Post: Stop Requesting. Easy way to tell if a game is exploitable.
02-13-2010, 06:38 PM #1
danake
Keeper
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); We need more posts with saves then posts asking for the same game. Theirs a very simple way to see if a game is even remotely exploitable.

Step 1: On your ps3 go to "Save data utility"

Step 2: Hover over the game save you would like (must have a save for the game already on your system from YOU playing)

Step 3: Press triangle and then select copy

If it lets you select a destination to copy to then it may be exploitable. If it says it cannot be copied then don't request it. If you can't get the save off the system how can we?

EDIT: Some games can be copied to another user but not device, what we're looking for is to be able to move to a device.
Last edited by danake ; 02-17-2010 at 06:12 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to danake for this useful post:

Hnnix, JCDH92, pman187, SwordspiTTer
02-13-2010, 07:34 PM #2
JCDH92
Keeper
Thanks for this thread, I hope that the noobs will read this and don't ask for it anymore
02-13-2010, 08:36 PM #3
D-Rock1
Lvl1 Extremly Trustworthy
Pretty simple to understand this but i doubt this would be read by noobs. What i have noticed is that noobs just come on the website and just sttart asking for hacks right. Left and centre. 95% of their questions can be answered by looking in other threads, which they dont do.
02-13-2010, 09:10 PM #4
admiralvic
Bounty hunter
no ne will make this
02-13-2010, 11:42 PM #5
Hnnix
Keeper
Nice thread, should keep noobs from requesting but i doubt they'd read this thread.
02-14-2010, 06:25 AM #6
admiralvic
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by danake View Post
We need more posts with saves then posts asking for the same game. Theirs a very simple way to see if a game is even remotely exploitable.

Step 2: Hover over the game save you would like (must have a save for the game already on your system from YOU playing)

If it lets you select a destination to copy to then it may be exploitable. If it says it cannot be copied then don't request it. If you can't get the save off the system how can we?

i have to ask...

why are people thanking him? tech speaking this isnt a true method it just removes like 2 - 3% of the total ps3 titles =\

the REAL way to see if its exploitable or not is to do this...

save data
copy
make a new user
play the game long enough to save
swap the files
if nothing happens, try not swaping the files, if that fails then 94% chance it wont work, its not like its hard to get to a point where you unlock something =\

The following user thanked admiralvic for this useful post:

TURBO-BS
02-14-2010, 06:41 AM #7
pap0024
Splicer
Originally posted by danake View Post
We need more posts with saves then posts asking for the same game. Theirs a very simple way to see if a game is even remotely exploitable.

Thats not intirly correct, assassins creed 2 is copyright meaning its enscrypted basically, u can copy to another user but not to usb this is the same for many copyright saves
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM #8
craizer
Pokemon Trainer
well im sure that there will be a way to copy the assassins creed 2 data to memory stick soon.
if we can get read/write access to the whole hdd then surely we can copy this to a memory stick.
02-14-2010, 06:09 PM #9
you don't get the point ... doesn't surprise me.

Important topic but I fear people that are meant won't read this.
02-14-2010, 07:29 PM #10
SwordspiTTer
Are you high?
Thanks danake for this. Unfortunately there are too many lazy, hard headed people up in here. Now lets say someone does magically make it possible to copy over saves that are encrypted a.k.a copyright prohibited. They will be found and sued by the developer of the game. Hence the words, COPYRIGHT PROHIBITED.

@Admiral

You are right it only removes a certain low number of games but truthfully those are the games that are mostly asked for. Like AC2, KZ2, SF4, etc..
Last edited by SwordspiTTer ; 02-14-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo