Post: Rumors of a 2.50 PS4 Custom Firmware sparkle the scene
03-22-2016, 01:52 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Rumors of an incoming PS4 CFW based on a 2.50 exploit started to ignite the scene today. Initiating from website pshax.com (which, as far as I can tell, has no track record of ever releasing anything useful to the hacking scene), the rumor started spreading to more trusted scene websites earlier today.

Which means now I have to take it seriously and talk about it.

Let me be clear: my ***-o-meter is blinking red all over the place on this announce and I personally don’t trust it at all, but hey, I’ve been wrong before, so who knows.

However, here are my concerns:

The rumor initiates from a site that has never been the source of a significant scene release.

The rumor comes from a 17 year old “developer” whose only contribution to the programming world so far has been a PS Vita PSM App which, judging by You must login or register to view this content., does not speak in favor of the programmer’s skills. That developer has a You must login or register to view this content. in it. The developer’s website has a “store” section, which, besides the source code for her own game, is selling low value (not in price, but in actual usefulness) or questionable content, including what appears to be an ebook not written by her, and which is most likely copyright infringement.

The developer’s “plan” to share the CFW is to ask a bunch of random people to subscribe to their site. Now, in my experience, skilled hackers associate with other skilled hacker to discuss their findings and share it secretly, before doing wider public releases. They do not ask people to enter their email address to be part of some sort of mailing list for “future announcements”.

If, despite all these red flags, you think this rumor has any chance of being true, you can give your email address to their site below. To me, this is at best vaporware, and at worst a technique from this “developer” to bring attention to her website, or worse, to build a mailing list that she might use to promote unrelated products in the future.

You must login or register to view this content.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following user groaned Hydrogen for this awful post:

x_com
03-22-2016, 01:57 AM #2
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Rumors of an incoming PS4 CFW based on a 2.50 exploit started to ignite the scene today. Initiating from website pshax.com (which, as far as I can tell, has no track record of ever releasing anything useful to the hacking scene), the rumor started spreading to more trusted scene websites earlier today.

Let me be clear: my ***-o-meter is blinking red all over the place on this announce and I personally don’t trust it at all, but hey, I’ve been wrong before, so who knows.

The rumor initiates from a site that has never been the source of a significant scene release.

The rumor comes from a 17 year old “developer” whose only contribution to the programming world so far has been a PS Vita PSM App which, judging by You must login or register to view this content., does not speak in favor of the programmer’s skills. That developer has a You must login or register to view this content. in it. The developer’s website has a “store” section, which, besides the source code for her own game, is selling low value (not in price, but in actual usefulness) or questionable content, including what appears to be an ebook not written by her, and which is most likely copyright infringement.

The developer’s “plan” to share the CFW is to ask a bunch of random people to subscribe to their site. Now, in my experience, skilled hackers associate with other skilled hacker to discuss their findings and share it secretly, before doing wider public releases. They do not ask people to enter their email address to be part of some sort of mailing list for “future announcements”.

If, despite all these red flags, you think this rumor has any chance of being true, you can give your email address to their site below. To me, this is at best vaporware, and at worst a technique from this “developer” to bring attention to her website, or worse, to build a mailing list that she might use to promote unrelated products in the future.

Yeah this just reeks of BS.
03-22-2016, 04:25 AM #3
Best Mate
Dark Knight
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Rumors of an incoming PS4 CFW based on a 2.50 exploit started to ignite the scene today. Initiating from website pshax.com (which, as far as I can tell, has no track record of ever releasing anything useful to the hacking scene), the rumor started spreading to more trusted scene websites earlier today.

I don't want to waste my time reading all this so I guess you're saying its BS.
03-22-2016, 04:30 AM #4
OfficialJesseP
How's it going, eh?
Originally posted by Best
I don't want to waste my time reading all this so I guess you're saying its BS.

Pretty much. It didn't come from a reputable source so yeah it's most likely BS.
03-22-2016, 04:34 AM #5
Best Mate
Dark Knight
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post
Pretty much. It didn't come from a reputable source so yeah it's most likely BS.

I think OP should've just said everything you said to avoid having to write a lot.
03-24-2016, 03:45 PM #6
Originally posted by xJustJesse View Post

Wololo is as reputable as PS3hax.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo