the same thing.
Now, with the ps3 still upside down, turn on the power and try booting it up.
My FAT ps3 did the same thing yours did, but it runs all night long standing on it's head.
Try it and post back.
09-07-2014, 06:44 AM #4
Nigel_Powers-22
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Wolf View Post
Before you freak out and panic try this.
Turn it over upside down, so the thing is literally on it's back and you see the slots for ventillation. Clean any dust you see by gently wiping it away, or better yet use a vacuum. Then check the side vent and do the same thing.
Now, with the ps3 still upside down, turn on the power and try booting it up.
My FAT ps3 did the same thing yours did, but it runs all night long standing on it's head.
Try it and post back.

I've try that but it happens again after 3-5 minutes!! :(
09-07-2014, 06:47 AM #5
Nigel_Powers-22
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Master0wn3r View Post
Dies it give a yellow light when switching from green to red, if it does you have a YLOD (yellow light of death)
Good luck

When i turned it on 'it's green then it beeps turns into white or yellow for a second and My system turned off then it blinks red!!' So, it's dead!?
09-07-2014, 06:56 AM #6
Restrain
CoD Services
This is a known issue for phat ps3 models.
09-07-2014, 06:58 AM #7
Master0wn3r
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by 22 View Post
When i turned it on 'it's green then it beeps turns into white or yellow for a second and My system turned off then it blinks red!!' So, it's dead!?

It doesnt have to be dead, you can try to fix the thermal paste (just renew it) if that doesnt work, you can get a reball (they resolder the GPU on the motherboard, like its new) but a reball is more expensive.

Good luck!

The following user thanked Master0wn3r for this useful post:

Rogue_Wolf
09-11-2014, 10:36 PM #8
Rogue_Wolf
Dex Modder/Poke Botter
Shitty deal the upside down didn't work.
He's right dude, you need some work on your baby. That job is approx $140 where I am, check online classifieds for your city. Maybe someone local works on ps3's. There are lots of repair shops as well, but a guy who fixes them in his garage or basement may be a cheaper option.
Last edited by Rogue_Wolf ; 09-11-2014 at 10:38 PM.
09-14-2014, 03:12 PM #9
Ur ps3 is dead mate. Hope u backed up u files.. u prob can b fixed tho Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo