Post: Geohot's mp3 Hex Values = SoundCheck Values for iTunes
03-01-2011, 11:25 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Sorry Guys, i hate to be the bringer of bad news...

i've done some research and those hex values in the comment field are SoundCheck values that iTunes uses to adjust the volume of your music when the SoundCheck feature is enabled in iTunes.

For MP3s, iTunes stores values are in the Comments field

Here's theYou must login or register to view this content.it's from 2006, way before any of this.

The following 9 users say thank you to NextGenTactics for this useful post:

Asmel, CL-BlackOps-CL, Eltrickster977, Galbiy, lynch_96, Peirau, uhChad, xd366
03-02-2011, 12:15 AM #11
XD I knew they weren't the keysNo
03-02-2011, 12:17 AM #12
Originally posted by firefox7 View Post
but why would geohot even want to post the mp3 download of this song?

Good point. If this wasn't what he left for us to find, he must of left SOMETHING. I mean he's a computer geek right? (not to insult him but it's true) Maybe he coded something into the file? I'm not so good with computers so i wouldn't know how to look for it but if someone else could take a look that'd be great.
03-02-2011, 12:18 AM #13
cdkane
Pokemon Trainer
Would have been cool if that is what he did though. Very sneaky....
I doubt he is going to do much more work on this in the short term. Seems like graf might be the one to figure it out if he works on it.
03-02-2011, 12:24 AM #14
Platinum G
I’m too L33T
lol @ everyone now saying.. " i knew they were not the keys, i was telling everyone, including my postman and the milkman, and they still didn't believe me "

Happy
03-02-2011, 12:50 AM #15
did u guys see the part where it says
STICKING it to the man....legally........isnt it weird @@STICKING@@ and also MAN =PS3.and the word LEGALLY (means like no pirated games)

i am just saying ,,, can be a coincidence
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM #16
DCLXVI
Smoke weed.
Originally posted by NextGenTactics View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Sorry Guys, i hate to be the bringer of bad news...

i've done some research and those hex values in the comment field are SoundCheck values that iTunes uses to adjust the volume of your music when the SoundCheck feature is enabled in iTunes.

For MP3s, iTunes stores values are in the Comments field

Here's theYou must login or register to view this content.it's from 2006, way before any of this.

Or thats what geohot wants sony to think.. Winky Winky
03-02-2011, 02:25 AM #17
Reaper
The Grim Reaper
I knew it would be something like this. I think GeoHot would have gave out more of a hint if they were. Winky Winky
03-02-2011, 02:41 AM #18
Alfa
Banned
Originally posted by xd366 View Post
i said that earlier. nobody listened to me though. xD. theyre all like "no theyre the 3.56 keys or a way to get them omfgzzzz!!" /facepalm Smile.

ur sig made me cum multiple times in my pants... thanks now i need to put a new pair on you dick :carling:
03-02-2011, 10:49 AM #19
No matter what it says it wont change the fact that Geohot is awesome =D.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo