10-31-2016, 03:47 AM #1
HeroWin
Java Developer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Making this thread spite the fact that half of this community does'nt*truelly understand the fundamentals of exploitation. The general modder only knows how to *leech, copy files, and mod games and make rtm tools so I want to educate the community on how the ps4 is being currently exploiting and handled for the future and speculating the possibility of "CFW" sounds silly as of now due to it being impractical right now for ps4.

1.) STOP SAYING CFW, SPOOFING, and much MORE!

Look folks. CTURT spent a lot of time doing personal research on the ps4 and released some explanation on the scene of hacking the ps4 allowing us to fully install linux or make basic syscalls to the ps4.

Reason: CTURT found a vulnerability in open source software used on the PlayStation*4 called "webkit". The vulnerability can be found here*You must login or register to view this content..

What this vulnerability does is a heap based overflow attack within a function used in webkits*open software... This was discovered on IOS but CTuRT found a way to use this on PS4's webkit app. Considering ps4's kernel,OS, and everything is based off FreeBSD's os... we can use some of freeBSD's syscalls to write code injection or get sonys*custom sys called within specific memory points in the OS.*HELL it practically FREE BSD shelled into a sandbox LOL. But back to the point. So what he did was used this vulnerability to develop an exploit in executing code in x86_64 assembly and a little C to write code in calling syscalls to do specific actions such as the one we know in love! Install linux!*

So what this means is we can use this exploit to not only install linux but we as a community can write simlple code injection to other things such as bruteforce attacks maybe to help decrypt ps4 file types such as PUP! Essentially sony has used some jailed syscalls that are making it hard to jail'break' the ps4 so we have access to most of the ps4 but sony has made clever methods in keeping us jailed with some syscalls and limitations*

2.) Every file type on the ps4 is encrypted with a key that we need to decrypt!
Right now yes we can hack the ps4 but that does not mean we access to the PUP files and other files that might help us jailbreak the ps4! This is because we dont like math and we dont like to solve complex algorithms... but on a serious note we can't cracks sony's aslr*algorithm so we as a community need to solve t!

3.) HOMEBREW IS POSSIBLE!

CTURT on github*has made a ps4 sdk! So we can make webkit based hombrew*so we can play pong if we like or just modify some fles on the ps4 for further development on the jailbreak scene but it is very limited.

I may have missed some point but if anyone
has question just ask.
Dont be afraid *im here to inform and correct. I may have some things wrong so im willing to update the thread.
Last edited by HeroWin ; 11-12-2016 at 07:39 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to HeroWin for this useful post:

NGM, zatb15

The following user groaned HeroWin for this awful post:

Hydrogen
10-31-2016, 05:52 AM #2
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by HeroWin View Post
If you want links ill do it tomorrow im tired and need to hit the bed
and yes i will talk about chaitin and 4.01 exploit speculation
Making this thread spite the fact that half of this community does'nt*truelly understand the fundamentals of exploitation. The general modder only knows how to *leech, copy files, and mod games and make rtm tools so I want to educate the community on how the ps4 is being currently exploiting and handled for the future and speculating the possibility of "CFW" sounds silly as of now due to it being impractical right now for ps4.

1.) STOP SAYING CFW, SPOOFING, and much MORE!

Look folks. CTURT spent a lot of time doing personal research on the ps4 and released some explanation on the scene of hacking the ps4 allowing us to fully install linux or make basic syscalls to the ps4.

Reason: CTURT found a vulnerability in open source software used on the PlayStation*4 called "webkit". The vulnerability can be found here*You must login or register to view this content..

What this vulnerability does is a heap based overflow attack within a function used in webkits*open software... This was discovered on IOS but CTuRT found a way to use this on PS4's webkit app. Considering ps4's kernel,OS, and everything is based off FreeBSD's os... we can use some of freeBSD's syscalls to write code injection or get sonys*custom sys called within specific memory points in the OS.*HELL it practically FREE BSD shelled into a sandbox LOL. But back to the point. So what he did was used this vulnerability to develop an exploit in executing code in x86_64 assembly and a little C to write code in calling syscalls to do specific actions such as the one we know in love! Install linux!*

So what this means is we can use this exploit to not only install linux but we as a community can write simlple code injection to other things such as bruteforce attacks maybe to help decrypt ps4 file types such as PUP! Essentially sony has used some jailed syscalls that are making it hard to jail'break' the ps4 so we have access to most of the ps4 but sony has made clever methods in keeping us jailed with some syscalls and limitations*

2.) Every file type on the ps4 is encrypted with a key that we need to decrypt!
Right now yes we can hack the ps4 but that does not mean we access to the PUP files and other files that might help us jailbreak the ps4! This is because we dont like math and we dont like to solve complex algorithms... but on a serious note we can't cracks sony's aslr*algorithm so we as a community need to solve t!

3.) HOMEBREW IS POSSIBLE!

CTURT on github*has made ps4 sdk! So we can webkit based hombrew*so we can play pong if we like or just modify some fles on the ps4 for further development on the jailbreak scene but it is very limited.

I may have missed some point but if anyone
has question just ask.
Dont be afraid *im here to inform and correct. I may have some things wrong so im willing to update the thread.

Noob(s) referring to like two users. lel.

The following user thanked Hydrogen for this useful post:

iTruceFret
10-31-2016, 10:36 AM #3
shawncarnage
Little One
Spoofing has been confirmed in other threads.

The following user groaned shawncarnage for this awful post:

HeroWin
10-31-2016, 11:40 AM #4
HeroWin
Java Developer
Originally posted by shawncarnage View Post
Spoofing has been confirmed in other threads.

link me some threads shawn
10-31-2016, 03:25 PM #5
Silver_SR71
I am error
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post
Noob(s) referring to like two users. lel.

Absolutely not true, go look at previous threads released by Hydrogen and such, scroll down the replies.
10-31-2016, 03:36 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by SR71 View Post
Absolutely not true, go look at previous threads released by Hydrogen and such, scroll down the replies.

But he's groaning everyone left to right for no reason lol.

Instead of bringing his attitude to everyone, he could've said it in a positive way which actually made a big difference.

Just say facts, and keep it chill. Whole point of a forum. Share knowledge, or to learn something, simple. Upside Down Happy But I do agree on his words, people are going to conclusions too quickly over threads.
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 10-31-2016 at 03:41 PM.
10-31-2016, 11:41 PM #7
HeroWin
Java Developer
But he's groaning everyone left to right for no reason lol.

Instead of bringing his attitude to everyone, he could've said it in a positive way which actually made a big difference.

Just say facts, and keep it chill. Whole point of a forum. Share knowledge, or to learn something, simple. Upside Down Happy But I do agree on his words, people are going to conclusions too quickly over threads.

Its subjective hydro.... only reason why im groaning you is because you reply was stupid. now can you please stop making my thread cancer.
10-31-2016, 11:57 PM #8
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Its subjective hydro.... only reason why im groaning you is because you reply was stupid. now can you please stop making my thread cancer.

How is it stupid if you had an advantage of implying other users that have no knowledge? I never remember replying to threads made them get cancer. Don't know if you realize I was on the same side as you, but someone cracked your corn flakes bub Upside Down Happy
11-01-2016, 12:00 AM #9
HeroWin
Java Developer
How is it stupid if you had an advantage of implying other users that have no knowledge? I never remember replying to threads made them get cancer. Don't know if you realize I was on the same side as you, but someone cracked your corn flakes bub Upside Down Happy

your replys on my threads are stupid. Not sure where your going off about knowledge... OKay look hydro.. if makes you happy why don't we just stop talking to each other and you stop replying to me? Thought you would get the hint by now.

oh and anyone reading this. I making some ROP programming tutorials for the community to get started in exploiting the PS4 stay tuned!
11-01-2016, 12:03 AM #10
Hydrogen
Super Mod
your replys on my threads are stupid. Not sure where your going off about knowledge... OKay look hydro.. if makes you happy why don't we just stop talking to each other and you stop replying to me? Thought you would get the hint by now.

oh and anyone reading this. I making some ROP programming tutorials for the community to get started in exploiting the PS4 stay tuned!

Same here because having an arguement on a gaming forum is retarted. Me having headache already just makes this boring. Good luck bashing scrubbies im off to my nest

The following 2 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

HeroWin, Mr.Peanut

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo