03-09-2010, 12:17 AM #1
Mateen
pretty chill guy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Recently there has been a massive amount of threads asking about PS3 headset.

After going through pair after pair, I decided to make this thread on helping YOU decide which on is for you.

Lets Start..

I'm organizing this by price, so the more expensive, higher end ones, are towards the bottom. :p

The Turtle Beach P21/PX21
Originally posted by another user

The Ear Force PX21 integrates premium stereo game sound with crystal-clear communication on the PlayStation Network (PSN), XBOX LIVE® and PC/Mac to create the definitive audio environment for playing popular game titles on all platforms.

The PX21 is two headsets in one—a stereo USB headset for chat sound and an amplified stereo headset for game sound. That means you can independently control chat and game sound from a single control box whether you’re playing PS3, XBOX® or PC games. Large, comfortable ear cups with a lightweight, rugged design provide the ultimate in comfort during extended game play.

The PX21 gives you a significant advantage because you can hear sound cues others can’t, so you’ll react faster and take them out before they take you out. Unique gaming features such as variable bass boost, chat boost, stereo expander and convenient volume controls for chat and game audio, provide a competitive edge that can make the difference between winning and losing.

If you’re serious about your PS3, XBOX 360 or PC gaming, then get serious about the sound. Move up to the Ear Force PX21 and become a better player while experiencing your games as they were meant to be heard.

The P21 was discontinued as of 3/5/10...It was replaced by the PX21, so you can look at that now. The PX21 doesn't have the BEST sound, and it is only 2.1, meaning you can only here if people are coming from the left or right, but it still is really good. The selling points of the PX21/P21's are that they are light and comfortable. You won't get tired of these on your head after hours of gaming. The mic is awesome too, VERY clear.

Price:$79.95
Connectivity:RCA Inputs
Platforms: PS3, XBOX® or PC
My Rating:8/10
Where to buy?:You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Tritton AX720's

Introducing the TRITTON AX 720 high performance gaming audio system.

Specifically designed for the XBox® and PS3® systems, the AX 720 delivers precision audio and superior voice communication. Utilizing Dolby® Digital and Dolby® Headphone technology, the AX720 sets a new benchmark for 2-Channel surround sound headsets. The included Dolby® Digital decoder will take games to new levels creating an impressive 3D audio environment. Precision balanced 40mm drivers provide heart thumping bass and crystal-clear highs. Chat online with your teammates on the XBox®, PS3®, or PC using the detachable microphone. The convenient inline audio controller features independent voice and game volume controls so that you can clearly hear your teammates during those crucial gaming moments. A breakaway cable design will allow you to connect optional cables to your MP3 player or even an iPhone®. Designed for the professional user but priced for every user, improve your game with the AX720.

These are may favorite headsets on the market for the $. They are FULL digital optical sound with 5.1 sound. You can here EXACTLY where people are, including left, right, behind, or in front. They are awesome. However, they are not TRUE 5.1 surround sound, they are simulated speakers. This might not sound good, but it is! These have awesome sound, better than the PX21's, but they are not comfortable. They are kind of heavy, and it can get tiring using them after a while. The mic isn't the best either.

Price:$129.99
Connectivity:Optical Cable ONLY
My Rating: 9/10

Tritton AX PRO's

Introducing the AX Pro - the most versatile gaming headset in the world.

Finally, a true Surround Sound headset with a microphone that will work with your PS3, Xbox 360, and PC/Mac. For the audio or movie enthusiast, the AX Pro is also compatible with any device that features a digital optical or 3.5mm analog 5.1 outputs.

Built on the successful AX360 Platform, the AX Pro features hardware Dolby Digital decoding and eight independent speakers to deliver true 5.1 surround sound audio. Upgraded speakers have been repositioned to provide crisper sound and more accurate 3D positioning. The vibration feature of the AX360 has been replaced by a new subwoofer that delivers improved low end punch and skull rattling bass. Other advancements include an easy to use illuminated inline controller with a microphone mute switch, independent volume control for game chat, and the ability to custom tailor volume levels.

With the ability to connect the microphone via the Xbox 360 controller port, USB, and analog 3.5mm inputs, the AX Pro is the most versatile headset on the market and the only headset you'll ever need.

The Tritton AX PRO's are awesome as well. They offer TRUE 5.1 sound, meaning there are 4 speakers in each cup..which means awesome sound. However it is also a bit too heavy, and uncomfortable. But I don't see the point in paying $50 for TRUE surround sound, as it just isn't worth it, IMO. Full digital as well, with true 5.1 sound.

**Note**
There are two version of the AX PRO's. The more recent model has a BLACK mic, and has a better build quality.
Price:$179.99
Connectivity: RCA or Optical
Rating:9/10

Finally the Astro A40's
Game like a pro with the award winning, state-of-the-art A40 headset. The Astro A40 Headset combines audiophile-grade sound and crystal-clear voice communication with the most user-configurable headset on the planet. Want proof? Give a read through the reviews or check out any MLG event in person and see for yourself.

**Most importantly, the MixAmp (part of the A40 Audio System) MUST be purchased in order to use Xbox Live/PlayStation online voice communication and enable 5.1 Dolby Surround in your A40 Headset.**

Features Include:

* Amazing sound quality - Astro A40 Audio System combines crystal-clear voice communication with high-quality audio to hear your enemies from every direction.

* Fully configurable comfort and style - adjustable headset, quick-disconnect cable, in-line mute switch, user-configurable microphone boom and Astro’s patent-pending removable speaker tags allow you to game in comfort and in style. You can even design your own tag using ASTRO's Speaker Tag Customizer(sold separately)

* Fully loaded - The A40 Headset comes with a quick-disconnect cable and multiple ends: an MixAmp cable (also compatible with portable audio players), and a standard dual-jack PC connector with in-line volume and mute control.

* Carrying Case - Every ASTRO Headset purchase comes with a complimentary, high quality ASTRO branded carrying case perfect for travel.

* Optional Upgrade - The A40 Headset is an excellent standalone headset, but works even better when teamed with the MixAmp.

The A40's are amazing. Everything is awesome...Sound, Comfort, and design. If you have the $$, then BUY THIS!! That is all I have to say, its just ****ing awesome! 5.1 surround sound=win.

Price:$199+$129 for Mixamp ($269.95 @ Amazon)
Connectivity: RCA, Optical, Coaxial
Rating:9.5/10
Where to buy?:[ame=https://www.amazon.com/System-Xbox-360-PlayStation-3-PC/dp/B0019LJ44C]Amazon.com: Astro A40 Audio System - Black: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC: Video Games[/ame]

It really depends on the $$ you have..I didn't feel like I should pay the same amount for my headphones and my system. SO I have the 720's. Its your call..I just wanted to make it easier Smile

That is it for now...I will update this when new headsets come out, etc.

Please ask any questions below!

FAQ

Can I hear footsteps?
-Yes Footsteps are easily heard if they don't have Ninja Pro. You don't even need sitrep. You can still here footsteps if they have ninja pro if you turn your headset up to max. You can also here guns reloading, people talking (cover me I am reloading, etc) and people jumping/falling.

Why is 5.1 surround sound important?

-You can here exactly where they are coming from (left, right, forward, behind), unlike 2.1, which only allows you to here left and right.

Can I adjust the game volume from the chat volume?
Yes on all headset listed you can control the voice and game volumes separately.

If you found this useful, please comment or thank. I will try to respond to most questions!

Thanks Smile
Last edited by Mateen ; 11-22-2010 at 12:36 AM.

The following 29 users say thank you to Mateen for this useful post:

-☃-, ~ModernWarfare~, 0089aj, AgentJon, al9522, Arman M., BatFastard, Cole MacGrath, DiXiEnOrMoUz28, Doctor Stan, EnD*, exTacy Angel, Fukhovedet, glitchplz, himpmund, HSx9, iamdadutchpride, iMAGEi, KillaPwner, Mr. God, nV_mY_sKiLlz, ps3user123, ResistTheSun, stingray67, whackmymeat, Wolf 13, x_MATT, xJoeyPlaysCod, xxSilent_Sniper
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM #11
whackmymeat
Little One
im going to buy the px21s
03-16-2010, 08:34 PM #12
Mateen
pretty chill guy
I am sure you can find them cheaper...

And even though you can't here footsteps behind you..it really isn't that hard to just use common sense to determine where the are coming from.

And No PX21's and P21's are pretty much the same, just a better build quality (P21's were accused of being "cheap")
03-16-2010, 09:15 PM #13
I have Sharkoon X-Tatic V3s, which are very similar to the AX pros, but they are crap and mine have broke twice already :( I'm gonna get either AX720's or the Pro's, any recommendations?
03-16-2010, 09:31 PM #14
battman411
Grey Beard
If any of you guys find these to be too expensive, I recently purchased a pair for Tritton AX180's off ebay for $48 and I find them to work pretty damn good for me.
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM #15
Mateen
pretty chill guy
Originally posted by Dreamy View Post
I have Sharkoon X-Tatic V3s, which are very similar to the AX pros, but they are crap and mine have broke twice already :( I'm gonna get either AX720's or the Pro's, any recommendations?

Depends on how much $$ you want to spend..

If you have $179 go for the pros, just make sure you get the version w/ the black mic, NOT the silver one.

The AX720's are very good as well...

You could by both, and return the one you don't like.

Best of luck to you!
03-16-2010, 11:16 PM #16
Wiind
Error… Cat invasion!
i tellyou what i got a pair of the A40's for my birthday this month and my god they are amazing, yo can hear people walking around about 20 meters away from you... purfect
03-20-2010, 04:41 PM #17
Mateen
pretty chill guy
Originally posted by Wiind View Post
i tellyou what i got a pair of the A40's for my birthday this month and my god they are amazing, yo can hear people walking around about 20 meters away from you... purfect

Yes the A40's are amazing..but they are just too expensive for me
03-20-2010, 07:18 PM #18
HSx9_
Banned
ive got the Turtle beach it is realy good for S&Awesome face
03-21-2010, 02:50 AM #19
got me a Tritton AX
really like ticking people off in MW2 by hearing their footsteps XD

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo