10-28-2014, 05:07 PM #1
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU
11-12-2014, 03:38 AM #29
Originally posted by Warrior View Post
turn off cfw syscalls. lol

Facepalm Sony probably has better security than that. Meaning, they will detect it even if you do that. They're not gonna fuck up again, so they are gonna put security as their #1 priority.
11-12-2014, 04:02 AM #30
Turk_Warrior
League Champion
Originally posted by YouViolateMe View Post
Facepalm Sony probably has better security than that. Meaning, they will detect it even if you do that. They're not gonna fuck up again, so they are gonna put security as their #1 priority.

Haha then you dont know your crap there using the same shit as the ps3 i am pretty sure there shit is the same as ps3.
11-12-2014, 05:07 AM #31
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by Zack. View Post
Agreed. Sony isn't going to fuck up as easy as the did last time.

This statement is idiotic and naive.

Do you realize how difficult it was to achieve "modded firmware"?

They had to stop the PS3 and slow down the electrical components to get the memory at the right time, at which they compared leaks from a hypervisor exploit, and used math to find the key 'K' which was supposed to be random which otherwise would never have been found.

Sony messed up on 3 parts but in no means was it their fault, and probably more advanced and cryptic then you will ever get to achieve.

Don't look down on them as some dumb company, it was a legit mistake (although the random key generation was a fail) and could happen (and does) to most systems.

The following user thanked Jakes625 for this useful post:

BuFu_EVO
11-12-2014, 05:08 AM #32
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by Warrior View Post
Haha then you dont know your crap there using the same shit as the ps3 i am pretty sure there shit is the same as ps3.

They are using an entire different kernal version of an entire different operating system in which they modified. Not a lot was kept similar except for some file headers or various items.

The following 2 users say thank you to Jakes625 for this useful post:

BuFu_EVO, YouViolateMe
11-12-2014, 06:34 AM #33
Jewels
I’m too L33T
Exploit won't be available for PS4 for a very long time..
11-12-2014, 12:02 PM #34
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
They are using an entire different kernal version of an entire different operating system in which they modified. Not a lot was kept similar except for some file headers or various items.

Exactly.
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM #35
I'm sure Sony is smart enough to understand preventing firmware files being uploaded through a USB exploit that you are talking about, its been done before in websites sure it can't be difficult to do. But to the people who say they won't make a security mistake like they did on the ps3 all I can say is humans designed the system we make mistakes and everything is vulnerable.

The following user thanked B1G_BaNaNNa for this useful post:

ogpayne
11-12-2014, 02:51 PM #36
Zack.
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
This statement is idiotic and naive.

Do you realize how difficult it was to achieve "modded firmware"?

They had to stop the PS3 and slow down the electrical components to get the memory at the right time, at which they compared leaks from a hypervisor exploit, and used math to find the key 'K' which was supposed to be random which otherwise would never have been found.

Sony messed up on 3 parts but in no means was it their fault, and probably more advanced and cryptic then you will ever get to achieve.

Don't look down on them as some dumb company, it was a legit mistake (although the random key generation was a fail) and could happen (and does) to most systems.

Do you even know what I meant by saying that?

I wasn't bashing Sony. If anything, I am a "Sony fanboy". Before you go and try to make someone look stupid, ask them what they meant in their statement. The only thing I blamed them for was the key gen fail.
11-12-2014, 07:05 PM #37
Originally posted by ogpayne View Post
Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU

I have been seeing alot of talk about exploits on playstation4 but i dont understand most of it ...is this really starting to happen ive just had a paper weight for months now.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo