06-20-2014, 11:56 PM #38
Originally posted by BigTrain View Post
Most likely because you don't have the secure_file_id in your games.conf file.

How can I get that secure_file_id? The person who created the forum for that save file won't reply back.
06-21-2014, 12:18 AM #39
BigTrain
Former Super Mod
Originally posted by Unique View Post
How can I get that secure_file_id? The person who created the forum for that save file won't reply back.

; "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2"
[BLUS30999/NPUB31372/BLES01644/NPEB01434/BLJM61107/NPJB00508/NPUB90984]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=0F010F020F030F040F050F060F070F08

Go You must login or register to view this content. when you need to update your games.conf.
06-21-2014, 02:30 AM #40
Originally posted by BigTrain View Post
; "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2"
[BLUS30999/NPUB31372/BLES01644/NPEB01434/BLJM61107/NPJB00508/NPUB90984]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=0F010F020F030F040F050F060F070F08

Go You must login or register to view this content. when you need to update your games.conf.

Oh wow! Thank you so much for this :-)

The following user thanked Born-Unique for this useful post:

BigTrain
06-22-2014, 08:53 AM #41
BigTrain
Former Super Mod
Originally posted by Unique View Post
Oh wow! Thank you so much for this :-)

No problem.

The following user thanked BigTrain for this useful post:

hfgfeheryrjrfu
07-01-2014, 12:35 AM #42
BigTrain
Former Super Mod
Originally posted by Zeehoer View Post
Although i have recommended it several times to others i myself completely forgot to thank you for your generous contribution!
Facepalmat myself...
Thanks buddy!

Lol... your welcome.
07-01-2014, 08:21 PM #43
Thanks for the instructions. This is the first time I've tried using someone else's save, resign, and copy to my PS3. After following the instructions, I'm still unable to use the save. I think that there are several reasons why it may not be working, so I'll list everything I've done thus far...

I should note - I'm trying to use a game save for Dead Island regular edition (BLUS30790), from You must login or register to view this content. but I have the GOTY edition (BLUS31026). I'm thinking that this may be the sole reason why it's not working. Still...

- I loaded a PARAM.SFO from one of my non-copy protected game saves to get my Account ID.
- I created a profile
- I opened each of the game saves (three total) that I downloaded from the site mentioned above.
- For each, I decrypted, changed the region from "BLUS30790" to "BLUS31026", selected my profile, encrypted, resigned, and saved to USB drive
- On the first try, I had "Copy Protected" checked while encrypting and resigning because the original saves are copy protected
- I tried copying from USB to PS3 and received a message stating they cannot be copied due to copy protection, so...
- I went back and performed all steps again, but I unchecked "Copy Protection" for each.
- I was able to copy all saves from USB to PS3. However, once I loaded the game, I could not see the saved game.
- I tried saving the saves with the original BLUS30790 region, but PS3 said "data corrupted" for each and wouldn't allow me to copy

A few things I thinking may be the cause of not being able to load the saves:
- Trying to use a game save for a different version of the game (FYI, looking in the games.conf file, I see both BLUS30790 and BLUS31026 listed under Dead Island with the same secure_file_id)
- The "Sub-Title" of the game save doesn't match my user ID. I actually created a new user ID with the same Sub-Title as in the game save, but still no luck. I didn't see any instructions on how to change the Sub-Title for a game save.
- The saves I copied over are not copy-protected, so the game doesn't recognize or can't use them. Don't know of a way around this since I can't transfer copy-protected saves from USB to PS3.
07-02-2014, 01:34 PM #44
BigTrain
Former Super Mod
Originally posted by paro42ah View Post
Thanks for the instructions. This is the first time I've tried using someone else's save, resign, and copy to my PS3. After following the instructions, I'm still unable to use the save. I think that there are several reasons why it may not be working, so I'll list everything I've done thus far...

I should note - I'm trying to use a game save for Dead Island regular edition (BLUS30790), from You must login or register to view this content. but I have the GOTY edition (BLUS31026). I'm thinking that this may be the sole reason why it's not working. Still...

- I loaded a PARAM.SFO from one of my non-copy protected game saves to get my Account ID.
- I created a profile
- I opened each of the game saves (three total) that I downloaded from the site mentioned above.
- For each, I decrypted, changed the region from "BLUS30790" to "BLUS31026", selected my profile, encrypted, resigned, and saved to USB drive
- On the first try, I had "Copy Protected" checked while encrypting and resigning because the original saves are copy protected
- I tried copying from USB to PS3 and received a message stating they cannot be copied due to copy protection, so...
- I went back and performed all steps again, but I unchecked "Copy Protection" for each.
- I was able to copy all saves from USB to PS3. However, once I loaded the game, I could not see the saved game.
- I tried saving the saves with the original BLUS30790 region, but PS3 said "data corrupted" for each and wouldn't allow me to copy

A few things I thinking may be the cause of not being able to load the saves:
- Trying to use a game save for a different version of the game (FYI, looking in the games.conf file, I see both BLUS30790 and BLUS31026 listed under Dead Island with the same secure_file_id)
- The "Sub-Title" of the game save doesn't match my user ID. I actually created a new user ID with the same Sub-Title as in the game save, but still no luck. I didn't see any instructions on how to change the Sub-Title for a game save.
- The saves I copied over are not copy-protected, so the game doesn't recognize or can't use them. Don't know of a way around this since I can't transfer copy-protected saves from USB to PS3.

I've never used the save your talking about but you might be getting the corrupted save error either because the maker of the save screwed something up somewhere or it's a "CFW save only" which means that you can only use it on a CFW PS3... Or your right and you just cant use a regular save with the GOTY edition.

Here is what I have in my games.conf file for the game... Play around with the region codes and see if one works for you... If your using a US game then the first 3 codes are all you have to choose from... Keep in mind that the region code on the box or disk is not always the correct code.

; "Dead Island"
[BLUS30790/BLUS31026/NPUB31066/BLES00749/BLES01681/NPEB00721/BLJS10148/BLKS20318/BLJS10198]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=0102060A0C1030A0C0B02040A00CF001
Last edited by BigTrain ; 07-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.
07-02-2014, 03:18 PM #45
@paro42ah
Page 4 of the thread...
Originally posted by audi787b View Post
The modded save does not work on game of the year edition..But nice postSmile

Anyway, nice thread for a great and easy to use program. Just wanted to add that I never used the decrypt/encrypt function and have successfully resigned over 100 saves so far. But correct me if I'm doing something wrong. :embarrassed:

The following user thanked Wastelandboy for this useful post:

BigTrain
07-03-2014, 09:52 AM #46
BigTrain
Former Super Mod
Originally posted by Wastelandboy View Post
@paro42ah
Page 4 of the thread...

Anyway, nice thread for a great and easy to use program. Just wanted to add that I never used the decrypt/encrypt function and have successfully resigned over 100 saves so far. But correct me if I'm doing something wrong. :embarrassed:

I always decrypt and encrypt... never tried it without doing that lol.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo