08-05-2018, 12:29 PM #1
OperatorVex
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); so im new to this site didnt know this was a thing but i have a few questions to wich i cant seems to find a answer, so my first question is my PS4 is on 5.55 will i be able to use other peoples saves? my second question is does it work for digital games since im mainly here for The Evil Within 2 wich i have digital so i actually have no idea if it works for digital games and what the region code is and* how can i check what code i need to have? for it to work
08-05-2018, 12:34 PM #2
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Originally posted by OperatorVex View Post
so im new to this site didnt know this was a thing but i have a few questions to wich i cant seems to find a answer, so my first question is my PS4 is on 5.55 will i be able to use other peoples saves? my second question is does it work for digital games since im mainly here for The Evil Within 2 wich i have digital so i actually have no idea if it works for digital games and what the region code is and* how can i check what code i need to have? for it to work

Yes it works but you need the save resigner Save Wizard to do it

and about the digital part some games have a diffrent CUSA code for digital and disc for disc games you can check the CUSA on the small side of the case for digital games you can see the CUSA in the ps store here on the internet in the url

here is the Evil Within 2 in the belgium store (EU) You must login or register to view this content. <- CUSA06164

here is the Evil Within 2 in the US store You must login or register to view this content. <- CUSA06166

im not aware if this game has diffrent CUSA's for limited editions.

The following user thanked Wosley for this useful post:

aeneax
08-05-2018, 02:56 PM #3
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
If you're US region, fewer games have differences between digital and disc for CUSA numbers, but it still happens. I'm US and I think the only one of my games where there's been a difference has been for The Witcher 3, and that wasn't digital versus disc, just regular edition versus Game of the Year edition. The EU region tends to have more CUSA numbers for the same game, generally, and not just because of disc vs. digital. Sometimes a country only allow censored versions of a game, so the save data is different.

There are at least 3 different CUSAs for The Evil Within 2 in the EU region. While I don't have The Evil Within 2, from what I can find on the interwebs it looks like the CUSA is the same for both disc and digital for US region. But I'm not positive, and I'm unsure of your region.

One way to check is if you already have a save from The Evil Within 2 on your PS4. Copy it to a USB stick and pop that in a PC. Navigate to the save on your USB from your PC. The folder should be, within the USB, first under PS4, then "savedata", then a string of numbers which is your PS4's PSN ID number which you would be giving to Save Wizard to let it know how to resign saves to your profile. In that folder (still on your PC), you'll see a bunch of CUSA numbers, one for each game with saves on your USB. If you can spot which one is The Evil Within 2, probably by the date and time you copied it from your PS4 to your USB, you'll know the CUSA number of your particular version of The Evil Within 2. That should apply no matter what region you are in and no matter whether it is disc or digital.

Something else to note though is that even if your CUSA does not match up to the CUSA of the saves you want to use, since Save Wizard supports this game, you MIGHT be able to change the region of whatever saves you want. I say "might" because it only works if Save Wizard supports Advanced Mode with the game, not just Quick Mode. It's a bit more complex and involves some hex editing (I think), but if if it can be done with this game then a US user could re-region and resign EU or even AU and other saves and use them on a US version of the game, or the other way around. Never done it myself, but there are tutorials around here somewhere. I know the original Evil Within had advanced mode support with Save Wizard, but unsure about the sequel.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the community.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

Wosley

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo