Post: PS4 4.50 AND 4.55 Firmware Has Been Hacked by Qwertyoruiopz
04-19-2017, 01:34 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Previously on Prison Break Kappa, Luca had shared his WebKit Exploit which actually was a big impact to the PS4 Scene. Knowing that Sony screwed up updating the PS4 to 4.55, this actually made it get even better. Since the jsc features made exploitation easier, this meant the 4.5X firmwares were officially going bye bye. Fast forwarding to today, PS4 4.50 and 4.55 Firmware has been pwned by PS4/iOS Hacker You must login or register to view this content..

Now, here's the catch. He tweeted out stating to Zecoxao saying that it's taking a while to port the Kernel Exploit from the UID being 1 and not 0. If a Kernel Exploit combines with all this work being put thanks to his WebKit Exploit... there's a huge potential for a jailbreak and also piracy which I don't condone nor will talk about it here. Anyways, since we're extremely on a higher firmware, this could light up the scene with spoofing on online access and jailbreaking.

PS4 4.55 is confirmed vulnerable to both webkit rce & kernel lpe.

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.

The following 35 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, Okami, Algebra, BaumHF1, Big_Buddha, danilo_BR, Dav3s, DEv_ShOoTz, Devious, Dog88Christian, EvilDevilReX, Fixed Username, Fleek Designs, GelsonSilva, gluesniffinpete, Grezinn, hibye3, Beats, iDontRte, ItzZ_Arsenaly, Je Modz, Kavi Modz, MrRsoul, Nana, NELUxP, Member35342235, Darth Saul, kankuro33, RF0oDxM0Dz, saeed19971, Shadow, STVBDKD, User343234, X-UNDEAD_NINJA2, xSOADx
04-20-2017, 11:06 AM #38
NGU GHOST
The One And Only
You must login or register to view this content.
04-20-2017, 12:08 PM #39
NGM
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by BOSS View Post
Thanks for the reply. As you can tell from my post count, I'm a bit new here Happy What exactly would we have to do on the user-end once he releases this exploit? Does it get compiled somehow? My apologies for my n00biness heh.

2009 2 post in this subject something telling me ......
04-20-2017, 12:21 PM #40
So now we wait, and how would we install this? Same as ps3?
04-20-2017, 12:35 PM #41
NGM
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Fixed
So now we wait, and how would we install this? Same as ps3?

better
04-20-2017, 12:55 PM #42
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
There's a lot of idiotic questions concerning this. "How TO INSTALL" "HOW DO U PUT DIS ON PS4z"

You can't. You probably won't. If this is anything like the iOS scene, there will be many upgrades until it's perfection, and others can provide whatever exploit they have. I expect something within next month, towards the end. Remember guys and gals, this isn't Geohot, where he fully supported our freedom, and released THAT night. This is a little shit, where he boasts about his work, and doesn't neccessarily do anything as far as a release. I assume he's wanting money? I don't expect a release, if anything, for a while. (Good luck staying on said firmware as Sony will be updating within the week).
:y:

And if I'm wrong, I'll take this post down. If I'm right, fuck all of you who don't support it.

The following 2 users say thank you to iTruceFret for this useful post:

Hydrogen, AFG
04-20-2017, 01:46 PM #43
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
There's a lot of idiotic questions concerning this. "How TO INSTALL" "HOW DO U PUT DIS ON PS4z"

You can't. You probably won't. If this is anything like the iOS scene, there will be many upgrades until it's perfection, and others can provide whatever exploit they have. I expect something within next month, towards the end. Remember guys and gals, this isn't Geohot, where he fully supported our freedom, and released THAT night. This is a little shit, where he boasts about his work, and doesn't neccessarily do anything as far as a release. I assume he's wanting money? I don't expect a release, if anything, for a while. (Good luck staying on said firmware as Sony will be updating within the week).

And if I'm wrong, I'll take this post down. If I'm right, fuck all of you who don't support it.

No, If there was a PS4 jailbreak, how would you put it on PS4? Same easy method as PS3 or use of progsheetlike device or flasher?
04-20-2017, 01:58 PM #44
weelee
Bounty hunter

Luca isn't after money. When he released yalu he told everyone who was asking about donating, too donate to a charity of their choice Smile
Last edited by weelee ; 04-20-2017 at 02:23 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to weelee for this useful post:

Grezinn, Hydrogen, iDontRte
04-20-2017, 04:36 PM #45

No, he'll definitely release for free. He didn't charge for the iOS10 jailbreak, so why would he here? Luca's the real deal, man, and will definitely get attacked by Sony. While Apple has no choice but to allow jailbreaks, according to the courts, Sony would get an instant lawsuit on Luca.
04-20-2017, 05:20 PM #46
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Originally posted by Frosty View Post
No, he'll definitely release for free. He didn't charge for the iOS10 jailbreak, so why would he here? Luca's the real deal, man, and will definitely get attacked by Sony. While Apple has no choice but to allow jailbreaks, according to the courts, Sony would get an instant lawsuit on Luca.

I'm no lawyer, but if Apple can't sue, why the fuck can Sony?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo