03-04-2015, 05:31 AM #1
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok. I just flashed my ps3 again after accidentally updating to 4.70. However, now I have another problem. During my process, I had a heck of a time fitting the clip. Spent about 3 hours getting it to work. Well it finally did take the update and I was about to dump the ps3 files and after about 10 seconds, the ps3 cut off. Now every time I turn the power on it cuts off with the red light flashing. After research, it looks as if it has the ylod. Is that true and how can I fix it myself? Looks like I have to heat the motherboard to resolder itself. What is the best method of performing this operation?
03-06-2015, 11:05 PM #20
poster above is talking out of their ass, do not do the heat gun method! i have seen atrocious results from people giving it a go themselves for the frist time.

i have repaired many ylod's for years now with oven bake method, many others have too and ps3's are going years on from the initial bake, few need a rebake every 6 months, but the repair is free!

Its not limited to ps3's either, motherboards and graphics cards can be repaired this way with nearly always a success.
03-06-2015, 11:08 PM #21
we should have a ps3 bake off.

heat gun v's oven bake.
03-06-2015, 11:26 PM #22
privateuser3250 your an idiot and you have alot to learn about electronics repair sir, i have 1000' of satisfied customers, my xbox/ps3 repair service comes with warranty as long as you own and i only charge $30 to my local community, how about yours? how long does your shit oven method last? 1-6months haha what JOKE, (yeah i can fix your ps3 but it wont last that long. is that what you tell people, haha) i offer lifetime warranty would you like a link to my website, or perhaps to my most recent ad i run on CL.

bet the people that have you fix it dont know your putting it in the oven haha oven is for rookies that have no brain.
for every 1 post/link ect that you can show the oven method is good, ill provide 20 that state its the worst idea ever
03-06-2015, 11:46 PM #23
hey bud, i went to school for this shit, ran my own shop for many years. i still do alot of side work thru the winter months as my day job slows down

hell maybe the oven trick does work, but i don't think it would go over to well if i told a customer i was gonna put his ps3 in the oven and cross my fingers that it might work for 6 months, i think they would grab the ps3 and run and then tell everyone to not come to me cause i don't know what the fuck im doing.................
03-07-2015, 12:06 AM #24
i did 3 already with no problems 2 phats and 1 slim i got the heat gun and liquid flux no problem theres d-i-y step by step videos on youtube serch it it takes about 30-45 mins hope u get it dude mine been good for 2 years lol since the 3.76 or 77 update what every it was back then
03-07-2015, 12:07 AM #25
once u do it get a fan control pkg and blast that shit lol
03-07-2015, 12:09 AM #26
and if u try to do it if u start to hear the flux poping when ur at the chip with the heat gun dont go anymore ur bout to cook that shit
03-07-2015, 12:10 AM #27
""we should have a ps3 bake off.

heat gun v's oven bake.""

anybody can use a heatgun, doesn't mean they will have success, it takes common sense, you cant just heat the shit out of it and expect it to work, trial and error = perfection i fucked up many until i got it down just right (first sign of flex, some flex up, some down, but all will flex when hot enough)

NOTE: JUST CAUSE YOU USE AS5 DON'T MAKE YOU A PRO OR MEAN YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT HAHA
03-07-2015, 12:14 AM #28
Originally posted by 973 View Post
i did 3 already with no problems 2 phats and 1 slim i got the heat gun and liquid flux no problem theres d-i-y step by step videos on youtube serch it it takes about 30-45 mins hope u get it dude mine been good for 2 years lol since the 3.76 or 77 update what every it was back then

WHAT????? you didnt put it in the oven? wife must of had dinner cooking huh haha

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo