Post: Discussion: Battlefield 4 Coming To PS4 Or Xbox 720
03-27-2013, 06:49 PM #1
xFlavez
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys Gandalf's Bish here and I would like to share some information with you guys on a Discussion on whether Battlefield 4 is coming to PS3 or Xbox 720. I have been reading and looking at various peices of information about this Discussion and decided that I would post a Thread about it to let you guys see it for yourself and not only that but to post your own opinions on what you think.

You must login or register to view this content.

Discussion about DICE not giving out information on the new Battlefield 4, For PS4 or Xbox 720:

DICE has refused to confirm whether or not Battlefield 4 will release on PlayStation 4 or Microsoft's next-gen Xbox.

Creative Director Lars Gustavsson said that he "cannot" confirm DICE's next-gen plans for Battlefield 4, despite the reveal of the studio"s new high-end engine Frostbite 3.

"It's more because here, right now, we want the focus to be on the single-player demo," Gustavsson replied, when we asked why the developer couldn’t confirm whether Battlefield 4 is heading to next-gen platforms.

"When we built this engine, I think we already felt when we did Battlefield 3 with Frostbite 2 that it was kind of a power horse. It had enormous potential. We talked then about next-generation technology on the current generation of platforms, and I still have that feeling that we've done so many tech improvements in that engine that are, in many ways, just making things look more beautiful for a cheaper cost."

Despite DICE's official line, however, Frostbite 3's senior development director Carl Almgren appeared to drop hints at a next-gen release during a separate discussion detailing the new engine.

Dice said, We wanted to take full use of the existing consoles," said Almgren, discussing the reasons behind developing Frostbite 3, "but even more importantly higher multi-core PC platforms. Since 2011 we firmly believed that this would be the base for all future platforms."

Battlefield 4 is currently confirmed for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The game will not be released on Wii U.

But why won't DICE confirm or deny a next-gen release? Could a next-gen Battlefield 4 announcement be planned for Microsoft's next-gen Xbox reveal?

Please leave your thought's and queries below on what you think about this Discussion

The following 6 users say thank you to xFlavez for this useful post:

Gandalf, User23434, Omshivam, Pinch-_The-Kuba, TheUKzFinest
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM #11
killer14kk
Bounty hunter
awesome i hope most pc features are on ps4
04-25-2013, 08:07 AM #12
B o n e
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
I hope it comes out for PS4 so I don't have to get it for PS3... But I bet they won't reveal it for PS4/720 until its released on PS3/360 so people have to buy it.. Then when next gen consoles are released they might announce it but who knows?
05-04-2013, 06:16 PM #13
PlatDawg
Do a barrel roll!
I've read on numerous sites PS4 version will be 32 vs 32 players.
05-05-2013, 08:21 PM #14
Idk, my favorite battlefield was bad company 2, I wasen't a fan of the third even though i bought it the first day it came out so ill most likely watch many playthroughs before im willing to spend any money

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo