10-31-2016, 03:47 AM #1
HeroWin
Java Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Making this thread spite the fact that half of this community does'nt*truelly understand the fundamentals of exploitation. The general modder only knows how to *leech, copy files, and mod games and make rtm tools so I want to educate the community on how the ps4 is being currently exploiting and handled for the future and speculating the possibility of "CFW" sounds silly as of now due to it being impractical right now for ps4.

1.) STOP SAYING CFW, SPOOFING, and much MORE!

Look folks. CTURT spent a lot of time doing personal research on the ps4 and released some explanation on the scene of hacking the ps4 allowing us to fully install linux or make basic syscalls to the ps4.

Reason: CTURT found a vulnerability in open source software used on the PlayStation*4 called "webkit". The vulnerability can be found here*You must login or register to view this content..

What this vulnerability does is a heap based overflow attack within a function used in webkits*open software... This was discovered on IOS but CTuRT found a way to use this on PS4's webkit app. Considering ps4's kernel,OS, and everything is based off FreeBSD's os... we can use some of freeBSD's syscalls to write code injection or get sonys*custom sys called within specific memory points in the OS.*HELL it practically FREE BSD shelled into a sandbox LOL. But back to the point. So what he did was used this vulnerability to develop an exploit in executing code in x86_64 assembly and a little C to write code in calling syscalls to do specific actions such as the one we know in love! Install linux!*

So what this means is we can use this exploit to not only install linux but we as a community can write simlple code injection to other things such as bruteforce attacks maybe to help decrypt ps4 file types such as PUP! Essentially sony has used some jailed syscalls that are making it hard to jail'break' the ps4 so we have access to most of the ps4 but sony has made clever methods in keeping us jailed with some syscalls and limitations*

2.) Every file type on the ps4 is encrypted with a key that we need to decrypt!
Right now yes we can hack the ps4 but that does not mean we access to the PUP files and other files that might help us jailbreak the ps4! This is because we dont like math and we dont like to solve complex algorithms... but on a serious note we can't cracks sony's aslr*algorithm so we as a community need to solve t!

3.) HOMEBREW IS POSSIBLE!

CTURT on github*has made a ps4 sdk! So we can make webkit based hombrew*so we can play pong if we like or just modify some fles on the ps4 for further development on the jailbreak scene but it is very limited.

I may have missed some point but if anyone
has question just ask.
Dont be afraid *im here to inform and correct. I may have some things wrong so im willing to update the thread.
Last edited by HeroWin ; 11-12-2016 at 07:39 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to HeroWin for this useful post:

NGM, zatb15

The following user groaned HeroWin for this awful post:

Hydrogen
11-01-2016, 06:50 AM #11
shawncarnage
Little One
He has been reporting and sifting through the fakes .

The following user thanked shawncarnage for this useful post:

HeroWin
11-01-2016, 05:42 PM #12
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Flame thread is a flame thread.
11-02-2016, 08:42 AM #13
BadChoicesZ
I defeated!
Sony's ASLR is not an encryption algorithm, it is randomizing the location of pages in memory.
There is no ASLR on 1.76 kernel, there is ASLR on 1.76 for other processes but this can be bypassed -.Zilog80 released the address to patch in kernel.
There is ways around ASLR, ROP is one of them things, although used more to bypass DEP.
Also as stated previously spoofing is possible...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo