01-17-2015, 08:03 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, is there a way (that actually works) to remove copy protection on PS3 saves on official firmware?

I want to back up my Star Ocean The Last Hope International PS3 save to my external hard drive. I saw some programs that can maybe do this (didnt test it) (PS3 save resigern, brute force), but how do i open my copy protected save files with these programs? I know this is a noob question maybe but i dont really know where to start reading etc.

I have spent more than 350 hours in this game and i dont want to make a single mistake corrupting my save file or something like that. Please bear with me if a question like this already been answered many times. Maybe a step by step guide would be nice if that possible.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
01-17-2015, 08:13 PM #2
xorissao
Little One
Buy ps plus to backup your saves
01-17-2015, 08:16 PM #3
I suppose there is not a alternate free option isnt it?
01-22-2015, 05:15 AM #4
any other free option maybe?
01-23-2015, 07:25 AM #5
Bounkass
Are you high?
No, unfortunately not. You can, however, start a new game on a modded save without the copyright protection. I do this all the time with CP saves.
01-24-2015, 01:04 PM #6
Do i need a CFW to put a modded save on my OFW?
01-24-2015, 02:18 PM #7
Bounkass
Are you high?
Nope. Just resign the save file to your account.
01-24-2015, 04:14 PM #8
Is there a step by step guide on how to do this correctly (which programs do i need, what information do i need from my PS3 etc.)? Can i earn trophies on that modded save as well? Will my original save file be overwritten or something like that? I want to be sure that i dont do anything wrong because i dont want to lose my save file where i spent more than 400 hours.

What does ''resign'' mean? Does it mean that the save files from others, i need to change it first so that my PSN account or PS3 system recognize this save file as one of mine?

Sorry im not familiar with these kind of things.

Thanks and sorry for my english.
Last edited by classicname ; 01-24-2015 at 04:48 PM.
01-24-2015, 11:52 PM #9
xorissao
Little One
Originally posted by classicname View Post
Is there a step by step guide on how to do this correctly (which programs do i need, what information do i need from my PS3 etc.)? Can i earn trophies on that modded save as well? Will my original save file be overwritten or something like that? I want to be sure that i dont do anything wrong because i dont want to lose my save file where i spent more than 400 hours.

What does ''resign'' mean? Does it mean that the save files from others, i need to change it first so that my PSN account or PS3 system recognize this save file as one of mine?

Sorry im not familiar with these kind of things.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

If you put a save on your ps3 now, it will overwrite your current save.

You just need KG save resigner and uncheck the copy protection from a modded save and resign.

Resign is associate a savefile to a psn id, it needs to be done in order to earn trophies.
01-25-2015, 01:35 AM #10
Bounkass
Are you high?
You're going to have to find someone with a modded PS3, ask them to make a fresh save for you, have them remove the copyright protection and then give it to you. Then you have to resign it and copy it to your PS3 (backup your original file) and restart your game from scratch.

Just get a PS+ free 14 day trial. Then you can copy the files to the server, do whatever it is you need to do then copy it back.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo