06-21-2015, 04:07 PM #1
Bounkass
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Is it possible to extract data from a OFW PS3 HDD with a computer yet? I used to have a PS3 which broke. It's unrepairable but I do still have the HDD with precious data. Photo's, saved game files etc.

Please tell me it's finally possible?
06-21-2015, 06:16 PM #2
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Bounkass View Post
Is it possible to extract data from a OFW PS3 HDD with a computer yet? I used to have a PS3 which broke. It's unrepairable but I do still have the HDD with precious data. Photo's, saved game files etc.

Please tell me it's finally possible?

You can put it in another PS3 of the same or lower firmware.
06-30-2015, 02:40 PM #3
Bounkass
Are you high?
Originally posted by bmob10189 View Post
You can put it in another PS3 of the same or lower firmware.

Are you sure? I've tried to put it in a PS3 with the same Firmware at the time but it asked me to format...
06-30-2015, 05:50 PM #4
Default Avatar
Kas
Are you sure? I've tried to put it in a PS3 with the same Firmware at the time but it asked me to format...

No due to the data being encrypted it's impossible.
06-30-2015, 11:05 PM #5
bmob10189
At least I can fight

I've been able to do it before. The last time I tried I had to format but I the 2 consoles I had before where both on 4.46 rebug and swapt hard drive all the time. Sold one of them n tried with another recently it wouldn't work, could be due to different model # IDK.
06-30-2015, 11:33 PM #6
Danny
Hurah!
I've been able to do it before. The last time I tried I had to format but I the 2 consoles I had before where both on 4.46 rebug and swapt hard drive all the time. Sold one of them n tried with another recently it wouldn't work, could be due to different model # IDK.

What? He isn't trying to format his hard drive he is trying to extract files from it.

It is impossible as far as i know and putting it in any other ps3 will result in you loosing everything off it.
07-01-2015, 01:27 AM #7
bmob10189
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Danny9 View Post
What? He isn't trying to format his hard drive he is trying to extract files from it.

It is impossible as far as i know and putting it in any other ps3 will result in you loosing everything off it.

Did you not read what I posted? I was able to do this successfully before when I had different PS3's but this time it makes me format now that 1 of the PS3's is different. Idk what made those 2 able to swap hard drives just fine but they did with no problem.
07-01-2015, 06:42 AM #8
Danny
Hurah!
Did you not read what I posted? I was able to do this successfully before when I had different PS3's but this time it makes me format now that 1 of the PS3's is different. Idk what made those 2 able to swap hard drives just fine but they did with no problem.

I have never heard heard of that happening before , one of things that i will believe it when i see it.

The following user thanked Danny for this useful post:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo