10-20-2009, 02:12 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
This has probably been posted before But im collecting all the evidence and reviewing it. It has been Rumoured that Grand theft Auto 5 is going too be a PS3 exclusive. Yeah I know GTA: IV was also rumoured too be a PS3 exclusive But heres why it may not have been.

• In a recent 2009 interview Sam Houser (Co-Founder) of Rockstar revealed that they were only just getting "Comfortable" coding for the PS3 but had not "Cracked it yet"
  • The Economy was in a Mess so they may have took the option too Make more money. And you may be thinking they have plenty of money but It would help if a Rockstar Sub Company.i.e Rockstar Leeds (My Hometown) created a game that flopped They could help them Financially
  • Also its been rumoured GTA:IV was just a template. As it was the first Next Gen Gta the Rockstar Team had worked on.
  • Or it could have been the sheer fact Dan Houser is a Xbox 360 Fanboy.

Its cant be Sam who's the Xbox Fanboy as in this Interview it seems he Like the PS3. And as I said earlier it could have been their intention to make GTA:IV a PS3 exclusive but they didn't realise they coding was so difficult so decided too get a few more years experience with the Console.

[WS]<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/G-O8XZHvvZI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/G-O8XZHvvZI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>[/WS]

You get the impression he Likes the PS3 and is grateful too Sony for creating this Powerhouse - But this interview was back in 2005 He wont have realised back then How difficult it was Creating games for the PS3.

In another recent Interview Houser has Said Xbox 360 is not going to be able too hold GTA:V on a standard disc. "If we're filling up the disc right now, where are we going? It's not like our games are going to get any smaller." All the Data for GTA IV on Xbox 360 had too be compressed as it wouldn't fit on the disc uncompressed.
Also the 360 doesn't come with a HDD as 'standard'.

Take this into Account a disc can hold for:-

Xbox 360 = 9GB

PS3= 25GB (single Layer) 50GB (Dual Layer) - Pioneer have developed a 400GB disc and are Working on a 1TB disc (Terabyte) !!

It has also been Rumoured that a Sony representative has handed Rockstar a Signed Blank Cheque For the Exclusivity of GTA:V.- (Rockstar can Write a sum of Money) - Although I believe thats BS too be Honest. :p

Well taking everthing into Account

• GTA:V not fitting on Xbox 360 discs.
  • Rockstar now becoming more 'comfortable' with blu-ray and the PS3.
  • and the Fact Sam & Dan love too create great games In which Ps3 is the Only way. :p
  • Also the fact Sam seems too like the PS3 console and see's the potential of what it can do.

I think we may be seeing. GTA:V a PS3 exclusive in 2010 or 2011 unless Microsoft create a New console by then. Otherwise I think Rockstar will Give the Job of creating DLC for GTA:IVon XBOX to a Sub Company. While PS3 users will be playing GTA:IV. Imean cmon they've got enough money now it about time we see the full potential of the GTA series instead of being held back by Inferior 360.

Well you've seen the facts What do you think? And I will be updating this as more info is released .
[/CENTER][/B]

REP or Thank.
Last edited by Pro-Green ; 10-20-2009 at 02:41 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Pro-Green for this useful post:

born2destroy, Doctor Stan, MBO, Naz, u|K Frank
12-14-2009, 01:56 PM #20
Darksun
Little One
Originally posted by another user
Again, as I said many times before the game is most likely not to be an exclusive. The fact that they will lose probably over half of their customers which means half the money, and that the franchise isn't owned by either Microsoft or Sony, neither have any deals with Rockstar.

That would suck for PS3 owners. We would love to have a GTA that would use the full power of the PS3. Imagine GTA3 San Andreas...but much bigger, more detailed, cars.....omg, I'm drooling over the possibilities that never will be because of....X-Box.
12-14-2009, 06:18 PM #21
Just check around the internet, im not sure if the next gta will be an exclusice but a rockstar made game cailed LA Noir will be ps3 exclusive.
12-15-2009, 02:41 AM #22
CyberNinj4x
Do a barrel roll!
Guy listen when I talk about rockstar I know the devs personally. Anyway thats another story but Rockstar would go PS3 for the money if it was right, if sony gave them support which was lacking last time and caused the delay and if it wasnt possible to improve on the xbox 360s GTA IV. The reason behind the new PS3 only IP. To test the water for GTA V. Frankly thats why "the agent"s being made. Also GTA started on the PC. BTFW!
04-03-2010, 12:30 AM #23
Originally posted by Glitch3r View Post
The Xbox 360 isn't slowing it down in anyway. It's slowing it down about the same rate as the PS3's processor, which is stated to be very hard to develop for.

Think about the possibilities if Project Natal was implemented in to the game.

Again, as I said many times before the game is most likely not to be an exclusive. The fact that they will lose probably over half of their customers which means half the money, and that the franchise isn't owned by either Microsoft or Sony, neither have any deals with Rockstar.

• Isnt Slowing it down in any way ?, GTA Roughly uses 9gb (Xbox 360 discs capacity) Whereas PS3 exclusives are using almost four times that (GOW 3 was 35gb). Also the Video was taken years ago they've now had time too learn about the processor. Also Rockstar are also developing two New IP PS3 exclusives "L.A Noir" & "Agent". Thes will probably be too test the water for GTA V and get a better understanding of the PS3 processor.

• If the GTA series seems too you like it would fit in the Eye-Toy rip off gimic Natal. Then i suggest you GTFO.

• The Franchise started off on Sony's console. Rockstar are creating two exclusives already for the PS3 , Rockstar are loaded they've got Studios across the globe developing High Quality games all year round probably aint init for the money much anymore. Also GTA is a console seller in my opinion so it doesn't matter if they lose half of their customers on 360 as most of them will just buy a PS3.

Last edited by Pro-Green ; 04-03-2010 at 12:36 AM.

The following user thanked Pro-Green for this useful post:

I_0wn_c0re_n00b
04-06-2010, 11:35 AM #24
I thought the only PS3-exclusive game that Rockstar was working on was AGENT?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo