Post: PS4 3.50 Webkit Exploit from PlayStation 4 Dev Qwertyoruiop!
05-20-2016, 08:50 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, Hydrogen here! We have received another great exciting news from PS4 Developers. So last month they had released a PS4 Webkit Exploit 2.XX Proof of Concept. Today it has been said that PS4 Dev. Qwertyoruiop tweeted some information on the 3.50 PS4 Webkit from the Github which you can find here below.

Also to quote another user from another forum which I can't share the link to the forum since it isn't allowed here on NextGenUpdate, BUT I will share with you all what PS4BOT had to say!

"Hey,

I felt i needed to share with you guys as this is going to public.... Which i wasn't really hoping for but ah well. As you can see below Qwerty is about to post heap use-after-free at WebCore::TimerBase::heapPopMin() public. I do currently have the POC but i am not sharing. I guess 3.50 is now going to be the golden firmware hey"

Cheers, Hydrogen! Hi

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 10-18-2016 at 07:20 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

gopro_2027, jazrawi_ae, JimmysModz-, KobraEnterprises, mishary-1212, OG Trojan041, Jon Snow, xNIGHTMAREM0DZx, XxBlud23xX
05-21-2016, 03:28 PM #11
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
but what can be done with it ?

Webkit Exploits entry points renders webpages in the browsers of mainly every console. It's a Open Source Layout Engine. Some firmwares of webkits are vulnerable to some stuff which can be very informative to other hackers in the scene if they publish it. From there, others can bite off their discoveries, and continue on finding things.
05-21-2016, 06:25 PM #12
gopro_2027
Vault dweller
Originally posted by Hydrogod View Post
Webkit Exploits entry points renders webpages in the browsers of mainly every console. It's a Open Source Layout Engine. Some firmwares of webkits are vulnerable to some stuff which can be very informative to other hackers in the scene if they publish it. From there, others can bite off their discoveries, and continue on finding things.

if i experiment with the webkit exploits what are my chances of getting banned? Can they detect you using such exploits?
05-21-2016, 06:32 PM #13
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by 2027 View Post
if i experiment with the webkit exploits what are my chances of getting banned? Can they detect you using such exploits?

This only works on 1.76. If you're not a Dev/Rev Eng. I suggest to not mess with the process of jailbreaking for the moment. I don't actually know since this came out yesterday, and i've never tried it myself. I wouldn't know if a"brick" could be possible in the process if you mess up. Detect what? You wont be online with the firmware so you shouldn't worry about it. No ban should be involved since you can't hop online.
05-21-2016, 08:38 PM #14
SharkModding
Do a barrel roll!
Naw im pretty sure we can get webkit for 3.xx and maybe 2.xx i really think it would be funny if sony put out a update 3.55 again an it got jailbroken again lmao but i think sony will skip the 3.55 this time
05-23-2016, 01:47 AM #15
Dog88Christian
Hail to the King, Baby!
Originally posted by SharkModding View Post
Naw im pretty sure we can get webkit for 3.xx and maybe 2.xx i really think it would be funny if sony put out a update 3.55 again an it got jailbroken again lmao but i think sony will skip the 3.55 this time

That's what I've been saying, that'd be badass if it was on 3.55 again lol. It would probably get more attention too.
05-23-2016, 07:16 AM #16
SharkModding
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Dog88Christian View Post
That's what I've been saying, that'd be badass if it was on 3.55 again lol. It would probably get more attention too.

true true

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo