Post: MY PS3 KEEPS TURNING OFF, What is the problem&How can I fix it?
06-26-2011, 07:23 PM #1
King Dylan
Problem Sir?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Awrite guys? Well my PS3 just turned off randomly and I turn it back on and this is what happened.......... Someone please help :/.

- I looked behind the PS3 and there was my digital box behind the vent at the back so im asuming it's something to do with overheating.. Someone help -

^^^^

PS3 BETTER NOT BE DEAD :(.
06-26-2011, 08:16 PM #11
FlutterShy
Big Daddy
Originally posted by TehScotsman View Post
Awrite guys? Well my PS3 just turned off randomly and I turn it back on and this is what happened.......... Someone please help :/.

- I looked behind the PS3 and there was my digital box behind the vent at the back so im asuming it's something to do with overheating.. Someone help -

^^^^

Most Likely YLOD.
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM #12
Nas.
I AM Keep-It-X-Rated
There probably wasn't a good air circulation in/around for your ps3 to breath or there could be a lot of dust in it and that causing it not to breath well. If you have a compressed air can , you could use that tonged all the dirt out. I've done it to my playstation before and I was shocked to see how much dust was in there.
06-26-2011, 08:43 PM #13
Devil
Retired
Awrite guys? Well my PS3 just turned off randomly and I turn it back on and this is what happened.......... Someone please help :/.

^^^^

this is wats happened to a few of my PS3s, i think its basiclly on its way to a YLOD.
wat i did was took it apart and held a heat gun over the CPU and GPU for about 15 secs each and tht seems to do the trick for me.
If ur not sure how to do this jus follow a YLOD Fix vid on youtube and u cant go wrong

Hope this helps :evil:
06-26-2011, 08:51 PM #14
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
My YLoD tut should be back up soon, you can follow that if you decide to try to fix it
06-26-2011, 09:35 PM #15
King Dylan
Problem Sir?
Originally posted by Greeves View Post
How long have you had it?

About 3-4 years.
06-26-2011, 09:42 PM #16
Gotham_Shadow
Do or Do Not, There is No Try
You are officially near a YLOD at this point mate. I believe (pending what model of PSU) is the power supply unit going bad. A new one can run about $25, and I would put some new thermal paste on the CPU/GPU. That should solve your issues.
06-27-2011, 03:11 PM #17
Greeves
Little One
About 3-4 years.

It's probably worn out then mate.
06-27-2011, 07:18 PM #18
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
About 3-4 years.

Here's my YLoD fix tutorial if you want to fix yourself: You must login or register to view this content.
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM #19
King Dylan
Problem Sir?
It's ok guys, I phoned up my uncle and he had the same problem and he got his friend to fix so he's getting him to fix mine, Thanks for all the help guys.. Very appreciated!!

Moderators, Please close Smile.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo