Post: Hackers Release PlayStation 3 "LV0 Decryption Keys"
10-24-2012, 03:14 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Dunno how well this was known, but this apparently made big news today.

You must login or register to view this content.

A new PlayStation Network-enabled custom firmware was released a few days ago, which is bad enough in its own right, but the real trouble comes from the follow-up release of the "LV0 decryption key," because that allows any changes Sony makes to the PSN security code to be decrypted "with little or no effort." Access to the LV0 key means that PS3 firmware packages can be decrypted on a PC, then re-encrypted with existing firmware 3.55 keys in order to run on hacked consoles.

The following user thanked xxtaylorxx for this useful post:

DeNoMix
10-25-2012, 04:28 PM #11
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
Originally posted by Mike
i'm not sure to understand does it mean soon someone will release a jailbreak that ain't 3.55 like i mean ofw 3.56 to cfw 3.56 or 4.25 ofw to cfw 4.25 (u got the point). lol quote plz

o thanks to informe me!

At the moment, this only benefits those on a console with OFW/CFW 3.55 or below, however, it is a step closer for those on higher OFW towards a jailbroken console. If I recall correctly, there are a few devs (I don't remember any names) currently trying to create a new jailbreak for the PS3 with the lv0 keys.
10-25-2012, 04:38 PM #12
1.MostWanted
K i l l e r b e r g
this is nice :P
10-25-2012, 06:52 PM #13
JKLAZ
Who’s Jim Erased?
I can't wait for a 4.30 jb

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo