11-14-2011, 12:23 AM #1
blurrz
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Problem: My PS3 displays An Ethernet cable is not connected almost immediately after logging in. I am connected through a Linksys E2000 router.

If I reset the cable modem, it will work for 10-15 minutes until it errors out again. If I plug the PS3 directly into the cable modem, it works fine. I'm really confused.

1. I do not believe it is the router, as my computer is also connected to the router, and works fine. My Touchpad is connected wirelessly and also works fine.

2. I do not believe it is the PS3, because it works fine if I plug it directly into the cable modem. I tried switching to wireless and it finds a lot of other signals (including mine, but I have the same problem if I choose wireless).

I first had this problem with a launch PS3 and a Netgear router after almost three years of no problems. This was back in November 2010.

I replaced it with a Linksys E2000 router in January 2011, and a slim PS3 in late September 2011 after my launch PS3 broke.

I had no problems from January until last weekend. I have tried the DMZ settings, but no luck. I have also tried to set the primary and secondary DNS to 4.2.2.1.

Does anyone have any insight? If I need to buy a new router, I will, but I don't understand because it works for my computer and Touchpad. Is it something crazy like when November comes, my internet settings get corrupted?
11-15-2011, 04:54 AM #2
Originally posted by blurrz View Post
problem: My ps3 displays an ethernet cable is not connected almost immediately after logging in. I am connected through a linksys e2000 router.

If i reset the cable modem, it will work for 10-15 minutes until it errors out again. If i plug the ps3 directly into the cable modem, it works fine. I'm really confused.

1. i do not believe it is the router, as my computer is also connected to the router, and works fine. My touchpad is connected wirelessly and also works fine.

2. i do not believe it is the ps3, because it works fine if i plug it directly into the cable modem. I tried switching to wireless and it finds a lot of other signals (including mine, but i have the same problem if i choose wireless).

I first had this problem with a launch ps3 and a netgear router after almost three years of no problems. This was back in november 2010.

I replaced it with a linksys e2000 router in january 2011, and a slim ps3 in late september 2011 after my launch ps3 broke.

I had no problems from january until last weekend. I have tried the dmz settings, but no luck. I have also tried to set the primary and secondary dns to 4.2.2.1.

Does anyone have any insight? If i need to buy a new router, i will, but i don't understand because it works for my computer and touchpad. Is it something crazy like when november comes, my internet settings get corrupted?

its either your connection is just shit your eithernet cord or your router needs to be reset well un plugged and plug it back in or your cord is broken check to make shure the clips click in

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo