Post: [1.76 PS4] Reading and Writing to Process Memory via proc_rwmem
11-28-2016, 02:43 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NextGenUpdate, well since everyone started releasing the tutorial on this might as well post now eh? Well today I bring you a tutorial that shows you on how to read and write to process memory using proc_rwmem.

Credits to this tutorial belong to the following individuals: Wskeu and Wildcard which helped to make this tutorial. Nice touch for Wildcard for helping around with the code on Twitter as well. Shout out goes to him. Lets continue on their tutorial they have shared to public shall we?

To roughly quote the tutorial: [How to read and write to process memory using proc_rwmem]

Credits(these go first):
Original authors: wskeu(for the reading part), wildcard (for the writing part)

Requirements:

• 1.76 console
  • elf-loader
  • ps4–sdk
  • You must login or register to view this content.
  • a brain

Steps:

1. Compile the payload. Specifically to what you want to patch, the size, etc. So, this:

/* set variables for reading and writing mem */
size_t dumphexsize = 0x200;
size_t dumpsize = 0x1; // size that you want to read
size_t writesize = 0x1; // size of the data you are overwriting
uint64_t base = start[0]; // use the number of the mapping you want to write to, starting with 0
size_t intoBase = 0x465FC9; // relative position of base

and this:

char *target = "SceShellCore";

2. Load elf-loader. Let it stabilize on stage 5. (To increase success rate, clear cookies, cache and history)
3. Load the payload. Specifically:

#listener
socat - TCP:my.ps4.ip:5052

#sender
socat -u FILE:path/to/rwmem TCP:my.ps4.ip:5053

4. This payload will take a while to listen to logs. Be patient. After a while it’ll show log output with the memory before and memory after.

Notes: this is process peek and poke (reading and writing to process memory) using proc_rwmem, which is more efficient than the old method
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 11-28-2016 at 03:26 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

BAD_ROBOT, Big_Buddha, DMAAR-7777, OG Trojan041, Playstation VR
11-29-2016, 01:21 PM #2
I'm unsure of the dumpsize writesize and base=start?
11-30-2016, 02:43 PM #3
Where do I get these values from?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo