Post: Discussion: Battlefield 4 Coming To PS4 Or Xbox 720
03-27-2013, 06:49 PM #1
xFlavez
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys Gandalf's Bish here and I would like to share some information with you guys on a Discussion on whether Battlefield 4 is coming to PS3 or Xbox 720. I have been reading and looking at various peices of information about this Discussion and decided that I would post a Thread about it to let you guys see it for yourself and not only that but to post your own opinions on what you think.

You must login or register to view this content.

Discussion about DICE not giving out information on the new Battlefield 4, For PS4 or Xbox 720:

DICE has refused to confirm whether or not Battlefield 4 will release on PlayStation 4 or Microsoft's next-gen Xbox.

Creative Director Lars Gustavsson said that he "cannot" confirm DICE's next-gen plans for Battlefield 4, despite the reveal of the studio"s new high-end engine Frostbite 3.

"It's more because here, right now, we want the focus to be on the single-player demo," Gustavsson replied, when we asked why the developer couldn’t confirm whether Battlefield 4 is heading to next-gen platforms.

"When we built this engine, I think we already felt when we did Battlefield 3 with Frostbite 2 that it was kind of a power horse. It had enormous potential. We talked then about next-generation technology on the current generation of platforms, and I still have that feeling that we've done so many tech improvements in that engine that are, in many ways, just making things look more beautiful for a cheaper cost."

Despite DICE's official line, however, Frostbite 3's senior development director Carl Almgren appeared to drop hints at a next-gen release during a separate discussion detailing the new engine.

Dice said, We wanted to take full use of the existing consoles," said Almgren, discussing the reasons behind developing Frostbite 3, "but even more importantly higher multi-core PC platforms. Since 2011 we firmly believed that this would be the base for all future platforms."

Battlefield 4 is currently confirmed for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The game will not be released on Wii U.

But why won't DICE confirm or deny a next-gen release? Could a next-gen Battlefield 4 announcement be planned for Microsoft's next-gen Xbox reveal?

Please leave your thought's and queries below on what you think about this Discussion

The following 6 users say thank you to xFlavez for this useful post:

Gandalf, User23434, Omshivam, Pinch-_The-Kuba, TheUKzFinest
03-27-2013, 07:17 PM #2
Millz
Worth the Weight
Well it's coming to PC so I'm good Winky Winky
03-27-2013, 07:17 PM #3
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
inb4 it's PS4 exclusive. :carling:

inb4 negs from xbox fanboys
03-27-2013, 07:19 PM #4
Gandalf
Gandalf the Orange
Should be a good game... though I am not sure how fast I will be picking up a PS4.
Probably wait for the first price drop
03-27-2013, 07:28 PM #5
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by xFLAMeHD
If it's going to come for PS4 I won't buy it until I have/buy a PS4. stare

Same! I am kind at a crossroads over a number of games.. I kind of wanted to put my PS3 into retirement once the PS4 came out.

But there are a couple games that are iffy and I don't like the concept of "cloud gaming"... I prefer downloading a game to the streaming concept.
04-13-2013, 04:02 PM #6
i will be the first game for my PS4 Smile)
04-13-2013, 04:25 PM #7
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
It will be one of the first, if not the first game that I will purchase for PS4.
04-21-2013, 10:00 PM #8
This game is going to be the absolute don. Smile
04-21-2013, 10:34 PM #9
Rogue_Diamond
⚔ Troooophies ⚔
Originally posted by vT View Post
Hey guys Gandalf's Bish here and I would like to share some information with you guys on a Discussion on whether Battlefield 4 is coming to PS3 or Xbox 720. I have been reading and looking at various peices of information about this Discussion and decided that I would post a Thread about it to let you guys see it for yourself and not only that but to post your own opinions on what you think.

You must login or register to view this content.

Discussion about DICE not giving out information on the new Battlefield 4, For PS4 or Xbox 720:

DICE has refused to confirm whether or not Battlefield 4 will release on PlayStation 4 or Microsoft's next-gen Xbox.

Creative Director Lars Gustavsson said that he "cannot" confirm DICE's next-gen plans for Battlefield 4, despite the reveal of the studio"s new high-end engine Frostbite 3.

"It's more because here, right now, we want the focus to be on the single-player demo," Gustavsson replied, when we asked why the developer couldn’t confirm whether Battlefield 4 is heading to next-gen platforms.

"When we built this engine, I think we already felt when we did Battlefield 3 with Frostbite 2 that it was kind of a power horse. It had enormous potential. We talked then about next-generation technology on the current generation of platforms, and I still have that feeling that we've done so many tech improvements in that engine that are, in many ways, just making things look more beautiful for a cheaper cost."

Despite DICE's official line, however, Frostbite 3's senior development director Carl Almgren appeared to drop hints at a next-gen release during a separate discussion detailing the new engine.

Dice said, We wanted to take full use of the existing consoles," said Almgren, discussing the reasons behind developing Frostbite 3, "but even more importantly higher multi-core PC platforms. Since 2011 we firmly believed that this would be the base for all future platforms."

Battlefield 4 is currently confirmed for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The game will not be released on Wii U.

But why won't DICE confirm or deny a next-gen release? Could a next-gen Battlefield 4 announcement be planned for Microsoft's next-gen Xbox reveal?

Please leave your thought's and queries below on what you think about this Discussion

so hope there is bf4 i love bf3 would be a great decision to make another fingers crossed
04-21-2013, 11:18 PM #10
DinoFreak
I'm le back
Mainly I think its gonna be for ps4, I mean xbox allways gets everything first.
So yeah.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo